You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure What's your opinion of Telltale games, past and present?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-27-2012, 02:06 AM   #21

They were a shiny beacon of hope when they first started and I think they're just getting better.

I didn't particularly shine to their early offerings and still don't think they were able to recreate the quality of humour of the original Sam and Max game. However, Tales of Monkey Island and Back to the Future are definitely their finest work to date. I look forward to The Waking Dead and then, the big one, King's Quest with giddy anticipation.
Old 03-27-2012, 12:06 PM   #22

un-inspiring would be my one-word opinion.

dont need to add to that, i include their whole catalog in there. (i have tried the first ep of everyone ones of their series minus the one after back to the future.)
Old 03-27-2012, 01:36 PM   #23
Dreamfall Soon!

There are many games that I loved that Telltale has put out but I do have some trepidations with the direction they are going.

I LOVED Sam & Max Seasons 1 and 2. I must admit that I have played all the epsiodes from these seasons many times. Season 3 was good as well but I didn't feel the same spirit as the first two seasons. Still a top notch set of games IMO though.

I also really enjoyed TOMI. It was not as good as the original Monkey Island games but I still had great fun with them.

Wallace & Gromit was on ok series. Some fun bits but kind of boring to me at times.

The first few CSI games that Telltale put out were a lot of fun (I'm a big fan of the TV series) but the quality of the games has really gone downhill. The last one was not that enjoyable. The episodes were much shorter and the gameplay was not great.

Back to the Future was fun because of the franchise and the actors. The story line was not too shabby either. I didn't find the gameplay as challenging as I would like it to be though.

Then we get to Jurassic Park. Great concept and could have been a good game, I think, but the execution was so poor that it ruined the whole series for me. I have nothing against QTE but Jurassic Park did not do it well and that was disappointing. I did enjoy the death scenes though.

I'm intrigued by The Walking Dead game and the preview video looked like it will be better than Jurassic Park...here's hoping.

I do appreciate Telltale trying new things and keeping the Adventure genre alive. I know not everyone likes them but I enjoy their games more often than not and will continue to buy from them unless they keep churning out subpar gameplay like Jurassic Park.