Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Chit Chat (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/chit-chat/)
-   -   Adventure Gamers' forum members get-together in Amsterdam! (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/chit-chat/25615-adventure-gamers-forum-members-get-together-amsterdam.html)

Fantasysci5 04-11-2010 10:44 AM

Mr. Jelena looks so bad-ass, but not as much as you in your tie-dyed shirt, Step!! lol

And it's great to see you all together! I love the nametags. ;) Jelena-what does your daughter think of you being on an adventure gaming website and meeting in person?

stepurhan 04-11-2010 10:47 AM

Don't I look bad-ass? :frown:

Added one more picture while you were posting. Close-up of a name-tag to follow (I have one if no-one else posts one)

Fantasysci5 04-11-2010 10:48 AM

And while you were editing your post, I was editing mine. ;) I said you were bad ass!

Aww, Jaz looks like she's standing away from the crazy group!

stepurhan 04-11-2010 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fantasysci5 (Post 545251)
Aww, Jaz looks like she's standing away from the crazy group!

I've always thought Jaz was a smart cookie. ;)

Fantasysci5 04-11-2010 10:54 AM

Would it seem weird if I started complimenting everyone? lol

Jelena looks like one cool mom. I really do love your smile Step, and Luna's. She looks like Mr. Jelena is making a funny facy behind the camera. Tsa looks dashing, even in a wheelchair, and Jaz just looks too cool for school. ;)

Jazhara7 04-11-2010 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stepurhan (Post 545253)
I've always thought Jaz was a smart cookie. ;)

Heh, I actually just didn't want to accidentally push someone over with my backpack, so I stood a little to the side. ^^

- :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

tsa 04-11-2010 11:24 AM

Thanks Step, for the excellent pictures! I will post pictures when I'm home in Enschede, which will be some time tomorrow.

bulldog 04-11-2010 12:48 PM

I love the pictures....... The close up of the name tags would be great :) I know most everyone but there was a few faces that I dont know.

Jelena and Jaz- Pretty as always....... Jaz I love the dress :D

Jelena- Mr. Jelena is very handsome..... :9

Step and tsa- *sigh* handsome as always........ I just wish that I could have been there :D

Luna Sevithiainen 04-11-2010 01:01 PM

Hey guys! I'm glad you all got home well :)

The get-together was great! It was even more fun than I had hoped it would be. You guys are great to hang out with. Yay for being with a bunch of people that are weird like me :P (when I told me girlfriend to save her game she didn't even do it. We did it all the time, what with all those timed and action sequences :P)

We have been good. :P We didn't burn down Amsterdam, we didn't take everything from Amsterdam, and we weren't arrested put into the lunatic asylum, so not bad huh? :P

Okay, so I did kind of run tsa into Jaz, and it surprises me he never got seasick with me pushing, but hey, I don't have a driver's license for pushing wheelchairs :P

Thanks for the pictures Step! I look a bit weird on that one, but that must be because I am inherently weird hihi :P

I think I'll post my pictures tuesday I think. Now is a bit late, and tomorrow I am not at home, so you got some to look forward to :P

Thanks for the great time, guys! We should really do this again!

Elvira 04-11-2010 01:07 PM

Ooh, I see me :P didn't know I looked that weird though :P (but maybe that just shows I'm Luna's other half? :D)

It was nice to meet some more weirdo's :D maybe I'll start following this forum too, I should definitely play more adventure games :)

Luna: Sorry for not saving the game, I had some trouble finding the save button in real life :P

tsa 04-11-2010 01:58 PM

Welcome to the forums Ellvira! Let's hope you stick around ;). Didn't you take your save button with you when you went to Amsterdam?

Luna Sevithiainen 04-11-2010 02:03 PM

Welcome, my other half! Hope you'll like it here as much as I do :)

(and yes, you really should play more adventure games!)

By the way, Jelena, gotta love your tea! Carrying it in my bag caused the bag and everything it included (neuroscience papers, camera, and my birthday presents I put in today) to smell lovely! :D Can't wait to taste it!

Hammerite 04-11-2010 02:17 PM

Nice picters.
Would've been cool to have been there; I may post a picture of myself soon so you can all vomit violently.

Edit: Oh, and hello Elvira! Hope we don't warp you too much!

Denaron 04-11-2010 02:18 PM

Excellent pictures indeed, everyone looks so good!

I will start saving money (and practicing harder my english :P) for the next get-together, since it's very unlikely it will be settled in south america. :D

Welcome Elvira!! and enjoy your stay! :)

Fantasysci5 04-11-2010 02:37 PM

Welcome Elvira! :D It's great to have you on the forums! But Luna, now you can't talk about her in the AG Community Blog, like I do with Louie!!! ;). I'm just kidding with you. I've heard only good things about you!

Trunkyo 04-11-2010 02:59 PM

Very nice pics so far! I can practically feel the gezelligheid! Jazzie must be carrying quite the inventory on her back! :D (Ladder? Screwdriver? Grappling hook? Rubber chicken with pulley?)

Fantasysci5 04-11-2010 07:41 PM

So, I must ask; was it awkward at first, like saying hello and finding things to talk about?

tsa 04-11-2010 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trunkyo (Post 545303)
Very nice pics so far! I can practically feel the gezelligheid! Jazzie must be carrying quite the inventory on her back! :D (Ladder? Screwdriver? Grappling hook? Rubber chicken with pulley?)

She was carrying an armadillo, and a snake, amongst other things :).

Luna Sevithiainen 04-11-2010 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fantasysci5 (Post 545295)
But Luna, now you can't talk about her in the AG Community Blog, like I do with Louie!!! ;).

Drat, I never thought of that :( :P

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fantasysci5 (Post 545327)
So, I must ask; was it awkward at first, like saying hello and finding things to talk about?

That was something I was afraid of (me being shy and all that), but the moment we met it just clicked and there were many things to talk about :)

UPtimist 04-12-2010 01:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elvira (Post 545277)
Luna: Sorry for not saving the game, I had some trouble finding the save button in real life :P

F5 for quicksave. Just bring one along.

(Or a gaamsaav crystal (it was a crystal, right?) but those might be a bit hard to find, especially on Earth)
Spoiler:
Anyone know what I'm talking about there?

Also, good thing Hammy wasn't there, judging by his recent posts, he probably wouldn't have given "Lena Jr." one moment of peace.

Also, anyone have a transcript ready of what you were doing? I'm sure you had a travel stenographer with you (the travel stenographer at 1:29, though you should just watch the whole thing).

Is a little summary possible? (You know, of what happened)