Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Chit Chat (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/chit-chat/)
-   -   Adventure Gamers' forum members get-together in Amsterdam! (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/chit-chat/25615-adventure-gamers-forum-members-get-together-amsterdam.html)

stepurhan 04-08-2010 02:22 AM

I knew there was an ulterior motive for bringing the wheelchair. :P

Jelena 04-08-2010 02:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsa (Post 544847)
And I'll ask every beautiful girl that passes by to sit on my lap.

Hey, there won't be any room left. Remember Maruca, Jaz, Luna and I will sit there. :P

tsa 04-08-2010 03:29 AM

Poor step. He has to carry all that. And I thought you were carrying me, Jelena? The picture gets complicated and painful for my poor knees!

Luna Sevithiainen 04-08-2010 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsa (Post 544860)
...and painful for my poor knees!

That's what you get with so many people sitting on your lap :P

Jelena 04-08-2010 08:46 AM

I'm about to pack my bag and from looking at a long range forecast it'll be 8-12 C and no rain.
Oh, all these difficult decisions in life.... ;)

Luna Sevithiainen 04-08-2010 09:31 AM

It is called the Dutch weather :P

To those who travel to Amsterdam tomorrow: have a safe trip, and see you soon!

bulldog 04-08-2010 11:38 AM

Everyone traveling to Amsterdam tomorrow............... PLEASE be careful and have a great time, enjoy each others company and take lots of pictures.

:D :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D :D:D:D

tsa 04-08-2010 09:56 PM

Hi all! We are supposed to run off to the boat after we meet at 12:00 on the station, but I can imagine some people will be a bit peckish then. So I devised a Plan B, which basically involves giving Luna the title 'Amsterdam know-it-all.' :D She will then guide us to a nice establishment where we can have a small lunch (remember we have dinner at 16:30 tomorrow).

Luna Sevithiainen 04-08-2010 11:13 PM

Whaaat? But but but...I don't know anything about places to lunch properly in Amsterdam :S Poor student like me only knows where to get a quick snack at the station :P

But...if we have to run off to the boat at 12.00, when do we have time to eat lunch then?

Jelena 04-08-2010 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luna Sevithiainen (Post 544952)
Whaaat? But but but...I don't know anything about places to lunch properly in Amsterdam :S Poor student like me only knows where to get a quick snack at the station :P

But...if we have to run off to the boat at 12.00, when do we have time to eat lunch then?

Why not just grab something like a quick snack somewhere and find a nice place outside. I know I won't be all that hungry since we'll be having a sturdy breakfast at the hotel.

Btw, I just got a call from Step. He was in Brussels waiting for the train for Amsterdam. He's been travelling since dawn. I feel very lucky to have the airport just a 15 minute drive away.

Jazhara7 04-08-2010 11:55 PM

I haven't even left the house yet. And won't be for another 20 minutes either. :crazy:

- :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Luna Sevithiainen 04-09-2010 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jelena (Post 544953)
Why not just grab something like a quick snack somewhere and find a nice place outside.

I second this. Especially because lunching somewhere tends to take so long. And there are enough places to get sandwiches and snacks at the station.

Wow...poor Step, he is really dedicated :P

I'm packing my bags as well now. I just pay a quick visit to my internship today (there is a course in the trainee room, so we have to work at home in the morning) and leave pretty soon again to attend the wedding reception of a friend of me back home at the other end of the Netherlands. After which I will stay there with my parents. Which is closer to Amsterdam, so I am lucky :P

Hammerite 04-09-2010 04:51 AM

I'm kind of excited even though I'm not there.

Denaron 04-09-2010 05:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammerite (Post 544967)

Wow. I was going to write the same thing! Hehehe. :):D

tsa 04-09-2010 07:28 AM

Maruca and I are at my parents' place already. We leave tomorrow with the 11:08 train to be the first at the meeting point.

Sage 04-09-2010 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammerite (Post 544967)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Denaron (Post 544971)
Wow. I was going to write the same thing! Hehehe. :):D

Me too! Had my attendance been possible, I'd be bringing home the "Furthest Traveled" award! :frusty:

tsa 04-09-2010 08:55 AM

Step and Jazz have arrived safely. I think I hear the plane that carries Jelena at al. above my house now.

stepurhan 04-09-2010 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luna Sevithiainen (Post 544955)
Wow...poor Step, he is really dedicated :P

That's me. Mr Dedicated. I left my house at 5:00am today. :crazy:

In Amsterdam now by the way.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sage (Post 544983)
Me too! Had my attendance been possible, I'd be bringing home the "Furthest Traveled" award! :frusty:

It's a shame you can't make it. I'd love to meet you and you could have been reunited with THE T-SHIRT. (which I have packed)
Quote:

Originally Posted by tsa (Post 545000)
Step and Jazz have arrived safely. I think I hear the plane that carries Jelena at al. above my house now.

Are you sure? You thought you heard the sound of my plane earlier and I didn't travel by plane. :P

Jelena and entourage sighted safely arriving at Amsterdam hotel. See you tomorrow.

Fantasysci5 04-09-2010 11:13 AM

Aww, have fun guys! I so wish I was there! And if I could have gone (highly doubtful), then I'd be tied with Sage for longest travel!

bulldog 04-09-2010 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sage (Post 544983)

me too :frown: I would LOVE to meet you all :) Maybe another time :)