You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General Brothers in Arms Reviews!!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-03-2005, 07:01 PM   #21
No justice. Only me.

I've never really gotten into WW2 shooters that much, partially because of the over-saturation of the market, but Brothers in Arms looks pretty damn cool. I like the fact that it's based on a true story, so it's telling us that there's not really any glorification of the battles. It's just letting us live them.

I have RtCW, which was pretty fun, but I think it starts boring, ends boring, and has all its good missions right smack in the middle. Call of Duty kicked a ton of ass. Most cinematic shooter I'd ever played until HL2 came out. The opening mission, where you raise the signal and then a ton of paratroopers come down on top of you, was a real "oh HELL YES" moment for me. And the battle of Stalingrad was pretty intense, I have to say. But yeah, the British missions were the worst part of the game.

As far as IGN goes, the fact that even Fight Club got a 4.5 tells me that there's some definite score inflation going on there.