You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat Where Do You Want To Go?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-10-2006, 12:40 PM   #41
Chris Barraclough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karmillo
I want to go down on history...
I don't think it's possible to perform oral sex with a subject mate

Check out www.chrisbarraclough.co.uk for promotions and giveaways. Twitter: Seebaruk
Old 05-10-2006, 02:11 PM   #42
woof

Send a message via AIM to Karmillo Send a message via MSN to Karmillo

Now thats just not true!

I would love to go into detail on how to acheive this feat but alas we shant go off the course of the topic at hand!
Old 05-12-2006, 06:59 AM   #43
Huz
Kersal Massive

Send a message via MSN to Huz

Well, this thread pushed me to get my online photo album up to date. Scott, if you want more temptation fodder, check out the pics of my Europe travels last year. Be warned though, if you're anything like me, they'll make you sick and want to be there right now!

Croatia starts with the horse statue on the third row.

Old 05-15-2006, 07:07 AM   #44
Lazy Bee

Today I recieved a post card from N.Y city. A friend of mine and her hubby is there, staying in the middle of Manhattan, seeing the sights, having a great time.
I just got so envious. With this darn basement problem we´ll not get anywhere this summer. *grumble, grumble*
Old 05-15-2006, 09:35 AM   #45
Chris Barraclough

Curse you Huz, your photos have made me realise how dull and holiday-devoid my life is. Ah well, at least I'm safe from peacocks here in London.

Check out www.chrisbarraclough.co.uk for promotions and giveaways. Twitter: Seebaruk
Old 05-15-2006, 11:13 AM   #46
Huz
Kersal Massive

Me too man, me too.

Even the pictures in the "view out of your window" thread are making me jealous!
Old 05-15-2006, 11:26 AM   #47
Chris Barraclough

If I had a digital camera that worked I could take a picture of the building site outside my flat and post it up, that might help you a bit! Ah well, I'm skint after spending loads this month so no holidays for me. I'm gonna just turn the lights up bright, and sit here in my shades sipping ouzo and salt cocktails

Old 05-15-2006, 02:39 PM   #48
The Thread™ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

I want to travel the world, meeting you all.

Or be like that guy in The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, and make it my mission to insult everyone in the universe ever.

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.

Old 05-16-2006, 01:26 AM   #49
Lazy Bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by seebaruk
If I had a digital camera that worked I could take a picture of the building site outside my flat and post it up, that might help you a bit! Ah well, I'm skint after spending loads this month so no holidays for me. I'm gonna just turn the lights up bright, and sit here in my shades sipping ouzo and salt cocktails
But you live in London! That´s where people go for holiday!
I´m stuck here in a quiet neighbourhood outside a quiet small town in a quiet area.
I´d better buy a whole buch of crime novels and pray for great weather. If that´s the case this summer will be OK.
Old 05-28-2006, 01:06 PM   #50
Lazy Bee

So are you guys and girls making holiday plans for the summer yet? We'll pretty much stay at home, taking our small boat out into the archipellago on sunny days, perhaps over night as well. if there's time and money left after fixing our basement we'll just improvise.
Old 05-28-2006, 01:34 PM   #51
Life and times of...

Nah, I'll have to see. I usually don't make any plans.

Now the summer's looking a bit boring at first with most of the people I usually am with in the army. Now that's a stupid institution...
Old 05-28-2006, 05:06 PM   #52
Lovable rogue

I don't currently have any plans.

My parents own property in the Algarve, so that's always an option whenever I fancy a free holiday.

"My mental image of Jat is a gentleman sitting in a leather armchair, wearing a robe. The light in the room is dim and strangely he's not sitting in front of a computer, but next to a small, round table with a box of cigars on." - Jelena

Old 05-28-2006, 05:42 PM   #53
Citizen of Bizarro World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huz
Croatia starts with the horse statue on the third row.
Croatia seems nice. Bosnia must've been a depressing note in your journey though.

BTW, to answer the titular question, I wanna tour Europe much in the same way Huz did. I primarily have Prague and Vienna in my sights. Oh, and Rome. And a bunch of other capitals. I never got to see London properly. I wouldn't mind seeing Paris, Budapest and Athens again...I wanna see Berlin...and Moscow...and St. Petersburg...and Odessa (that idea was inspired by the movie "Everything is Illuminated")...and Stockholm...and Constantinople...and whatever else the **** there is. Everything!
Under land of no free! Am us home coward-leeee!

~Excerpt from the Bizarro Anthem

Last edited by Maquisard; 05-28-2006 at 05:49 PM.
Old 05-28-2006, 09:17 PM   #54
Homer of Kittens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens
Nowhere, really. I want to explore as much of L.A. as I can, all the different neighbourhoods (L.A., naturally, is one of the most culturally rich and diverse cities in the world).
Just make sure you end up somewhere downtown after 10:00 PM

Firefox rules
Old 05-28-2006, 09:21 PM   #55
Homer of Kittens

If I had the time to travel, I want to go to Japan first and foremost. I am intrigued by their culture, and the blend of western with eastern civilizations.
I also want to go on a tour of Europe, with Spain, France and Italy being my top 3 priorities. I also have a lot of friends from college who live in Germany so maybe I'll drop by and say hi.

Firefox rules
Old 05-29-2006, 06:58 PM   #56
Huz
Kersal Massive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mares
Croatia seems nice. Bosnia must've been a depressing note in your journey though.
Actually, I didn't find it particularly depressing. I only went to the capital (Sarajevo), and it's hard to describe how it felt. Although it was battered and scarred, there seemed to be a lot of optimism around and things were definitely getting back to normality.

As I said, it's hard to describe... I'd recommend that anyone who finds themselves vaguely in the area should take a detour and see it with their own eyes.
Old 05-30-2006, 06:17 AM   #57
female animal lover

Send a message via MSN to Panthera

I august I'm going to Tenerife, witch scares the shit out of me because I've never been further than London, and I was about six when we went.. With the skintype I have I probably have to try to get hold of "sunfactor 50" before we go..
Oh, and I'm going on a little weekendtrip to Skagen (Denmark) in the end of june with my family..

My sporadically updated blogs:
Animation enthusiast, Sci-fi enthusiast and Snark, pedantry and random geekery
Old 06-10-2006, 08:56 PM   #58

I know where I'll be going: Japan! I bought my ticket today. I'll be visiting my brother for about a week. I'll bring back pictures if I survive the return flight.
Old 06-16-2006, 04:02 AM   #59
Lazy Bee

New and fun plans for the summer!
My hubby will be working on Gotland one week in August and I, the children and Jaffa are going with him. Gotland is Sweden's largest island and it has a Hanseatic town called Visby where the old part is medieval.
Every year there's a medieval week there and it happens to be the week we're staying on the island. I've heard a lot about it and I'm really looking forward to it. Gotland also has great beaches and it looks like we'll be staying in a house by the sea. Yay!
Name:  hjalm.jpg
Views: 84
Size:  13.6 KB
Old 09-03-2006, 12:21 AM   #60
The Reggienator

Send a message via ICQ to Kolzig Send a message via MSN to Kolzig

I didn't go anywhere during the summer of 2006.
I had that long trip to UK just before the summer started and that was enough for this summer.
(And no pics ever uploaded anywhere about that, sorry.)

But I have some possible great plans for next year.
I already have a new short trip to UK planned for January with my dad and couple of his friends, I also have thought about going to Santiago de Compostela, Spain because my friend just went there for a year as an exchange student to study at a university. I'd really want to go there to visit him at some point. Also I have started imagining about going to Faroe Islands for three weeks as a part of my school's work experience period in January of 2007.
"The old standby, that never got old in the first place. We come back to them weekly, nightly, for hours at a time--and they always deliver. They are pure, timeless, and often taken for granted." - Nick Breckon - Shacknews

My gamesale list *updated 26.8.2007*
Hey, dear people please buy my games, I need money to conquer Europe! Or do something similar.