You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-15-2006, 01:30 PM   #21
Dungeon Master

Yeah, "full stop" = ".". Not that I have any problem with your controversial sentence...
Old 01-16-2006, 05:38 AM   #22
Lazi

no worry, same for me.

besides the quick reply, i think we all need a grammatical + spell check in these forums :p
Old 01-16-2006, 10:28 AM   #23
Under pressure.

I can't live without SpellBound for FireFox

--Erwin
Old 01-16-2006, 01:04 PM   #24
Plumber-x company

Send a message via AIM to Filmman Send a message via Yahoo to Filmman

I love Quick Reply is so easy to use
Old 01-17-2006, 08:30 AM   #25
kamikaze hummingbirds

Yes I do think it is.
Because this was done in quickreply.
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLL
Old 01-17-2006, 12:44 PM   #26
Plumber-x company

Send a message via AIM to Filmman Send a message via Yahoo to Filmman

HAHAHAHAHAHAH that is funny I do the somthing to Hammerite I just post a Quickreply too
Old 01-17-2006, 06:13 PM   #27
Codger

I really like "Quick Reply". Am using it now. But it appears that I am unable to edit quick reply messages. Of course I am able to edit normal replies. Am I missing something?

Correction: I can edit this, but there are several messages in the Adventure section that I cannot edit. Still confused.
Old 01-17-2006, 06:18 PM   #28
merely human

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtrooney
I really like "Quick Reply". Am using it now. But it appears that I am unable to edit quick reply messages. Of course I am able to edit normal replies. Am I missing something?
Yes, you are missing something. You're missing the fact that 'Quick Reply' is exactly that - a quick reply. If you decide to edit quick reply posts or do anything more than whatever few options are available in the 'Quick Reply' window, it wouldn't be a quick reply anymore.

There is a tab that says 'Go Advanced'. Click that if you want to do a lot more, which will take more time, and thus not be a quick reply anymore.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 01-17-2006, 06:21 PM   #29
Super Moderator

After so long though (and you may not know this given you've been a mod and mods can always edit I would imagine) but you can't edit your posts after a certain time. I'm not sure how long that lasts but you lose the ability to do that with older posts. I think that's what rtrooney may mean (maybe... ).
Old 01-17-2006, 06:23 PM   #30
merely human

I'm not on mod status right now so I don't have that option. I have merely the same options and the time frame to use them as you.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 01-17-2006, 11:40 PM   #31
fov
Rattenmonster

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtrooney
Correction: I can edit this, but there are several messages in the Adventure section that I cannot edit. Still confused.
How old are the messages you're trying to edit? They're probably too old. I'm not sure what the cutoff is, but there is a cutoff, after which messages can't be edited (except by a moderator).

I like the quick reply feature, but a few times I have typed out my reply and then accidentally hit the "post reply" button above the form field (under the last post on the thread) rather than the "post quick reply" button below it. This takes me to the standard reply page and I lose the response I typed out in the quick reply box.
Old 01-18-2006, 12:00 AM   #32
merely human

LOL, maybe you shouldn't be so quick in your replies, fov.