Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Chit Chat (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/chit-chat/)
-   -   Adventure Gamers' forum members get-together in Amsterdam! (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/chit-chat/25615-adventure-gamers-forum-members-get-together-amsterdam.html)

RLacey 10-11-2009 01:08 PM

Hmm...

Much as I'm tempted by the idea, I have a feeling that university degree number two is going to get in the way. Even if the meet-up is technically during the holiday...

tsa 10-11-2009 03:10 PM

But Rob, you can always get your University degree later in life. Meeting your fellow AG-ers is a once in a lifetime experience. So what is more important? ;)
But seriously, it would be grate if you could make it! Please register to this thread so I can keep bugging you! :)

Maruca 10-23-2009 11:04 AM

i am there

i am so there! And if there is anything I can help there organization wise (I can come earlier) you tell me Tsa.

Can't wait to meet you all and will try to be more active on here :)

Erwin_Br 10-31-2009 03:14 AM

I will try to be there as well. :)

Hammerite 11-01-2009 02:27 AM

Sorry - I'd love to participate but, alas, tis impossible.

Jelena 11-01-2009 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammerite (Post 527787)
Sorry - I'd love to participate but, alas, tis impossible.

Why? :frown:
If your parents say you can't go, tell them you have a forum mum who'll take care of you. ;)

tsa 11-01-2009 09:47 AM

Or is Amsterdam too far from Over there?

Hammerite 11-01-2009 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jelena (Post 527809)
Why? :frown:
If your parents say you can't go, tell them you have a forum mum who'll take care of you. ;)

I need my money for rent, bills and food.
Plus my education!!

Maquisard 11-01-2009 12:58 PM

Edumakayshun sure's 'mportan', mhm.

RLacey 11-02-2009 05:16 AM

^ What he said.

tsa 11-10-2009 07:11 AM

Hi all!

So, we set the date at April 10, 2010, and we have the following people who will surely come to Amsterdam:
Jelena
Tsa
Stepurhan
Luna with the difficult name
Maruca
People who want to come but are not sure if they can yet:
Andrea
Erwin_br
RLacey
Significant others and family are of course also welcome! The list of people who (want to) come is still quite short, so PM your fellow AG forum friends about this please.

geggis 11-10-2009 09:03 AM

I'd like to come but I'm not really sure whether money and time will permit with our house mercilessly sucking both in at the moment!! I haven't been to Amsterdam since art college so it'd be nice to see it with fresh eyes and of course to meet some of you despite being relatively new to the forums.

I'll let you know if we can make it!

Jelena 11-10-2009 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by geggis (Post 528607)
I'd like to come but I'm not really sure whether money and time will permit with our house mercilessly sucking both in at the moment!! I haven't been to Amsterdam since art college so it'd be nice to see it with fresh eyes and of course to meet some of you despite being relatively new to the forums.

I'll let you know if we can make it!

It would be so much fun to meet you. Bring the wife! :)

Luna Sevithiainen 11-10-2009 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsa (Post 528596)
Hi all!
(...)
Luna with the difficult name
(...)

Sorry for the off-topic, but this made me giggle :P Especially given that I get that comment with my real last name as well (that, and people complaining that it is so long :P)

tsa 11-10-2009 12:01 PM

You make me curious Luna! What is your real last name? :P

Luna Sevithiainen 11-10-2009 03:38 PM

Haha :P
I prefer not to post any possible link between my real name and my nickname on a forum open to the whole internet (yes, I am paranoid like that, but the first link google returns is my facebook account :P), so I'll PM you about that.

cristane 11-10-2009 03:47 PM

If my budget will be in good health, I'll either come to Amsterdam for the fantastic film festival (which starts April 14th), or go to the Brussels fantastic film festival (from April 8th - 20th), so there's a good chance I'll be in the neighborhood for the meeting. Heck, if I'll be in Amsterdam for the whole festival, hopefully I'll hang out with the forum locals more than once :)

Giligan 11-10-2009 09:03 PM

Me needs teh subsidies!

So unfortunately, I'll be stuck in this continent at the time. alas.

UPtimist 11-11-2009 05:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luna Sevithiainen (Post 528615)
Sorry for the off-topic, but this made me giggle :P Especially given that I get that comment with my real last name as well (that, and people complaining that it is so long :P)

To me the name's odd only because the end is a Finnish last-name ending. Like Mäkinen or Virtanen. And actually it's not just the "nen" part but the whole "ainen". For example Tiainen (a name, but also means 'tit' or 'titmouse' as in the bird, not the body part...). And for example 'breakfast' in Finnish is 'aamiainen'...

I guess that's also part of the reason I've never had trouble remembering the name...

Luna Sevithiainen 11-12-2009 06:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UPtimist (Post 528727)
To me the name's odd only because the end is a Finnish last-name ending. Like Mäkinen or Virtanen. And actually it's not just the "nen" part but the whole "ainen". For example Tiainen (a name, but also means 'tit' or 'titmouse' as in the bird, not the body part...). And for example 'breakfast' in Finnish is 'aamiainen'...

I guess that's also part of the reason I've never had trouble remembering the name...

You know, I actually created that name my goal was to make it sound like a Finnish last name. I was at that time in a 'I want to learn Finnish because the language rocks'-period of my life (never found time for that though...). I once created a protagonist named Sevithiah, and decided to try to make that sound like a Finnish last name :P (I hope it doesn't mean anything odd in Finnish :P)