Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   General (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/general/)
-   -   Game you're playing. How far you are. (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/general/14062-game-youre-playing-how-far-you.html)

MdaG 11-17-2007 12:12 AM

Halo 3
Coop on legendary difficulty.

Good: graphics have been significantly improved The new weapons and gadgets are a lot of fun to experiment with.

Bad: Coop mode (split screen) doesn't make use of my whole widescreen TV, but rather just 4:3 leaving two black areas on each side! Coop mode also respawns one player making it possible to use one player as an anchor while the other player grinds...

Metroid Prime
Giving this another go. Last time I was so frustrated by the controls (being used to a control scheme similar to Halo, Bishock etc.) I gave up . Anyway I'm now making use of the auto lock feature and it's going much better. I love the music :-)

Hammerite 11-18-2007 11:06 AM

Just bought Silent Hill: 0rigins, and I'm at the sanitarium.
Pretty awesome, thus far. Especially the music, which is incredible, as usual.

simpson_yellow 11-19-2007 03:23 AM

Still Crysis. I'm guessing I'm a little over half way - the weather's turned a little bleak ;). What an utterly breathtaking achievement this title is. Once again, Crytek have somehow managed to produce something leaps and bounds ahead of the competition technology-wise.

I thought the incredible visuals would wear thin after a while, but I'm still finding my jaw on the floor on a fairly regular basis. It also helps that the environments are quite a bit more varied than I first thought.

I've got Colin McRae Dirt, and Sam & Max S2E1 sitting on the hard drive waiting to go, but I can't see them getting a look in for some time yet.

MdaG 11-19-2007 10:27 AM

Metroid Prime
Found my way into the Hydra labs and acquired a super missile. I'm glad I gave this game another try. Even after recently finishing Bioshock I'm enjoying this old gem a lot more. My hat is off to Retro Studios. They really brought Metroid into the third dimension. I haven't played a Metroid game since ~1991 and then it was the original on NES. Playing this game feels fresh and nostalgic at the same time as most of the trade marks are intact. :)

*edit*
Just died a second time after defeating that mass of levitating rocks. Those sentry droids (on my way back to a save point) are proving to be more difficult than that rock boss :crazy:

Endosanity 11-25-2007 10:29 PM

Fatal Frame 2: Crimson Butterfly - PS2

Defeated a ritual priest for the 2nd time but he is still haunting us. You ever notice that things your sister says and does while following you around is kind of creepy?

DustyShinigami 11-26-2007 04:11 AM

Mine are listed below as always. :)

The Darkness

I bought this a few days ago after reading a lot of good reviews. It only took me 2 days to complete the game from start to finish, but with all 360 games, i've been working on unlocking all the achievements. Well, most of the achievements anyway. :shifty: Because i don't have XBOX Live i can't unlock the multiplayer ones. I don't play many first-person shooters but i do like the occasional horror one and this one had an interesting story. The concept of controlling demons to take out your enemies, in deliciously grusome ways, really appeals to me. :devil: What can i say? I'm depraved. :D Just one more achievement to go - hard mode.

Grand Theft Auto: Vice City

I decided to go through this again (for my second time) after completing Vice City Stories. I had a blast going through this game, for the first time, during my summer holidays from college. This time however, i've been working on getting the full 100% Nearly there too, just got a few more missions left to complete untill the final one unlocks.

MdaG 11-27-2007 11:53 AM

Still playing Metroid Prime. Just aquired the plasma beam and if it wasn't for the occasional beam pirate I would be using it constantly. I've gotten about 50% of all the objects now, but only one artifact. So far this game has felt pretty linear and I'm yet to find any more of those artifacts. I'm guessing the game will open up soon and allow me to solve the riddles in my quest for the artifact as I only have one suit and one visor left before I'm able to go anywhere I want due to my equipment.

As a side note I'm having trouble with my newly bought RGB-Scart and setting the game in 60 Hz mode. I've put up a thread about it here.

*edit*
Just found my eight artifact and I've collected 80% of all items now. Soon I'm off to that horrible Metroid quarantine area...

kuze 11-27-2007 01:56 PM

Began playing Planescape Torment for the third time now. I consider it to be one of the greatest RPGs, but I never manage to sit through it. I'm also playing Arcanum - what an awesome game that is, so much story, so much dialog, so many possibilities. Modern overhyped RPGs like Oblivion seem so hollow compared to these two classics.

MoriartyL 11-28-2007 01:46 AM

I've been playing Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney on an emulator with a friend. I'm now convinced two player is the best way to play this game. And yeah, it's great. But it's getting put on hold for now because my friend's going to America for two weeks. We just passed the major "turnabout" in Chapter 3. (That's "Turnabout Samurai".) I think I see where this is going now. But alas, I must wait.

Monroeski 11-28-2007 08:47 PM

After just barely over 100 hours, I have finally finished Persona 3, and I freaking loved every minute of it. Great game.

Once I finished, I had to physically take it out of my PS2 and put it back in the box and on my shelf, because I knew if it was still in there I'd fire it back up and start a new game +. :D

Christian IV 11-29-2007 09:12 PM

tanget black, thanks for the comments on Gothic and i appolgize for the long delay in my response, had to have two more operations.....anyway, ys Gothic III is remarkable, there is a very good community created patch now, that fixes many many of the problems, check the home site for JoWood for details, it really did help a lot of people.....including me.....

i have had to put my game playing on hold for recovery time, but hope to get back into some soon, good to see people enjoying Crysis it was a long time in the making and Crytek is a remarkable company indeed.

Intrepid Homoludens 11-29-2007 09:16 PM

Christian, you SERIOUSLY need to play Mass Effect.

Watch these two clips of it to see why.

Commercial
Liara

"Many decisions lie ahead. None of them easy."

MdaG 11-30-2007 01:00 PM

Metroid Prime, fighting Metroid Prime :P

Dale Baldwin 11-30-2007 01:31 PM

Mass Effect, now on my second playthrough with my original character, getting to level 60, and trying to get some ally achievements this time round - missed out on them completely first time (must have been close though)..
To make it a little bit different, I'm choosing more renegade-type actions this time around.

After that, it's new class and new difficulty level time!

Endosanity 12-01-2007 11:56 PM

Fatal Frame 2: Crimson Butterfly - PS2 - Trying to find different areas of a house based on reels of film you come across. Having trouble finding a room where a girl climbs out of a large chest and crawls after you.

simpson_yellow 12-02-2007 12:09 AM

Colin McRae Dirt
Just about completed all tier 2 events in career mode. Good casual fun, and a welcome distraction for an hour or so here and there. The voiceover from Travis Pastrana (who the f..?)* is about the most annoying thing on Earth though. I wish there was a way to turn it off - nothing worse than screaming through a tight rally circuit and scraping over the line in first place, only to be congratulated by some whiny, nasal turkey saying something along the lines of "Sweet drivin' dude. Awesome!"

*after some googling, it seems Travis Pastrana is some kind of moto-x legend. Why, then, is he featuring in an off-road 4-wheel racing game?

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
My first impressions were a little grim, but I warmed to this atmospheric hybrid after racking up a few hours of play. It reminds me quite a bit of Deus Ex, but it's more interesting so far. Definitely something quite different from the standard chaff currently filling the shelves. I'm still dying waaay too frequently though (even on novice difficulty, a single shotgun blast seems to be enough to reduce a full health bar to zero and produce a game over screen :crazy: ), so I think I may be approaching the game wrong. Either that or there's some armour or something that I failed to find early on.

MdaG 12-02-2007 02:16 AM

Resident Evil 0 (Gamecube)
My second RE game. The last one I played was RE3 on my PC back in 1998 I think. I loved it. This is also a good game with a creepy atmosphere and satisfying zombie action. It's far from perfect though. As RE3 it's plagued by weird puzzles that would fit an arbitrary fantasy adventure far better. The controls are clunky and it feels like I'm piloting a Mech and not controlling a person. Also it's REALLY annoying that the inventory is so limiting as I keep having to backtrack every now and then to pick up items I've had to put down due to lack of space. I'm currently wandering around in the academy about 4h into the game.

Call of Chtulhu - Dark corners of the Earth (X360)
Now this is horror. Everything about this game so far screams quality. I'm snooping around the port town of Innmouth looking for a young lad gone missing. The locals don't take kindly to me snooping around and what a drunkard just told me made me understand why. I hope the game keeps on being this good as so far this is without a doubt the best horror game I've played. Resident Evil has a lot to learn for this game.
Downside is that there are some graphical glitches in the emulation. Oh well, it's not too annoying...

Bastich 12-02-2007 09:14 AM

I've finally gotten around to playing F.E.A.R. (the original game, not the add-ons). I'm only on the 4th level.

I like the horror aspect of the game and the graphics, but as an FPS, it doesn't really seem any different than anything else.

I'm not too impressed by the AI so far either. The same technique works on them every time. Let them see you and/or make a lot of noise and then retreat to a well fortified position. Since they always hunt you down, you simply wait and pick them off as they do.

It's still fun though. I can't really complain too much

I Love Cookiemonster 12-02-2007 12:59 PM

Half Life source: Just shot down the apache at the dam. I don't like it very much. It's like having sex with your girlfriend's younger sister, she might look a bit better but just doesn't preform as she should.

Maybe i should install the original to get a better comparison...

Lycentia 12-04-2007 11:27 AM

World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade - umm just doing daily quests and leveling alts, an occasional Karazhan run if the baby is in bed, I miss big raids

Super Mario Galaxy - Terrace, boss level on my account, Just unlocked kitchen on 2 player mode with the hubby