Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   General (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/general/)
-   -   Game you're playing. How far you are. (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/general/14062-game-youre-playing-how-far-you.html)

Denaron 04-24-2010 09:41 AM

I'm also playing The elder scrolls IV: Game of the Year edition (Oblivion + Shivering Isles + Knights of the nine)

It's my second playthrough and I've created an archer this time. I'm just exploring the HUGE province of cyrodiil and eventualy doing some side quests.

Jelena 04-25-2010 09:20 AM

I'm trying to open the safe in Dark Fall Lost Souls, but it seems the code I've found isn't the correct one.

booB 04-25-2010 09:45 AM

Mass Effect crashes every five minutes when I'm playing it. Based on my web searching, it appears to have a lot of issues with Win XP. So, as much as I hate doing so, I'll have to put that game on ice indefinitely.

Started Tomb Raider: Underworld. Fun game, incredible environments, but the camera sucks so much that it makes me nauseous, just like Anniversary did. I didn't finish Anniversary. Don't know how much of Underworld I will end up playing, or if I will even bother buying TR games from now on.

HaroldO 04-25-2010 12:42 PM

I'm playing Kingdom Hearts II *dodges from the rocks*
It's the second and last time I'm playing this, so this time I'm trying complete Jiminy's Journal which roughly equals an 100% complete game. I'm about 54 hours in and guess ten more hours will be enough for that. I'm already level 84 and completed most of the missions.

Also I'm doing sidequests on Chrono Trigger before I go to face the final boss and playing Lumines ocasionally.

Jehane 04-25-2010 04:23 PM

Sherlock Holmes vs. Arsène Lupin. Finished chapter 1 in the National Gallery and am now exploring the Tower of London. Fun game so far but I had to decrease both mouse and camera sensitivity in order to avoid motion sickness.

booB 04-25-2010 07:49 PM

Syberia -- FINALLY!!!!!

I just finished the first area. I can see why FS5 didn't like this game too well... it's a lot like The Longest Journey, gameplay-wise, but it doesn't really seem to have any "personality" to it. There's no cynicism, and very little entertaining dialogue -- and what there is comes from the automaton that drives the train, who, even though he's a robot, makes the main character seem like a Stepford Wife by comparison. Maybe this is a metaphor for the mechanical, automated word in which the story takes place, but I doubt it; it's more likely a result of poor writing and voice acting. Fortunately, I enjoy the gameplay and plot enough for them to overshadow the obvious negatives (lack of dialogue depth and character interaction). Plus, the environments are pretty and well-designed. I'm looking forward to see where this game goes, plot-wise.

RxBandits123 04-28-2010 07:28 PM

I agree booB, I really enjoy character interaction in my adventure games or any games in general and Syberia and Myst have very little of that. Not to say they aren't good games because of that but that is one reason why i've had trouble getting really into them.

Burns11 04-28-2010 08:26 PM

Borderlands - I'm about a dozen levels in and I am bored to tears. The gameplay is good enough, the Diablo-esque is sufficient if not a bit overwhelming, but the complete lack of a plot is just too much. I can only do so many vanilla fetch quests without something to compel me to do more.

Crunchy in milk 04-28-2010 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Burns11 (Post 547382)
Borderlands - I'm about a dozen levels in and I am bored to tears. The gameplay is good enough, the Diablo-esque is sufficient if not a bit overwhelming, but the complete lack of a plot is just too much. I can only do so many vanilla fetch quests without something to compel me to do more.

I agree. I really liked the look of the game, the different characters had potential and the random weapon statistics cribbed from diablo and stuck on your toys adds a bit of fun. The story and quests though, they're just awful and the NPC delivery and interaction is nonexistent. Why do I wan't to do your quest again?

The end boss is a complete slap in the face just to top all this off (sorry). If you're just sticking with it to see the end (like I did), lower your lowest expectations a little more. Lower.

Nothing gets tied up, nothing gets explained and you get nothing for your efforts. Roll credits and repeat.

I sure hope Rage delivers what I'd hoped to get from Borderlands.

Burns11 04-29-2010 06:13 AM

It really feels like a bad MMO, you are just there to grind levels and collect gear so you can grind more levels. I'm sure if I was a bigger online guy, that it would have more charm, but as a single player experience it leaves A LOT to be desired. Now there are little bits of humor sprinkled here and there, I appreciated that the gun that Nine Toes dropped had a note saying not to drop it or you might lose a toe, it's just unfortunate they didn't take the time or effort to create more of a story to play through. Oh, and the driving controls are abysmally awkward.

I highly doubt I play all the way through the game, I'm just playing it until Gamefly ships me something else, then I'll ship this back and clear my que for 3D Dot Game Heroes.

MoP 04-29-2010 06:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Burns11 (Post 547420)
It really feels like a bad MMO, you are just there to grind levels and collect gear so you can grind more levels.

Well, wasn't it pretty obvious from the beginning that's what this game is? I thought it was pretty much marketed as a mindless, co-op shooter (emphasis on 'co-op') and single player was there just for offline grinding...

That said, I tried the co-op part with a buddy and it didn't help much (but I generally dislike shooters and rarely play them, so that might be it).

Burns11 04-29-2010 09:37 AM

To be honest, I never saw anywhere that this game was marketed as anything more than saying it was a role playing shooter. But, to be fair, I don't bother looking at how anything is marketed I just try to play everything.

Little Writer 04-30-2010 02:45 AM

I've started "Silent Hill: Shattered Memories" yesterday. I've just reached the lodge (after getting a bit lost at the pump station). I like it so far, but the escape sequence was too hectic and I had no idea where I was or where I was going.

Niko 04-30-2010 01:01 PM

I'm playing & inbetween a few at the moment.

Memento Mori - 25% way through :shifty:

Splinter Cell Conviction - 75% way through, currently playing, should complete tommorow :7

Silent Hunter 5 - 25% way through, waiting for the 1.2 patch for better quality :frown:

DustyShinigami 04-30-2010 02:10 PM

Final Fantasy XIII

On Chapter 11 - Gran Pulse. Just begun my first side quest for the first Cei'th Stone. I'm 39 hours into the game at the moment and I wouldn't be surprised if the game ends up taking me 50-60 hours in total. Knowing me it's because I'll end up trying to do everything.

I have to honest, I am getting a bit fed up of the game now. My interest in the gameplay, characters, story and world, along with my motivation, has waned. I can't wait to get the game finished, but that could take quite a while yet.

The price I payed for the game, the achievements I should be able to get, and a conclusion to the story is what keeps me going.

Left 4 Dead: The Passing

Just working on collecting achievements a bit each day.

At least this DLC is better than the one for the first L4D.

Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory

I'm near the beginning of The Bathhouse mission. Just this one and the next and I'm done.

Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Conviction

At the beginning of Third Echelon HQ. God, this game's single player campaign is too short. :frown: According to a walkthrough I've only got another three missions to do after this one. With previous Splinter Cell games I usually end up doing a mission a day or a day and a half.

Whilst this game is fun, I certainly wouldn't say it's the best to date nor a favourite of mine.

Dale Baldwin 04-30-2010 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gazzoid (Post 547568)
I wouldn't be surprised if the game ends up taking me 50-60 hours in total. Knowing me it's because I'll end up trying to do everything.

I'd say even longer than that, if you really do intend to do everything (i.e. getting all the ultimate weapons etc - not helped by the abysmal drop rate on some of the upgrade components you need, and the toughness of the things you need to kill to get them in the first place).

DustyShinigami 04-30-2010 02:40 PM

Sheesh, you're right of course. Upgrading each of the character's levels for Commando, Ravenger, Medic etc. is starting to be a slow process as they're starting to require a lot of Crystogen Points. Hmmm... I actually wouldn't be surprised if I give up halfway through trying to do everything. :P

Did you manage to beat everything?

Dale Baldwin 04-30-2010 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gazzoid (Post 547576)
Did you manage to beat everything?

I'm getting there, but got distracted by other games.

Think I have about 4 of the Cie'th stones left to do (although a lot more than that to 5*), 1 ultimate weapon still to get, loads of others to upgrade to level 2 though. Characters are fully levelled, but I still get killed easily by adamantoises. One of the remaining stones I have will replace those with even harder versions - Great!

jbunniii 05-03-2010 02:38 PM

I finally finished Quake II (on medium difficulty) and now I'm about midway through the first mission pack, The Reckoning.

Also I'm about halfway through the first Simon the Sorceror but I'm stuck trying to work out what to do next. (I think I'm supposed to help the woodcutter at this point.) I already had to consult walkthroughs at a couple of points so I'm stubbornly resisting doing it again.

Little Writer 05-03-2010 09:45 PM

I've just finished the high school level of "Shattered Memories" and now I'm at a club with Michelle, going to get the keys to her car so we can drive to my house.