Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   General (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/general/)
-   -   Game you're playing. How far you are. (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/general/14062-game-youre-playing-how-far-you.html)

terhardp 04-22-2011 06:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kerlif (Post 578661)
I'm playing BM3 too and i began chapter III yesterday. I agree with you, the atmosphere is great quite sinister and haunting, but darren/adrien, well i can't seem to like him. He lacks spirit and depth, he's just not "dark" enough. And for all the samuels voice haters, listen to darren. If i close my eyes i almost feel i'm watching a sunday afternoon teen movie. I do miss Samuel.

I agree with you. Darren, with his rebellious character and punk attitude stick like a sore thumb in the world of Black Mirror. Samuel, on the other hand, had a big amount of arrogance, but also a certain distance and reclusiveness, which is more suited to the concept and setting of the game.

Fantasysci5 04-23-2011 05:26 PM

Stupid "King's Bounty: The Legend"...I have a love/hate relationship with that game, just like my love/hate relationship with "Septerra Core". God, I love the game, but it drives me insane!

The plot is awesome, and I freakin' love the characters, but since there's only so many troops you can buy, I run out of my favorites, and then feel at a loss at what I should use. I want an infinite amount of thorns, dang it! :frusty:

And it's a very long game, which I don't mind, but the enemies are getting harder and I'm not getting any stronger. I'm playing on Normal, and I want to go back and play on easy, but it's such a long game, I don't want to go back and do all that stuff...again. I'm already at the elves, but I feel like every army is too strong for me to fight. *pout*

Crunchy in milk 04-23-2011 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fantasysci5 (Post 578826)
Stupid "King's Bounty: The Legend"...I have a love/hate relationship with that game [...] The plot is awesome, and I freakin' love the characters, but since there's only so many troops you can buy, I run out of my favorites, and then feel at a loss at what I should use. I want an infinite amount of thorns, dang it! :frusty:

Its designed that way to encourage careful planning, and investing in after battle skills that recover troops, and having troop types that can heal/resurrect.

...also to encourage trying new troop types. The variety is good, and nearly every troop is worth having in your army. Just be aware of morale, keep to friendly troop types or invest in morale skills. Happy troops crit more.

Early in the game you should have invested in scouting, 2 or 3 levels. Just so you know who to take on next...

Getting a ship first thing is a must, you can pick up a half dozen or more upgrades risk free in each new area just by sailing around and nabbing loot.

The easiest class in KB the legend is the mage. Built right, your army plays second fiddle to your spell book - plus you can heal too.

The hardest class in KB the legend is the warrior. You can recruit more troops at once, but it can be harder to keep them alive.

As new areas open up and quests are completed, older recruitment areas can change their available recruits and even restock their numbers. Castles in particular. When you reach the right rank, certain troops are available in infinite supply. Unfortunately by that time they're not nearly as worthwhile as your other available troop types and by then you've got the skills to make them last longer.

There is a MOD on 1Cs forum that instructs on how to change the male paladin model/portrait from The Legend, to the female paladin from the DEMO of armoured princess (if you don't have the full game). If that might encourage replaying the game.

Just reading about the game has me keen to reinstall AP and play it with another class.

Fantasysci5 04-23-2011 07:23 PM

Thanks for the moral support, Crunchy.

Yeah, I picked the warrior at the beginning, not knowing that it was the hardest. I run around on the ship and try to steal items away without having to fight the really tough looking ones, and I've got Diplomacy and Ressurection.

My favorite troops are probably the Thorn-Warriors, since they can hit any target without moving. And they're adorable, itching behind its ear like a dog. I also love the Royal Snakes, and wish I could have more than one troop of them. Besides that, right now I have some giants, and a priest and archmage, although I'm open to switching them out when they get weak. I *hated* using spiders, but they did lots of damage, so I actually got attached...

And you should play it, so we can be frustrated and in love together! :P

Oscar 04-25-2011 04:21 AM

Outcry. It's been a difficult slog, seems to go really slow but I'm really enjoying the plot. The ideas is one of the most innovative I've seen and I'll be interesting to see how it ends.

Little Writer 04-25-2011 09:58 AM

Starting chapter 7 of "Gray Matter"; loving every minute of this game so far.

Fantasysci5 04-25-2011 06:13 PM

Playing "Portal" for the first time, and I'm already sea-sick. :P I love the portal puzzles and the cute sayings the computer and sentries say, but the momentum building makes me feel sick.

And I saw my friend play through it, and the end song is adorable. <3

Dale Baldwin 04-26-2011 06:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fantasysci5 (Post 579059)
but the momentum building makes me feel sick.

Thankfully that's one thing that Valve addressed in the sequel. I don't recall a need to fling myself into portal after portal after portal to build up enough speed, like occurs in the first game.

Fantasysci5 04-26-2011 09:41 AM

Thanks for the heads-up, Dale. I'm looking forward to playing Portal 2, but I'm going to wait till it drops in price...a lot. ;)

Guyra 05-01-2011 05:18 PM

Played "The Lucky Dime Caper starring Donald Duck" on the SMSII here the other day, but the game froze at the end of the second to last level. :/

terhardp 05-02-2011 10:45 PM

I'm still playing Portal 2. Currently I'm at the beginning of Chapter 8. It will be over too soon, though I cannot complain on the shortness of the game, comparing to the original "Portal".

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dale Baldwin (Post 579085)
I don't recall a need to fling myself into portal after portal after portal to build up enough speed, like occurs in the first game.

Actually, there are quite a few such situations in Portal 2. And the sea-sick feeling is even more intensified thanks to the power of:

Spoiler:
propulsion and repulsion gels

Dale Baldwin 05-03-2011 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by terhardp (Post 579635)
Actually, there are quite a few such situations in Portal 2.

I still disagree - the need to do a multiple portal loop is unnecessary, which is what I was talking about there.

Having played through it 3 times now, one long fall is always enough.

D.C. 05-03-2011 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dale Baldwin (Post 579690)
Having played through it 3 times now...

Good to see I'm not the only one. :D

Weare6 05-03-2011 08:32 PM

Yeah finished Portal on the Weekend. Its such a well polished and complete game.
The end is hilarious and a nice little surprise.
Playing Co-op now... which is equally entertaining

terhardp 05-03-2011 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dale Baldwin (Post 579690)
I still disagree - the need to do a multiple portal loop is unnecessary, which is what I was talking about there.

I'm sorry - I've misunderstood you; I've thought you've reffering to the falling-from-the-heights-through-the-portal-on-the-bottom-to-build-up-the-momentum concept. Now I see what you've meant, and I admit that this point of the original "Portal" almost made me sick, despite the fact I've stoically withstanded the feeling during the game thus far. And this wasn't so easy, because I haven't played a FPP game in / or outside the genre for a long time.

Fantasysci5 05-18-2011 10:20 PM

Ugh. You guys probably know my peculiar tastes...

Liking Nigel's voice from "The Lost Crown" when everybody hates it, and disliking games everyone else loves, such as "Syberia", "Psychonauts", "Grim Fandango", etc. I've always been different, but this is just ridiculous!

I started playing American McGee's Alice, and was really excited. I've never been a big fan of "Alice in Wonderland", more of a "Wizard of Oz" and "Lord of the Rings" gal. But this game should have been right up my alley...I love dark, adult-themed, depressing games. When I heard this had a dark story, I really wanted to try it, but they're so expensive! I finally caved and bought it for $30.

And I just don't like it. I'm not fond of action/shooter kind of games, but I'm all in it for story/characters. Sometimes I don't mind games with that, like Fable. But I just couldn't get into it. None of the characters I've met so far draw me in, and although I love her backstory in the asylum, I just don't have enough story to keep me playing. I find it very difficult to know what to do next, where to go, and it frustrates me to no end...

Why am I so weird that I don't like what everyone else loves?! :frusty:

Weare6 05-19-2011 08:34 PM

Playing Batman: Arkham Asylum
About half way i think. Just finished the Mansion part

shezcrafti 05-20-2011 05:47 AM

L.A. Noire - Only 13% in, but really enjoying it so far.

Black Mirror III - Worker at the castle died; starting to turn evil.

shezcrafti 05-20-2011 05:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fantasysci5 (Post 580876)
Ugh. You guys probably know my peculiar tastes...

Liking Nigel's voice from "The Lost Crown" when everybody hates it, and disliking games everyone else loves, such as "Syberia", "Psychonauts", "Grim Fandango", etc. I've always been different, but this is just ridiculous!

I started playing American McGee's Alice, and was really excited. I've never been a big fan of "Alice in Wonderland", more of a "Wizard of Oz" and "Lord of the Rings" gal. But this game should have been right up my alley...I love dark, adult-themed, depressing games. When I heard this had a dark story, I really wanted to try it, but they're so expensive! I finally caved and bought it for $30.

And I just don't like it. I'm not fond of action/shooter kind of games, but I'm all in it for story/characters. Sometimes I don't mind games with that, like Fable. But I just couldn't get into it. None of the characters I've met so far draw me in, and although I love her backstory in the asylum, I just don't have enough story to keep me playing. I find it very difficult to know what to do next, where to go, and it frustrates me to no end...

Why am I so weird that I don't like what everyone else loves?! :frusty:

If you're not totally disenchanted with American McGee by now, then you might be interested in Alice: The Madness Returns which is due out Q4 of this year (at least that's the latest update I've heard). Maybe the sequel will redeem the series for you. Here's some more info & screenshots.

Kaparen 05-21-2011 03:42 AM

Police Quest 1, I'm at Hotel Delphoria and stuck.

Kings Bounty is a great game, I had lots of fun playing it but after a while it got boring and it felt like you were doing the same thing over and over and over...