You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General Xbox 360 Preorder - whats on your list?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-07-2005, 01:22 PM   #21
Epinionated.

Delayed? Thanks for telling me! You sure? In the UK?

I'll save me pennies and stick to the two then.
Old 10-07-2005, 02:26 PM   #22
Banned User

I can't believe you guys would buy TD. When was the last time a Test Drive game was good?

Anyway, I just hope that the two packages aren't something they're just doing at launch. I wan't the bigger one with the HD, I just don't want it yet.
Old 10-07-2005, 02:32 PM   #23
merely human

I'm not saying I would buy it. I'd at least wait for reviews and a demo. At best, it does look promising.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 10-07-2005, 02:35 PM   #24
The Threadâ„¢ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

The only games that interest me are also coming out on the PC. This, when coupled with the fact that I can't have a TV at university without having to pay a licence fee, make it highly unlikely that I'll get an Xbox 360 any time soon...

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.

Old 10-07-2005, 02:44 PM   #25
merely human

You have to pay a license fee for a t.v. at uni? That's one of the stupidest things I've ever heard.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 10-07-2005, 02:45 PM   #26
Resident AG Ninja

Send a message via ICQ to TigerShard Send a message via AIM to TigerShard

Quote:
Originally Posted by temporaryscars
I can't believe you guys would buy TD. When was the last time a Test Drive game was good?

Anyway, I just hope that the two packages aren't something they're just doing at launch. I wan't the bigger one with the HD, I just don't want it yet.
I am hoping it is something more like the first four classic Test Drive games for the PC. Also, I believe the studio working on Unlimited is not the same one that worked on the sucky previous games.

"Intution tells me how to live my day. Intuition tells me when to walk away. Could have turned left, could have turned right, but I ended up here, bang, in the middle of a real life" - Natalie Imbruglia 'Intuition'
Old 10-07-2005, 03:42 PM   #27
Psychonaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens
You have to pay a license fee for a t.v. at uni? That's one of the stupidest things I've ever heard.

You have to pay a Licence to own a TV anywhere in the UK.

£126.50 a year per household and £42 for a Black and White TV (Why??)

The BBC is publically funded by the licence fee and the government.
Old 10-07-2005, 03:44 PM   #28
merely human

Jeezus Cripes, that's.......that's kinda sad, actually.
Old 10-07-2005, 04:19 PM   #29
Epinionated.

You live without adverts and quality programming for a bit, then come back to the US and say that.
Old 10-07-2005, 04:27 PM   #30
merely human

Tivo, my dear. Our version of the BBC in the States.

Then again, I don't give a damn. I practically never watch TV (with the exception of the new ABC series Commander-in-Chief - I adore Geena Davis).
Old 10-07-2005, 07:18 PM   #31
Banned User

Or, you can download the shows online via torrents where the uploaders have nicely edited out the commericals.
Old 10-08-2005, 02:56 AM   #32
The Threadâ„¢ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

Quote:
Originally Posted by squarejawhero
You live without adverts and quality programming for a bit, then come back to the US and say that.
That and it pays for the BBC website. And their radio stations. All in all, it's not too bad a deal, though students having to pay when living in university accomodation is annoying.

Old 10-08-2005, 02:57 AM   #33
merely human

Which begs the question - why not let them have their BBC TV for free?
Old 10-08-2005, 03:22 AM   #34
Epinionated.

Could be easily "faked" by those on part-time courses... it could just be hard to implement nationwide.

I was a poor student, and lived in rented accomodation so my fee was often covered by my landlord/landlady. Ultimately, when I ended up in a council flat, I paid my license and I was broke at the time. I just figured if I wanted a television I had to pay for it. Considering the amount of great-quality telly the BBC provided for me I didn't mind.

Better than a £1000 fine.
Old 10-08-2005, 06:14 AM   #35
The Threadâ„¢ will die.

Quote:
Originally Posted by squarejawhero
Could be easily "faked" by those on part-time courses... it could just be hard to implement nationwide.

I was a poor student, and lived in rented accomodation so my fee was often covered by my landlord/landlady. Ultimately, when I ended up in a council flat, I paid my license and I was broke at the time. I just figured if I wanted a television I had to pay for it. Considering the amount of great-quality telly the BBC provided for me I didn't mind.

Better than a £1000 fine.
I agree. And I appreciate the output of the BBC. But I don't have enough time at university (8-week terms \o/) to sit around watching television .

Old 10-11-2005, 07:15 AM   #36

Well, all I can say is good luck getting any of the games listed here before Christmas, and that is being generous, not to mention actually getting a unit to play them on if you don't live in the US. Have a look at a recent(Oct. 10) interview with J Allard about Micorsoft's new console and its launch. Here's a quote that might be a bit unsettling to those of you who are looking forward to some of the "launch" titles in this thread:

Eurogamer: Can you be specific on the launch line-up, because it's still kind of ambiguous what games you're going to launch with the console.

J Allard: The ones that are done! The ones that are done!

Eurogamer: Can I press you on that? Can you say with conviction which ones?

J Allard: You can press all you want, but no games are through certification yet so it's hard to say precisely.

They certainly have some great games scheduled for later, but I predict that the launch will be pants.

You people with a system already pre-ordered might want to seriosuly consider eBay after you get yours to make a lot of cash to put towards the system when the great games are actually out...or wait for a PS3 and/or Revolution .
Old 10-11-2005, 10:40 PM   #37
Epinionated.

Ah, you assume that we want it for day of release...

... that'd be nice, but tbh I couldn't care less. When it gets here, it gets here. If that means waiting until next year... then so be it!
Old 10-12-2005, 12:13 AM   #38

In response to the Test Drive debate. I actually thought Test Drive Overdrive was a decent game. Not fantastic, but good enough. Especially when you take the price into consideration. It was at least good enough to play while waiting for the bigger titles, in the beginning of the PS2 lifecycle. The graphics were okay too, after coming from PSone graphics.