You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure The I LOVE THE LAST EXPRESS Thread (Spoilers)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-03-2007, 01:12 AM   #21

Haha the dancing scene with Schmidt was indeed very funny. The way he drunkenly collapses into his chair is hilarious!

My best friend is coming over today to play for the first time WOOP!
Old 07-03-2007, 01:26 AM   #22
Doctor Watson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firebird View Post
Did anyone notice that sophie and her friend were secretly lovers? It was revealed in her diary...
I happened to eavesdrop them a lot, and Sophie's lover's (can't remember her name) jealosy about all the other girls in Sophie's life (...or something like that, it'sa long time since I played it and truth to be told, I didn't quite finish it) was something that made me figure it out quite early.
Old 07-03-2007, 06:51 AM   #23
Doctor Watson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firebird View Post
I couldn't reccommend it more Egen, it can occasionally be found on ebay but its so damn rare!
Attention, The Last Express Fans, and those who'd still like to play it:

The Last Express can be bought on Game Tap!

Thank you.

Last edited by Dale Baldwin; 07-03-2007 at 09:15 AM. Reason: fixed link
Old 07-03-2007, 09:08 AM   #24
Schättenjager

Nowadays kids playing da broken sword 4 secret of arc etc. consider how lucky we were playing adventures like that 10 years ago.
Old 07-22-2007, 09:10 AM   #25

Default The Last Express

After a couple of years once again i turned on this unique adventure ready to make justice and finish it off this time.. Just how misterious the game is, mistery is also a series of events that led eventually to no marketing at all for this game.
Although the Serbs were depicted as the main villains in the game i havent felt animosity towards my people, its just a story, and after all Cath called serbian leader a "friend". Also, serbian dialogs were great done and hillarious like - "he killed an engineer, he killed an engineer" by fireman.
I am glad that it got great reviews and that for this day we speak of this game as one of the most innovative adventure game of all time and i m glad its in the top 20 here.
I think that every adventure player must try this master piece. Maybe its name - "The Last Express" and events that followed methaphorically indicated the end of one golden era of adventure games, but in the same time i think that it showed once again how wide and rich adventure genre is, and whatever happens, it will survive.
Too bad the Mechner is not working on the sequel.. but who knows, maybe something similiar will come out
Old 08-23-2007, 12:14 PM   #26

this is also my favorite game. 2 things:

1)if cath blows the whistle in front of the conductors he will be scolded by them. try it, its fun!

2)kronos has a private train, which is how he caught up with TLE. at the end you can see his blue carriage latched onto a train. so its not really implausible at all that he could have caught them.

3)you cant get into the eunuchs compartment.

4)no mention of august's nudie pictures??

lots of other hidden gems, like trying to exchange the firebird for the guns with august (he makes an anti-semetic crack) & many more.

edit - guess that turned into 4 things
Old 08-23-2007, 01:08 PM   #27
Super Moderator

Welcome to the forums lastexpress.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lastexpress
this is also my favorite game. 2 things:

<snip>

edit - guess that turned into 4 things
It's sort of like the Monty Python Spanish Inquisition sketch.