Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Chit Chat (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/chit-chat/)
-   -   Adventure Gamers' forum members get-together in Amsterdam! (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/chit-chat/25615-adventure-gamers-forum-members-get-together-amsterdam.html)

Fantasysci5 04-09-2010 11:25 AM

Like at my wedding! ;)

Lucien21 04-09-2010 11:34 AM

Only if there are cute bridesmaids :)

Sage 04-09-2010 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fantasysci5 (Post 545017)
And if I could have gone (highly doubtful), then I'd be tied with Sage for longest travel!

Nope, you'd have won since Missouri is a couple hundred miles further West than Alabama. :)

Luna Sevithiainen 04-09-2010 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsa (Post 544979)
Maruca and I are at my parents' place already. We leave tomorrow with the 11:08 train to be the first at the meeting point.

Are you sure you will be first? :P
My train leaves at 10.27, and should be in Amsterdam about 11.30-ish (but that is because Dutch trains are never without delay, so taking a train later would result in me being late :P)

tsa 04-09-2010 09:16 PM

Please Luna, give the NS some credit. Most of the times the trains are perfectly on time. Our train arrives at 11:24 at platform 13b (we take the train of 11:00, not 11:08, from Naarden-Bussum). What about yours?

tsa 04-09-2010 09:21 PM

Oh and about the quick snack: I think that's a good idea. I will take bread from home with me because it seems the concepts of 'quick snack' and 'salt-free' are mutually exclusive.

UPtimist 04-10-2010 01:12 AM

Live feed! Live feed!

Ooh, someone get a head-wearable webcam!

Hammerite 04-10-2010 02:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucien21 (Post 545022)
Only if there are cute bridesmaids :)

Cute bridesmaids who are interested in shy nerdy guys, please. :9~

Jazhara7 04-10-2010 01:51 PM

I just arrived home, and after some stress (due to my uncle being a bit overprotective and calling me at least 5 times in a time range of 1 hour, to tell me things *I ALREADY KNOW* and better than he does too >_<), I can finally settle down in my comfy bed.

It was a great time. Everyone was very nice, and I hope we can have a get-together like this again some time in the future. ^^

- :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Fantasysci5 04-10-2010 06:07 PM

Oooh, tell us everything!

tsa 04-10-2010 07:53 PM

Yawn... I just woke up. It's 5:46 AM. At 6:30 I have to bring Maruca to the station. Waking up so early after a great and tiresome get-together is a bit hard, but I will manage. We all had a great day yesterday. Pictures and stories will of course follow soon! I have to get out of bed now... yawn.

Jatsie 04-10-2010 08:00 PM

Poor TSA, it's only 5am here, and I haven't gone to bed yet! xD

I want to know more about your meet-up though!

stepurhan 04-10-2010 09:36 PM

Lovely sunny day here in Amsterdam again. (Stayed over after the meet as well as before). A great day with good weather and lots of laughs. Travelling back today and will post arrival home and some preliminary pictures then.

Oh, and before the stories start, there is no truth to the rumour that I tried to push tsa down a flight of stairs. There was a good two or three inches spare when I brought him to a stop. :D

EDIT Happy Birthday to Luna Sevithiainen by the way. If we'd known yesterday we could have had a birthday party.

tsa 04-11-2010 03:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stepurhan (Post 545189)
Oh, and before the stories start, there is no truth to the rumour that I tried to push tsa down a flight of stairs. There was a good two or three inches spare when I brought him to a stop. :D

He did, however, almost leave me in the middle of a street while a bus was thundering towards me! Luckily he got me on the pavement just in time :).

Maruca 04-11-2010 04:55 AM

Yeah there were some close calls...

Thanks to Tsa's sacrifice I was home at 2.30 PM. The flight was very turbulence poor all though we were told there was a trainee plus instructor flying and I met a nice (and cute) girl who invited me to Lucerne...

Weird hearing the natives complain in my own language again but nice to be home none the less.

Thanks Tsa for a fantastic vacation and you lot for the great Reunion. I had a splendid time. Also thanks for the nice gifts and the wonderful poetry (got it all on camera Step muahaha).

All good thing is 3 as we say, so this is the 3rd place I lay down my best wishes to Luna, Happy Birthday my dear!!!

Jazhara7 04-11-2010 05:18 AM

Heeeey, Maruca! You forgot to stop the plane and drop by! ;)

- :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Maruca 04-11-2010 05:37 AM

I know, terrible... but the pilot was a trainee I couldn't have him do manoevers for me... Next time I promise :-)

Jelena 04-11-2010 09:34 AM

Our flight back home was on time. I slept almost throughout the two hours it takes to get from Eindhoven to Stockholm/Skavsta.

I agree we had a great get together with lots of laughing, joking and chatting. (Apparently we chatted too much during the canalboat tour. ;) )
We must do it again some time in the future.
Thank you tsa for organizing everything so well.

The dinner, an Indonesian rijsttafel was delicious! It even contained El Pollo Diablo! :D

I too promise pictures. But that'll be tomorrow. Now I'll go make a sandwitch with Dutch cheese on it.:9~

Jelena 04-11-2010 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsa (Post 545211)
He did, however, almost leave me in the middle of a street while a bus was thundering towards me! Luckily he got me on the pavement just in time :).

:D tsa was living dangerously in that wheelchair! The traffic around the central station and that bus area was crazy: trams, cars, buses, bikes and people!
I took over pushing tsa when we were on the quay when leaving the canal boat. But I can't say I was any better than Step. I kept driving into Mr J or my daughter.

stepurhan 04-11-2010 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsa (Post 545211)

I'm not sure that's entirely correct either.
Spoiler:
Wasn't it more like the edge of a street I almost got you run over by a bus, not the middle? :P

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jelena (Post 545246)
I took over pushing tsa when we were on the quay when leaving the canal boat. But I can't say I was any better than Step. I kept driving into Mr J or my daughter.

Oh, yeah, Jelena was WAY more dangerous than me. Concentrate on Jelena's driving. :devil:

Back safely at home with Mrs Urhan (and the feline Urhan). Uploaded a couple of pictures to get things going. Will hopefully post more tomorrow.

The group (from left to right) Jazhara7, Luna Sevithiainen, Maruca, stepurhan, tsa (sitting), Jelena junior (standing), Jelena.
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a3...4-10/Group.jpg

Hmmm. That's only seven out of eight. We must be missing the cool cameraman (with his casual pose and sunglasses) Mr Jelena.
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a3...olChrister.jpg

EDIT. Almost forgot. We had a late joiner, bemused by us but friendly. Luna's other half.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a3...-10/LunaGF.jpg