Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   General (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/general/)
-   -   Game you're playing. How far you are. (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/general/14062-game-youre-playing-how-far-you.html)

Jelena 03-27-2010 01:43 AM

I'm at the very end of Still Life 2 and in spite of having to replay quite a long sequence in order to avoid (as it seems) a stupid bug I've really enjoyed the game.
I could have been without the timed sequences though. :frown:
I've died over and over since I can't handle the stress of having a countdown clock ticking in the corner. And it's taken forever to load a previous game in order to continue. *rips hair*

Now I just need to kill the bad guy. :D

Denaron 03-27-2010 06:36 PM

The Black Mirror

I've just started, still exploring the available areas. Looks like an interesting adventure, despite the terrible voice "acting".

Just Cause 2

This game is so much fun! Completely exaggerated, and the plot is dull and full of clichés, but it's very entertaining. :D

Hammerite 03-28-2010 05:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Denaron (Post 543533)
The Black Mirror

I've just started, still exploring the available areas. Looks like an interesting adventure, despite the terrible voice "acting".

I can still do a mean impression of Samuel Gordon. I may record it at some point and post it here.

Fantasysci5 04-01-2010 11:56 AM

I'm making a Sim neighborhood based on Saxton, with the people and places as close as I can make them. Obviously it won't be perfect, but I'm so obsessed with this game that it seems really cool to me. Eh, as long as you don't mind the giant tower of Baradur from Lord of the Rings with animated eye and everything in a corner. :P I wish I had SimCity so I could hand-make the terrain to have the roads and everything like Saxton.

Tiocfaidh 04-01-2010 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fantasysci5 (Post 544031)
I'm making a Sim neighborhood based on Saxton, with the people and places as close as I can make them. Obviously it won't be perfect, but I'm so obsessed with this game that it seems really cool to me. Eh, as long as you don't mind the giant tower of Baradur from Lord of the Rings with animated eye and everything in a corner. :P I wish I had SimCity so I could hand-make the terrain to have the roads and everything like Saxton.

Nice !

Don´t forget to post some pictures ;)

Fantasysci5 04-01-2010 01:28 PM

lol I will, if it turns out good, but I have my doubts. :P

I need to get some pictures of the characters so I can try to make a close approximation. For example, Mr. Oogle and Verity Church were going to live in a house called "Town Hall" or Museum, haven't decided, that I would fill with sculptures and stuff like in the museum. Only problem is, people in families can't have different last names, so Nanny Noah and Bob Tawny (who I was going to put in the same house) will have to be Nanny Tawny. lol

HaroldO 04-01-2010 02:43 PM

Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence
I've just saved before the fight with the Fear. I've played the Virtous Mission a few times but It's the first time I'm playing mission Snake Eater.

Fantasysci5 04-01-2010 05:08 PM

1 Attachment(s)
So, here's a small taste of a bit of Saxton that I made today. Not sure if I should start my own thread, we'll see how well it goes. Here's the beginning of Saxton, and even some "Barrow Hill" in there. ;)

Hammerite 04-04-2010 12:38 PM

BioShock 2.

I'm liking it, so far.
Turn off the quest arrow; and let yourself be immersed in Rapture once more. :)

booB 04-04-2010 08:14 PM

The Witcher, second playthrough. I am about 1/3 of the way through Chapter 2. I'll be siding with the Scoia'tel this time through, and I plan to get all the trophy monster rewards and as many naked girl cards as possible. :)

Fantasysci5 04-05-2010 09:17 AM

I'm playing "Rhiannon" at the moment, but I'm not liking it too much. The story to me isn't very appealing, like the Dark Fall/Barrow Hill games, and the characterization seems a little dry. The puzzles make hardly any sense to me, and it's become a bit of a chore to continue playing. The graphics are a bit too unreal, a bit too stiff, and the sounds, like the music that plays in the background when something happens, almost makes me laugh. I'll be putting this on the back-burner.

Not terrible; I really liked the email puzzles, but it's just not grabbing my attention.

HaroldO 04-07-2010 10:19 AM

Post Mortem (Windows)
I just played for an hour or so. Really nice pre-rendered cutscenes, the game as a whole looks nice. The only problem so far is the dialogue tree. The thing seems totally chaotic. The models animation is really bad but I would be willing to overlook that if the dialogue felt more natural.

The Secret of Monkey Island - Special Edition (Windows)
Only played for an hour, first playthrough ever. Seems fun, but I'm not in the mood for comedy so I guess I'll drop it for a few days.

Chrono Trigger (Nintendo DS)
Forgive the pun but this game was years ahead of it's time. Still looks beautiful and plays great.
Spoiler:
I just had my gate to the magical kingdom sealed and I'm traveling through periods to open those boxes and doors I couldn't before.

Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops
I loved MGS3 so much that I had to at least try the sequel. The command scheme feels a bit strange but I'm getting used to using Circle to select weapon's or items. :P
I only played a few minutes, until I had my first radio conversation with Para-medic and Sigint. Big Boss new sneaking suit looks great.

Little Writer 04-07-2010 11:50 PM

Continuing my second playthrough of "Final Fantasy 12". Did the Goliath and Deathscythe hunt, just accepted the Catoblepas hunt. Several other hunts still lined up. Doing these to level up before going to Ridorana.

MladenL 04-08-2010 10:07 PM

Kings Quest 6. A fair way in, I finished the annoying labyrinth and have spoken to the druids and now I'm trying to put together the stuff I need for the spell to capture that night horse thing.
Pretty cool game, most of the death scenarios are pretty fair, though I'm saving every two seconds in case I screw up and kill myself.

Fantasysci5 04-10-2010 11:29 AM

I'm so excited! I remember when I was very young, I used to play this game about a bum on the Commodore 64.

Well, I've finally got it working on my computer! I've been playing "Rags to Riches" none stop since yesterday, and the old love of the game mixed with the old frustration is just how I remember it. Those stupid robbers and IRS men keep stealing all my money and I have to start from scratch, but I still love this game as much as I did then.

Now, if only I could get "Below the Root" to work, the reclaiming of my childhood will be complete. Okay, not quite, since I still can't find a Gigapet...:frown:

booB 04-10-2010 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fantasysci5 (Post 545137)
Those stupid robbers and IRS men

same thing. :)

and also: http://www.virtualpet.com/vp/faq/faqvp.htm

Fantasysci5 04-10-2010 04:35 PM

You've played it? I thought I was the only person in the world to have heard of it!

And that site is pretty cool. I had a really neat Panda giga pet knock-off, who could watch tv, etc. If you ever run across anything like that...;)

booB 04-10-2010 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fantasysci5 (Post 545163)
You've played it? I thought I was the only person in the world to have heard of it!

No, I was making a cynical comment about the IRS. :)

Fantasysci5 04-10-2010 09:41 PM

Aww, I thought I wasn't the only one who had played it...lol

Trunkyo 04-10-2010 11:08 PM

Just started Undercover: Operation Wintersun on Friday, but didn't play on Saturday because I had to go out of town. Not too hard so far, still exploring the KWI in Berlin.

Below the Root... seriously, Fantsie?! I loved that game! It boggles the mind to realize that I first played it on my uncle's Apple II... a few years before you were born! Ack! :crazy: