You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure PC Gamer US: Sam & Max 2 a "Top 10 Game of 2004"

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-15-2004, 11:38 PM   #21

BTW, S&M2 was on the list of the 20 most anticapated games in 2004 in Norways biggest newspaper, too.
Just some random trivia for you, there.
Old 01-16-2004, 01:12 AM   #22
A search for a crazy man!

Send a message via ICQ to remixor Send a message via AIM to remixor Send a message via MSN to remixor

My friend gets a PC Gamer subscription and when I saw this article at his house the other day, I couldn't believe it. He too is an old-time adventure fan. It's a good thing this game is getting press, because it'll need it. I'm fairly confident that if LEC does a good job this game will have large-scale appeal--much moreso than most modern adventures--but it's going to need some good marketing and press to ensure that people actually buy it in the first place.

Some sort of Writer or Editor or Something, Idle Thumbs

"Some comparisons are a little less obvious. I always think of Grim Fandango as Casablanca on acid." - Will Wright
Old 01-16-2004, 01:19 AM   #23
ACK!

Send a message via MSN to Tanukitsune

EEP! :eek:
I don't know if I should be happy or scared stiff, this is way off the scale in the Hypo-meter!
This game will be either the best game ever or the Daitakana of adventure games...
Old 01-16-2004, 02:00 AM   #24
(Va-yoosh)

Come on There's Steve Purcell, Michael Stemmle, And Bill&Nick as Sam&Max again working on the game so I'm more than optimistic that it'll be a racket hit! And the idea of downloadable cases is brilliant. And as far as I am concerned such missions in other games/genres are usually free...

And I can confirm that in Poland Freeelance Police is also gaining mainstream recognition. Biggest Polish computer games magazine CD-Action has chosen S&M among 50 of the most promising titles of 2004. There was no ranking or anything, just some notes - to paraphrase: even though they don't know nothing about this game yet they are really anticipating it.
Old 01-16-2004, 02:25 AM   #25
ACK!

Send a message via MSN to Tanukitsune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wajus
Come on There's Steve Purcell, Michael Stemmle, And Bill&Nick as Sam&Max again working on the game so I'm more than optimistic that it'll be a racket hit! And the idea of downloadable cases is brilliant. And as far as I am concerned such missions in other games/genres are usually free...

And I can confirm that in Poland Freeelance Police is also gaining mainstream recognition. Biggest Polish computer games magazine CD-Action has chosen S&M among 50 of the most promising titles of 2004. There was no ranking or anything, just some notes - to paraphrase: even though they don't know nothing about this game yet they are really anticipating it.
That's EXACTLY the problem! It sounds too good to be true!!
Old 01-16-2004, 11:11 PM   #26

People said that about Peter Jackson, too...
Old 01-17-2004, 03:31 AM   #27
Helooooo Bessie!

Send a message via MSN to dave_minall

S&M2 looks very good indeed . this is just the kick that point and click games need to be pushed into the new millennium. who knows? it may catch on and Monkey island 5 may (if it is made) be a point and click. HAZAA
Pirate: A beard?!?
Old 01-17-2004, 04:06 AM   #28

I still wonder why there's almost none in-game footage or screenshots, maybe they are trying an half-life 2 effect with a huge video comming out that will weeks to recover from the jaw-dropping effect, or maybe they will cancel it like Full Throtle2 (Bur really don't belive in this one)

Just one more info: here in Portugal it's in the top10 of the most anticipated of 2004 in the major magazine.
Old 01-17-2004, 07:25 AM   #29
Under pressure.

Hmm, the game seems to be getting a lot of attention in Dutch magazines too, this week. And all very positive of course.

--Erwin
Old 01-17-2004, 07:38 AM   #30
Puts the 'e' in Mark

Which Dutch magazines?!?! Must. Go. Get.
Old 01-17-2004, 07:58 AM   #31
Banned User

Now let's all hope no one gets carried away and leads the furry pals into the hell of extensive merchandising.

I hate Garfield.
Old 01-17-2004, 08:08 AM   #32
comfortably numb

"And here's a cuddly, officially-licensed toy of me to stick in a car window! Isn't it cute? Look-- it's wearing the skin of a Garfield doll."
Old 01-17-2004, 11:53 AM   #33

I am REALLY happy that they changed some facial problems in the main Characters. like the white things in their eyes, and Max's teeth are not sharp as in the first trailer.

CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THE OFFICIAL WEBSITE!!!
Old 01-19-2004, 05:51 PM   #34

are the backgrounds cg? or polygonal like in bs3
Old 01-19-2004, 05:55 PM   #35
A search for a crazy man!

Send a message via ICQ to remixor Send a message via AIM to remixor Send a message via MSN to remixor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeddlingMonk
People said that about Peter Jackson, too...
I still say that about Peter Jackson. I mean, the guy made Braindead!

Some sort of Writer or Editor or Something, Idle Thumbs

"Some comparisons are a little less obvious. I always think of Grim Fandango as Casablanca on acid." - Will Wright