You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Misc. Chit Chat Place your favourite advert here thread!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-27-2006, 11:45 PM   #21

The SportKa ads are only mildly funny in my opinion - and the cat one is perfectly watchable as long as you keep in mind it's CGI
Old 02-28-2006, 02:25 AM   #22
Lazy Bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjacob
Oh man that is priceless, thanks! Peter Stormare ("Karl Hungus" from The Big Lebowski) saying "Oh snap!" Seriously, best. commercial. EVER.
I was surprised Peter Stormare did commercials. He is actually one of Ingmar Bergman´s favourit actors. And before he started his Hollywood career he almost only did really serious dramas on stage.
I find that commercial funny since my son likes to watch those Pimp my Ride shows. Then Un-pimp a car becomes really funny. (My sense of humour is odd)
Old 02-28-2006, 03:48 AM   #23
woof

Send a message via AIM to Karmillo Send a message via MSN to Karmillo

Quote:
Yeah the song is perfect for a commercial Isn't there a tv show or movie or something where the protagonist envisions stuff and that's show in anime style? Not quite it, but still the same idea. Can't put my finger on it though.
Huh, cant say ive ever heard of that. It sounds cool though, is it japanese or just using the anime style?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucien21
http://geektechnique.org/olderstuff/388

There were 2 SportKa adverts that caused a bit of a stir.

The Pidgeon one is hilarious. The cat one i'd advise not to watch if you like cats in any way.
I laughed at the cat one mostly cause i couldnt beleive they actulay done that The pigeon one though was just hilariouse
Old 02-28-2006, 05:50 AM   #24
Lazy Bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucien21
There were 2 SportKa adverts that caused a bit of a stir.

The Pidgeon one is hilarious. The cat one i'd advise not to watch if you like cats in any way.
Pidgeon- Yes, funny!
Cat - NOOOO
Old 02-28-2006, 08:30 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by LenaJ
I was surprised Peter Stormare did commercials. He is actually one of Ingmar Bergman´s favourit actors. And before he started his Hollywood career he almost only did really serious dramas on stage.
I find that commercial funny since my son likes to watch those Pimp my Ride shows. Then Un-pimp a car becomes really funny. (My sense of humour is odd)
Yeah he's a serious actor, but in Hollywood only seems to get really typecasted roles as german nihilists and such, too bad, but that's Hollywood for ya I liked to watch Pimp My Ride too, seen practically all of them, it's incredibly cheesy and over-the-top formulaic, but it still has its charm, and West Coast Customs (that's the company that pimps the cars) sometimes pulls off truly amazing stuff, even if the paintjobs and such seem a bit too much Nothing wrong with your sense of humour though, I literally laughed my ass off when I watch that (I'm still picking up the pieces ).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karmillo
Huh, cant say ive ever heard of that. It sounds cool though, is it japanese or just using the anime style?
I actually think it was western, distinctly remember the anime, and I *think* it was a movie, but then again if it was I think I'd remember Could all just be my imagination though, or some very odd dream I've had - would be awesome idea for a film when I finish Film School though, if it's never been done
Quote:
Pidgeon- Yes, funny!
Cat - NOOOO
Pigeon, not pidgeon I know Lucien spelled it wrong too - wouldn't want us to pick up bad spelling from each other Can't believe I'm saying this
Old 02-28-2006, 09:06 AM   #26
Life and times of...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider Crusoe
I like the "no helmets" part.

My favorite ads are the Nike football (soccer) ads. I'll find a link.

(Edit): For example: http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...=Nike+football
http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...=Nike+football
http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...=Nike+football
http://nikefootball.nike.com/nikefoo...en,0;jogatv,,0

Last edited by UPtimist; 02-28-2006 at 09:19 AM.
Old 02-28-2006, 10:11 AM   #27
Lazy Bee

Quote:
Pigeon, not pidgeon I know Lucien spelled it wrong too - wouldn't want us to pick up bad spelling from each other Can't believe I'm saying this
Aahhh, it´s OK I always poke on others who can not spell Swedish. And beeing a math and science teacher (when not on sick leave for 6 months ) I get payed for pointing out mistakes. (But I rather see it as helping 10-13 year old kids to do things the right way.)Spelling English isn´t my best skill though. And I hate using the dictionary more than necessary.
Old 02-28-2006, 10:26 AM   #28
Lazy Bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by UPtimist
My favorite ads are the Nike football (soccer) ads. I'll find a link.
I like those too. I wonder how much Nike had to pay to get all those famous football players to be in the same commercial?
Old 02-28-2006, 02:05 PM   #29
Under pressure.

I've always found the Centraal Beheer commercials very funny. (Centraal Beheer is an insurance company, headquartered in Apeldoorn, the town I'm from)

Anyway, here's one of their latest ones: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6418917389381626662&q=centraal+beheer

The video quality isn't very good, so I hope you actually see what happens at the end, and get the joke.

--Erwin
Old 02-28-2006, 03:42 PM   #30
woof

erm... I dont get it...is it supposed to be someone else has found it before them and are about to pull it away?

I remember a nike advert for running shoes i think it was....it was all black and weird stuff kept happening, like he would fall to the roof the have to crawl along a tunner and get the right way up n stuff like that...erm...

I also seeing one in canada that had David spade in it, it started out someone phoning in to complain and david spade teasing him only to have the guy walk through the door, then he says "Ooo im shaking in my yellow shirt" then some guy just walks past him wearing a yellow shirt ....though it doesnt really sound as good written down
Old 02-28-2006, 11:04 PM   #31

Quote:
Aahhh, it´s OK I always poke on others who can not spell Swedish. And being a math and science teacher (when not on sick leave for 6 months ) I get paid for pointing out mistakes. (But I rather see it as helping 10-13 year old kids to do things the right way.) Spelling English isn´t my best skill though. And I hate using the dictionary more than necessary.
Okay, in that case Heh, my Mom taught French for nearly 30 years too, and she really hated correcting spelling errors but recognised that it must be done, although she really wanted to teach children literature more than anything else, but the new School system (oddly named "The Second Phase", ominous sounding isn't it? ) didn't allow for that so she decided to quit at age 62 and devote herself to her poetry. I hate dictionaries too, but sometimes my curiosity just makes me spell check myself using online dictionaries such as thefreedictionary.com/word, so I guess I'm either anal or just curious
Old 02-28-2006, 11:33 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karmillo
erm... I dont get it...is it supposed to be someone else has found it before them and are about to pull it away?
No, from what I can tell they damaged it themselves by lowering the anchor onto it. I know, it's not the best one out there, but the whole collection of Centraal Beheer commercials is definately worth watching, especially the one where a kid goes for a joyride with his dad's car and eventually crashes into the rear of a car which turns out to be occupied by two of Netherland's most well-known attorneys, and one of them reaches for his neck as if he's gotten a whiplash Here's the link, it's not the best quality but it's the only one I could find. And here's a site where a lot of the Centraal Beheer commercials are. The "Paard" (horse) one is also pretty funny, as are "Balletje", "Rio", "Museum", "Overval" and "Zweefvliegen". Most are in English, except for "Overval" which is in French, but you'll get it mostly.
Old 03-01-2006, 03:38 AM   #33
Lazy Bee

jjacob
LOL
I hereby appoint you my personal spelling-nazi. No, I´m joking.
I definitely think curiousity is a very good quality. Keep it up!
Old 03-01-2006, 07:33 AM   #34
woof

Oh, just about every Irn-Bru advert