You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-14-2004, 06:54 AM   #21

Most of Jack Black's films are kind of silly. However, when you put it into the context of Tenacious D you begin to appreciate his sense of humour. Shallow Hal, granted is not very interesting... but "School of Rock" basically rocks the socks off anything.

"Read between the LINES!"
Old 09-14-2004, 10:42 AM   #22
The Reggienator

Send a message via ICQ to Kolzig Send a message via MSN to Kolzig

I just watched High Fidelity yesterday, a great movie, Jack Black was ok in that.

And then to the actual news, Production Diary: Day 6 is UP at www.kongisking.net

LITTLE LESS WIND IS GOOD!
"The old standby, that never got old in the first place. We come back to them weekly, nightly, for hours at a time--and they always deliver. They are pure, timeless, and often taken for granted." - Nick Breckon - Shacknews

My gamesale list *updated 26.8.2007*
Hey, dear people please buy my games, I need money to conquer Europe! Or do something similar.
Old 09-15-2004, 02:21 PM   #23
The Reggienator

Production Diary 7 is up!
"The old standby, that never got old in the first place. We come back to them weekly, nightly, for hours at a time--and they always deliver. They are pure, timeless, and often taken for granted." - Nick Breckon - Shacknews

Hey, dear people please buy my games, I need money to conquer Europe! Or do something similar.
Old 09-15-2004, 04:21 PM   #24
i'm with... <thud>

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolzig
Production Diary 7 is up!
what comes next? eight?
Old 09-16-2004, 01:07 AM   #25
The Reggienator

Hehe, I forgot the "day" word from the last post.

It's quite cool that PJ is sharing the behind the scenes stuff with fans in this way, there aren't many directors who would do so.

Old 09-28-2004, 08:03 AM   #26
No justice. Only me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanjuro2
Heh. Well, I never had expectations for the remake of Planet of the Apes because in THAT case, the original needed no remake.
I agree with you, but I think for the opposite reason. I can't say I was a huge fan of the FIRST Planet of the Apes, so the fact that the remake sucked did not surprise me. It's tough to make a good remake when your source material is bad.

I HAVE however read the book, (in French originally, La planete des singes,) and it is pretty entertaining, if not incredibly deep.
Old 09-28-2004, 09:39 AM   #27
A search for a crazy man!

Send a message via ICQ to remixor Send a message via AIM to remixor Send a message via MSN to remixor

Quote:
Originally Posted by log p
tenacious D wouldnt have went over too well in the '30s...lets hope jack black is somewhat more than shallow hal with his acting ability
Yeah, and your sentences with lack of proper capitalization and punctuation probably wouldn't have gone over too well in the '30s either. However, since it's not the '30s, this doesn't really matter. What's your point?

Some sort of Writer or Editor or Something, Idle Thumbs

"Some comparisons are a little less obvious. I always think of Grim Fandango as Casablanca on acid." - Will Wright
Old 09-30-2004, 12:07 PM   #28
pain is love

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConcreteRancor
I agree with you, but I think for the opposite reason. I can't say I was a huge fan of the FIRST Planet of the Apes, so the fact that the remake sucked did not surprise me. It's tough to make a good remake when your source material is bad.

I HAVE however read the book, (in French originally, La planete des singes,) and it is pretty entertaining, if not incredibly deep.
Well, that's all a matter of taste I guess (liking the first one). But, Don't any of you guys over here like Tim Burton? I thought he couln't miss. Heck, I could be his groupie if it weren't for Helena Bonham Carter!

There are more old drunks then old doctors. - Willie Nelson

by_100ja
Old 09-30-2004, 12:23 PM   #29
i'm with... <thud>

Quote:
Originally Posted by remixor
Yeah, and your sentences with lack of proper capitalization and punctuation probably wouldn't have gone over too well in the '30s either. However, since it's not the '30s, this doesn't really matter. What's your point?
my point is your grammar is impeccable, good sir
Old 09-30-2004, 03:30 PM   #30
No justice. Only me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100ja a.k.a. mr_mitja
Well, that's all a matter of taste I guess (liking the first one). But, Don't any of you guys over here like Tim Burton? I thought he couln't miss. Heck, I could be his groupie if it weren't for Helena Bonham Carter!
I actually LOVE most of Burton's movies, and Burton in general.

I watch Nightmare Before Christmas religiously every Halloween, (along with Vincent or Frankenweenie if time permits,) and Big Fish is near the top of my "must buy DVD" list. I love Sleepy Hollow, and Edward Scissorhands, was pretty happy with Batman, and although I wasn't a huge fan when I first saw it in theaters, (I was 11 and was very scared by the movie,) I now even enjoy the occasional viewing of Mars Attacks.

Wow, this turned into a real name-dropper, but I really am a big fan of Burton's work. But Planet of the Apes didn't feel like Burton. It just didn't have his style.
Old 09-30-2004, 05:40 PM   #31
A search for a crazy man!

Send a message via ICQ to remixor Send a message via AIM to remixor Send a message via MSN to remixor

Quote:
Originally Posted by log p
my point is your grammar is impeccable, good sir
Touché.

Some sort of Writer or Editor or Something, Idle Thumbs

"Some comparisons are a little less obvious. I always think of Grim Fandango as Casablanca on acid." - Will Wright
Old 10-01-2004, 12:25 AM   #32
pain is love

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConcreteRancor
I actually LOVE most of Burton's movies, and Burton in general.

I watch Nightmare Before Christmas religiously every Halloween...
Yeah, I watch it every Christmas

BTW Big Fish and Ed Wood are two of my favorites (if I had to choose)

by_100ja
Old 10-01-2004, 10:58 AM   #33
i'm with... <thud>

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100ja a.k.a. mr_mitja
Yeah, I watch it every Christmas

BTW Big Fish and Ed Wood are two of my favorites (if I had to choose)
"eddie, get me my morphine"...my friend actually watched Glen or Glenda...can you believe that!...i'd like to see some ed wood butchery
Old 10-01-2004, 11:02 AM   #34
i'm with... <thud>

Quote:
Originally Posted by remixor
Touché.
wisenheimer
Old 10-28-2004, 10:55 AM   #35
The Reggienator

http://img-nex.kongisking.net/kong/m...x270-mpeg4.mov

This is most definately the best diary file so far.
Watch it.

Old 04-30-2005, 01:54 AM   #36
The Reggienator

The first Post Production Diary is up.
Andy Serkis sure has a tough job ahead of him.

http://img-nex.kongisking.net/kong/m...o_qt6_high.mov

Old 04-30-2005, 05:30 AM   #37
Bad Influence

Send a message via Yahoo to Sage

Ray Harryhausen is still alive? Damn!

Such bitterness toward Jack Black! Bear in mind Mr. Black is first and foremost a musician, then a comic actor who occasionally accepts movie roles. He's not in the same class as DeNiro, nor has he ever claimed to be. He doesn't seem to take most of his roles seriously, and he isn't expected to because they're not serious roles.
One notable exception to this was "Shallow Hal", which was easily the best thing both Jack Black and the Farrelly brothers have ever done. Of course, I don't expect many guys to appreciate this movie since most guys are every bit as shallow as the title character and couldn't care less how mean and nasty someone is as long as they're pretty to look at. Perhaps that story hits a little close to home, hmmm?

ConcreteRancor- You were only 11 when "Mars Attacks" was released? Thank you for reminding me I'm a senior citizen by this forum's standards. By the way, happy birthday, you young whipper-snapper!

I'll go see "King Kong" when it's released. Hopefully, the third time will be the charm with this movie.
Then again, the second remake of "The Island Of Dr. Moreau" managed to suck despite an incredibly talented cast and state-of-the-art special effects, so it's still possible to f#ck up a wet dream if you really try.

Thrifty

Share the love.

<3
Old 04-30-2005, 07:34 PM   #38
The Impostor

Quote:
You guys need to listen to some Tenacious D songs...
Ye Gad, no! No one should be subjected to that level of torture.

Quote:
Bear in mind Mr. Black is first and foremost a musician
That's not true – the other guy does most of the real guitar work, he just uses his as a prop. I was under the impression that he was first and foremost a comedian.
Old 05-01-2005, 02:31 AM   #39

- insert band that omloflump likes - REALLY SUCKS!!!

There, we're even.

Seriously, get over it. You don't like Tenacious D... fine. But leave those that do like them alone, or with karate they'll kick your ass, from here to right over there.
Old 05-01-2005, 02:52 AM   #40
pain is love

by_100ja