You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-19-2007, 07:43 AM   #1
Look behind you!

Default Full throttle hints

Im out on the highway now, and I need to get a booster and ramp and goggles and sh*t. Anyways I have no idea how to get any of those! I have a battle with the people on bikes and after they fall i don't get any new weapons or anything. Can someone tell me how to get the weapons from the other bikers?
Old 06-19-2007, 07:48 AM   #2

Send a message via MSN to Ledz

You have to gradually build up your weapons collection, until you have the items you need. I'm not sure but if I remember correctly, you need:

Spoiler:
the long plank thingy to take out one of the cavefish to get his goggles, and some fertilizer from the fallen truck to take down the booster guys.
Old 06-19-2007, 08:12 AM   #3
Retired Buccaneer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledz View Post
You have to gradually build up your weapons collection, until you have the items you need. I'm not sure but if I remember correctly, you need:

Spoiler:
the long plank thingy to take out one of the cavefish to get his goggles, and some fertilizer from the fallen truck to take down the booster guys.
Right idea, but you've got the necessary items a bit mixed up, and it takes several fights to get them anyways.

Spoiler:
You need the long metal chain to get the booster fuel.

The exact steps in that process, below (caution for puzzle spoilers):

1. Use tire iron or a kick on the biker with the flail (spiked skull).
2. Use the flail on the biker with the long chain
3. Use the chain on the biker with the booster fuel

To get the goggles, do this:

1. Use fertilizer on the biker with the chainsaw.
2. Use the chainsaw on the biker with the big plank.
3. Use the plank on the biker with the goggles (but only when he raises his head to look at the road).

Once you have the goggles, you can use them, and doing so will lead you to the puzzle of obtaining the ramp.

You also need a hoverfan; I suggest you find some way of taking it from that blue hovercar at the Mink Ranch. Any road hazards between the ranch and the bridge?
Old 06-19-2007, 08:22 AM   #4
Look behind you!

No no, I mean, how do you GET the weapons from these people? Everytime I make them fall down I don't get another weapon. I just need to know how you get there weapons AFTER you defeat them.
Old 06-19-2007, 08:46 AM   #5
Retired Buccaneer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sand maester View Post
No no, I mean, how do you GET the weapons from these people? Everytime I make them fall down I don't get another weapon. I just need to know how you get there weapons AFTER you defeat them.
Oh. Heh. Try right-clicking or pressing TAB to change weapons. Every time you defeat the right biker with the right weapon, you pick up theirs automatically and it shows up in your collection during your next fight. You should see a cutscene of Ben grabbing the new weapons, each time.

(As I said above, start with the fertilizer and the tire iron, which you should already have if you're a smart adventure gamer and pick up everything not nailed down. But the default is the fist, which is why you had trouble, I think.)
Old 06-19-2007, 09:37 AM   #6
Look behind you!

Oh.. i feel like a dumb-ass. After reading this I got right to kicking every bikers ass. Thanks.
Old 05-06-2008, 07:12 PM   #7
The Greater

Send a message via AIM to Giligan

I'm stuck on this bit right now. I keep fighting the bikers, but I only fight the Rottwheelers, the girl, and the dude with glasses. The Cavefish and the guy with the booster never show. It's really getting annoying, as I fight them over and over again, and nothing happens. Any ideas on how many times I have to fight these guys until the booster guy shows up? Also, I've got the goggles but they don't help, as I'm still not sure how to find the cave.

EDIT: Nevermind, got it.

Last edited by Giligan; 05-07-2008 at 06:44 PM.
Old 05-07-2008, 02:33 AM   #8

Are any of you by chance playing with ScummVM? I lost my save from around this point and I don't want to replay the whole game, If anyone has a save they can share, I would be grateful!