You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming General My new computer:

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-07-2005, 01:09 PM   #21
merely human

Quote:
Originally Posted by simpsie
Were my Deadly Shadows screens too dark? They look OK on my monitor but I might have my brightness up a tad high.
No, simpsie, your screen captures were fine. But I was viewing them on the LCD screen of my laptop, so they have looked a tad brighter than usual.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 09-07-2005, 04:16 PM   #22
Squeaky

Ah, that's cool then. A day or two ago it occurred to me that they might be a little dark, so when you posted above, I thought it might've been a subtle hint. I must've been hyper sensitive yesterday .
Old 09-10-2005, 12:33 PM   #23

Default Sad news, indeed.

Well guys, I have some sad news to tell you about Half-Life 2.

I started installing the game today, and everything was going smoothly, until when I put in disc 4 to install more game files. The installation suddenly stopped, and there was a message saying a file was missing. I believe the file was an Half-Life 2 icon. So, without that file, the installation just stopped.

I don't know how this could've happened, because this was the first time I tried to install the game. I guess I will try playing some other games.

If you have any ideas on how I could resolve this problem, please let me know. On the upside, I'm currently playing Psychonauts, and I'm loving it so far.
Old 09-10-2005, 12:43 PM   #24
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zack

Well guys, I have some sad news to tell you about Half-Life 2.

I started installing the game today, and everything was going smoothly, until when I put in disc 4 to install more game files. The installation suddenly stopped, and there was a message saying a file was missing. I believe the file was an Half-Life 2 icon. So, without that file, the installation just stopped.

I don't know how this could've happened, because this was the first time I tried to install the game. I guess I will try playing some other games.

If you have any ideas on how I could resolve this problem, please let me know. On the upside, I'm currently playing Psychonauts, and I'm loving it so far.

I had a similar problem when I was installing as well. Problem is, I forgot how I fixed it! Do a google search and see what you can find, that's how I found my answer.
Old 09-11-2005, 04:20 AM   #25
Squeaky

That's some bad news, Zack.

If you have no luck on google, try the Steam forums - you can navigate to them from the Steam main page. Be warned, it's a pretty savage forum, so you'll probably want to search the threads and read the FAQs before you post the question.
Old 09-21-2005, 06:12 PM   #26

Hey guys, just wanted to update you on the games I've been playing on my computer.

Yesterday, when I was about to continue playing, Knights of the old Republic II: The Sith Lords, something strange happened. When I loaded up my newest saved game, and went to my invenotry screen, all of the extra inventory items that I didn't have equipped, were just...gone. They had all disappeared, and I got the assumption that I must have had a technical problem, or, as everyone calls them, "A BUG". Tonight, when I loaded up an earlier save, everything was there, so I'm going to restart the game, and get back the progress that I made on the game. The saved game was on Dantooine, and I had just stabilized the planet, and made an ally with one of the Jedi Masters, Vrook.

I still have psychonauts on my computer, and I also have Chronicles of Riddick, and Splinter Cell 1 on the computer, too. Those are the next games I plan to play. Happy gaming for me!.
Old 09-21-2005, 06:17 PM   #27

P.S. By the way, I just went on to the Steam Main Page, and found the answer to the problem that I had with the Half-Life 2 installation. I'll be sure to look at it again, when I get the urge to play that game.