You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-17-2006, 05:22 PM   #21
Citizen of Bizarro World

Those pictures reinforce my desire to get a cat.

Welcome, Chris.
Under land of no free! Am us home coward-leeee!

~Excerpt from the Bizarro Anthem
Old 06-17-2006, 05:33 PM   #22
female animal lover

Send a message via MSN to Panthera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melanie68
Panthera and Christine:

What kinds of toys do you buy your rats?
You buy your rats toys?

Well, all rats needs a safe little haven, so a little house is practical.

Else I've had a wheel for them to run in, but they never used it.

I've also bought saltbricks they could chew on (they loved those)

and fitted their cage with branches (clean), and some other small playful things.. They liked paperballs..

My sporadically updated blogs:
Animation enthusiast, Sci-fi enthusiast and Snark, pedantry and random geekery

Last edited by Panthera; 06-17-2006 at 05:39 PM.
Old 06-17-2006, 05:52 PM   #23
Super Moderator

Well I was thinking of it. I have Twinkle who is old and coming to the end of her life so she's not as active. I just got two new rats (Avidin and Biotin) and they are young and active. They have a little house and there's a wheel in there (although they haven't figured it out yet). I was just trying to think of something else to dispel their energy. I'll try the paper balls - thanks.

Christine - cute rats btw!

Last edited by Melanie68; 06-17-2006 at 07:09 PM.
Old 06-17-2006, 07:18 PM   #24
Bad Influence

Send a message via Yahoo to Sage

Great rats, Christine! My hamsters used to love to play with dur-durs, either from toilet paper or from paper towels. They eventually chew them up, but they seem to enjoy it.

Share the love.

<3
Old 06-17-2006, 07:22 PM   #25
merely human

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisbear1
couldnt see a welcome board so i thought i would do it here.
When in doubt, make your own welcome board, hon.

Welcome to teh sexiest adventure gaming community ever conspired. Watch out for Jatsie. He's a slippery one, he is.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 06-18-2006, 12:30 AM   #26

everyone loves badger...peopel travel from all over just to see him its crazy. my ratties play wth most things...loo rolls (the cardboard bit), tissue boxes (empty obv) mostly they play with eachother or play by chewing the nice expensive toys and things ive just bought for them!

as for music (sorry only saw it as i was scrolling through) i have most things in the CD heap from nina simone to marilyn manson etc
Old 06-18-2006, 03:58 AM   #27
Ale! And keep 'em coming!

I remember when I built a little play 'castle' (more like a mutated tower) from cardboard boxes and pieces. Nearly every day I asked at my school's kiosk if they had some new cardboard. The rats loved it. That's quite long ago, though.

We had ten rats too, though before that we had just two males - we had gotten Felix from a friend to look after the over the holidays, but in the end the mother of the friend didn't allow the rat back. So we were stuck with him. We thought we should get him a friend, so we bought a young male which we called Mätzchen. They didn't get along though, so we always let them run separately. When they died we got three sisters: Pia (White. At some point in her life she managed to smash an inkwell full of purple ink, which left purple splashes on her fur for the rest of her life. Also, she held her head a bit crooked since then, but otherwise she was fine.), Titty (black and white) and Cleo (Brown). Later we got more. One of them was an abondoned rat which someone had found outside. She was half-wild already, but she later became very sweet. She was black and white (I think), and a bit larger than the others (she was also older), and one of her ears had a piece bitten out of it. We called her "Hexe" (the German word for "Witch").

-

>>>Inventor of the Mail order-Assassin<<<

And *This*...is a Black Hole - BYE!