Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   General (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/general/)
-   -   Game you're playing. How far you are. (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/general/14062-game-youre-playing-how-far-you.html)

Gnomepeople 03-28-2006 11:25 AM

Game you're playing. How far you are.

The secret of monkey island 2nd big task (finding the tresure)

I dunno what to do ... dont tell me just hint meh... please oh and peeps everyone should do this with the game there playing it can be helpful and fun (sounds like a retarded dork) So could anyone tip me on monkey island and ill help as will other people hopefully on your problems

Dale Baldwin 03-28-2006 11:30 AM

Hint requests are better placed in that section of our forum.

I'm not currently playing any adventures right now. Roll on May....

samIamsad 03-28-2006 11:31 AM

Usually, treasure hunting involves some kind of map. Got that?

(I predict this thread soon to be renamed into "Stuck on Monkey, er, Melee Island" or something and to be moved to the hints section. By some kind of higher authority. Like, the local police, or some kind of, what's the word again? Moderator?) :)

Dasilva 03-28-2006 12:02 PM

Warcraft III Reign of Chaos, Chapter 6.

Hammerite 03-28-2006 12:08 PM

Oblivion. The Main Menu.

I daren't press new game or every on-screen object is a weird colourful thingy or white like the rest of the area.

Dale Baldwin 03-28-2006 12:35 PM

*moves thread to General* Woo, now I can answer.
I'm erm, somewhere in Oblivion. 40 hours of my life spent on it so far.

nordic_guy 03-28-2006 12:49 PM

I've just finished Psychonauts, and I'm about to start playing AC:WW.

So I'm not really playing anything ATM.

artwking4 03-28-2006 01:10 PM

Splinter Cell Chaos Theory. I'm still on the first level, Lighthouse. I only played it for about a half hour or so, I'm probably about a quarter of the way through the level.

Edit: I forgot, I'm also playing Daxter for the PSP. I finished the first level so far.

insane_cobra 03-28-2006 01:20 PM

I'm playing The Temple of Elemental Evil. I'm in, er, The Temple of Elemental Evil, three levels under the ground, battling some funky mushrooms and this anime-looking centaur chick called Lamia.

SamNMax 03-28-2006 02:43 PM

About two hours into Oblivion. I haven't the willpower to keep playing.

Mission 10 in PDZ.

Beginning of Space Quest 5 and Tony Tough.

Also Monkey Island 3.

SoccerDude28 03-28-2006 02:51 PM

Now restarting Oblivion. About 4 hours into the game (after investing about a day in it).

wilco 03-28-2006 03:38 PM

Shadow Hearts: Covenant. About 7 hours into the game. I've heard this game was good but didn't know it was hilarious. It kind of makes fun of all the JRPG stereotypes.

Also Another Code. I'm currently stuck
Spoiler:
after saving Jessica, cant find the code to the door

Should start Phoenix Wright in few days or something (the release date on Europe is in 31st March).

RLacey 03-28-2006 03:59 PM

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II - The Sith Lords
Just finished.

dantebk 03-28-2006 05:08 PM

Just finished The Last Express and Leisure Suit Larry 7 (former yesterday, latter today)

Between the two I enjoyed LSL7 much much more. I guess I just prefer linear gameplay.

Now.. the question is.. what to start next? Grim Fandango, Gabriel Knight 3, Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars, or Beavis & Butthead Do U? Decisions, decisions!

jjacob 03-28-2006 05:38 PM

The Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion - around 5% completed (It's a long game if you want it to be), although it's hard to tell, but there's still loads to do..

Intrepid Homoludens 03-28-2006 06:24 PM

The Movies. It's the 1950s and I got lots of buildings and many films under my studio's belt, but there's still so much to do.

rocketpop 03-28-2006 08:39 PM

Fatal Frame: Crimson Butterfly

Wow. Creepy game! Me and my fiancee are hooked. We are in chapter 3.

rocketpop 03-28-2006 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gnomepeople
The secret of monkey island 2nd big task (finding the tresure)

I dunno what to do ... dont tell me just hint meh... please oh and peeps everyone should do this with the game there playing it can be helpful and fun (sounds like a retarded dork) So could anyone tip me on monkey island and ill help as will other people hopefully on your problems

Map? I just danced my way through the forest.

artwking4 03-28-2006 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RLacey
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II - The Sith Lords
Just finished.

Was it fun?

jjacob 03-28-2006 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by artwking4
Was it fun?

That's borderline rhetorical ;)

Jelena 03-28-2006 11:22 PM

Full Throttle.
Getting equipment to fly over the canyon.

Ninth 03-29-2006 12:16 AM

- Civilization 4 and Oblivion : trying to make them work

- Keepsake : trying to get the motivation to unwrap it

- A bunch of other older games like Covert Action or Ascendancy : fooling around

Talk about being focused... :crazy:

NcroManiac 03-29-2006 02:14 AM

Just finnished Psychonauts, got Deus Ex: IW on hold and am currently diving into CoC: DCotE.

insane_cobra 03-29-2006 02:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NcroManiac
Just finnished Psychonauts, got Deus Ex: IW on hold and am currently diving into CoC: DCotE.

Oh, CoC: DCotE! You don't say...

WTF is that? :)

Ninth 03-29-2006 02:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by insane_cobra
Oh, CoC: DCotE! You don't say...

WTF is that? :)

I'll try Command and Conquer... uh... DC of the Empire.

NcroManiac 03-29-2006 02:41 AM

Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth. You should try it too! It's great!

Jazhara7 03-29-2006 03:54 AM

Keepsake: Stuck at the puzzle with the pedestals

Nibiru: Can't figure out what else to do in the basement or the office, before I can go up in the Paternoster (those things are awesome) again.

Fallout 2: Um...I got into the secret Lab and all, but I am going to start a new game now that I have the english versions, because I can't stand the terrible german translation. Seriously, what caused such an enormous fall in translation quality between Fallout 1 and 2?

Egypt III: Still stuck in the Papyrus swamps where I should meet Isis I think.

Baldurs Gate + Tales of the Sword Coast (english): Getting to the end.

Broken Sword III - The Sleeping Dragon: Got a bit sidetracked. Should really get back to this.

Betrayal at Krondor: Yeah, I have to continue. But I'm not in the mood right now, because starting the game is always quite atrocious.

The Moment of Silence: I don't know what to do or where to go after I haven't played for some time. I can't remember if I knew what to do next even back when I stopped playing for some time...

Imperium Romanum: I should really continue this. It's fun.

And last but not least, the thing that keeps me from playing all these other games...*drumroll*

Neverwinter Nights: Finished the official campaign ages ago, and am playing one module after the other. Currently I am playing "King Arthur meets a Moose" (yes, Monty Python), "Aurora City - The makings of an Adventurer" (there's more modules in this series after this), and replaying "The Aielund Saga Act IV - The Fall of Aielund (Part 1)" for the third time (First I played from Act I to Act IV, then I played Act IV once again, because it had been updated in order to allow you to bring over your henchmen into Part II, and now because I felt like re-playing "Act III - Return of the Ironlord", and the next module in the series is loaded as soon as the previous one is finished, I am once again playing Act IV.) while waiting for the second part of Act IV to be published (Which is scheduled to be the first week of April.).

That game is addictive!

- :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

RLacey 03-29-2006 05:40 AM

Quote:

Was it fun?

No, I just played all the way to the end for the sake of it ;).

But seriously, yes. The first few sections are boring, and some aspects of it aren't as good as in the original, but a couple of the tweaks made to it since the first game work really well, and it's still most definitely a good game.

UPtimist 03-29-2006 07:22 AM

Battle for Middle Earth II, good campaign, Dol Guldur.

artwking4 03-29-2006 08:32 AM

Quote:

No, I just played all the way to the end for the sake of it ;).

But seriously, yes. The first few sections are boring, and some aspects of it aren't as good as in the original, but a couple of the tweaks made to it since the first game work really well, and it's still most definitely a good game.

I've played games to the end for the sake of it.:D :frusty: Mostly because I wanted to see how the story ended even though the gameplay stopped being fun a week ago.

RLacey 03-29-2006 09:36 AM

Quote:

I've played games to the end for the sake of it.:D :frusty: Mostly because I wanted to see how the story ended even though the gameplay stopped being fun a week ago.

OK. I can do that with some games. But not fifty-hour RPGs ;).

Stoofa 03-29-2006 10:01 AM

Ankh - I'm stuck in the Sphinx. I like this game a lot! The theme music rocks my socks. I am a little confused by the overall plot. :crazy:

lostwolfe 03-30-2006 10:17 AM

the dig. second time around, ten years later.

i lost the will to continue playing once i found the "dead bones" puzzle near the water. it's not a difficult puzzle, but it is a frustrating one. i'll go back to playing it once i've finished writing the rest of a piece of writing for school.

Jazhara7 03-30-2006 10:35 AM

So I finished re-playing Aielund Act III - Return of the Ironlord (for the second time) and Aielund Act IV - The Fall of Aielund part 1 (for the third time).

Now I got back to playing "Aurora City - The Makings of an Adventurer", and just took a break since I got the message "Your god has ignored your prayers!" meaning that I died and did not get a chance for resurrection, and I was too lazy to reload after that.

- :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Dasilva 03-30-2006 11:03 AM

Max Payne - Just started.

NcroManiac 03-30-2006 12:50 PM

^You are in for a treat! Be sure to pick up the sequel, and if dying for somthing similar, the new Punisher game.

RLacey 03-30-2006 01:08 PM

Fable
A few hours in.

NcroManiac 03-30-2006 01:25 PM

Quote:

Fable
A few hours in.

It's been sitting on my desk for a while. Worth a go?

RLacey 03-30-2006 01:27 PM

The save system is terrible; the game is fun.

Junkface 03-30-2006 03:12 PM

Civilization IV - won on easy a couple of times, wonder movies not working properly, frustrated and bored

(replaying) Quest for Glory 1 EGA - hard to say where I'm up to because the game is so non-linear, forgot how much stuff was added in the remake

We Love Katamari - about a third of the way through I think. Bored.