Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   General (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/general/)
-   -   Game you're playing. How far you are. (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/general/14062-game-youre-playing-how-far-you.html)

simpson_yellow 12-04-2007 11:38 PM

Still going with S.T.A.L.K.E.R. and finding it thoroughly engrossing. The learning curve seems a little backward, as things got considerably easier after about 4-5 gameplay hours. I'd not really planned on playing this game, but saw it on sale last weekend and capitulated to the impulse purchase. Definitely glad I did.

lissawray 12-06-2007 05:02 PM

Evidence PC

I am currently playing Evidence:The Last Ritual which I feel kinda guilty because I have The 13th Victim but I skipped it due to getting hung up on a puzzle and no emails ( Im sure you'll see my cries for help elsewhere on here :frusty: ) I would like to ask for suggestions for RPG/adventure games along this line for the PC. I have played Syberia 1 & 2, I have Scratches but only played a half hour of it and didn't care for it (when I finish these it will be next due to nothing else to do!) I have NiBiRu but haven't played it. I played all the Zork's (even the first text only ones! anyone else that old? ;) ) So if you have any suggestion's I would appreciate it. And has anyone played the Bloodlines or other vampire based games? Thanks, sorry for being so long winded.

MdaG 12-07-2007 06:40 AM

Halo 3
Stuck on chapter two trying to free some marines in the barracks. Problem is like 20 Brutes. I can handle my self fairly well against the first ten, but then I always encounter a Brute with a hammer and then it's game over. Hehe, I'm playing on Heroic difficulty, I wonder if legendary is even possible in single player :)

Metroid Prime 2
I've discovered the crashlanded ship and read the logs of all corpses. Just found my way into a temple with all these mummified aliens who seem to have died 8 cycles ago... So far just as good as the first game, but with a worse log/weapon/options interface.

Terramax 12-15-2007 08:54 AM

Playing Silent Hill Origins and getting into it. Just about to complete the second location, the Sanitarium and the game's really picking up. The story doesn't seem like it's going to be half as original as SH2 & 3 but as long as the production values remain at the same, or heighten then this should be a worth experience.

Also, Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness I've owned this for about 4 years on the PS2 and now I've spent another £30 just to play it on a handheld. That's progress...

But I love it. And I can't wait to start having 2-player battles with my sister. Couldn't do that on the original.

ProggleRock 12-15-2007 09:37 AM

Final Fantasy V
I just started "World 3", which is both worlds combined, apparently. I started this game months ago and rarely had/have the time to play it with school sucking the life out of me 24/7. But I thought it would be a good game to play during school because the story doesn't matter all the much, and I wouldn't have to worry about preserving the "feel" of the story due to my not being able to play it for more than a few hours a week. So anyway, when I eventually finish it I plan to start one of the dozen adventure games I bought (for my parents to give to me) for Christmas. Then I finally won't have to worry about level grinding.

Hammerite 12-15-2007 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terramax (Post 452425)
Playing Silent Hill Origins and getting into it. Just about to complete the second location, the Sanitarium and the game's really picking up. The story doesn't seem like it's going to be half as original as SH2 & 3 but as long as the production values remain at the same, or heighten then this should be a worth experience.

it's good.

Marrow 12-16-2007 01:36 PM

Final Fantasy III for the DS.
Currently in a cave of sorts, after the water temple.
My party currently consists of a Knight, Geomancer, White Mage and Monk. not the best, but it works.

simpson_yellow 12-17-2007 03:19 AM

Gears of War on PC. Don't know how far in I am - two or three gaming hours. Pretty decent so far, but I have to admit I was expecting a little more after all the glowing reviews. It's a little bit too arcade-y for me, and the take cover / shoot / take cover / shoot mechanic is starting to get a little repetitive. I'm hoping some other gameplay elements will be thrown into the mix soon.

Reflection 12-17-2007 04:49 PM

LoTR - TTT on the GameCube. Second level.

Christian IV 12-19-2007 08:51 AM

KOTR I, just got to Tatooine, messing around in the desert, LOVE this game, one of the best i have played in a LONG time! KOTR II on order and i will add all the restored content of the Team Gizka efforts and others,

Oblivion, about to start the main quest after a year or more of exploraton

Gothic III, heading for the desert area now, had to restart as my first play through i got in a ways and found i had antagonized the Orcs too much.

Caesar IV, building my second city, need to figure out the factory and good stocking better, love the detail of this dynamic masterpiece, created by the actual staff who made the previous Caesars.

Nancy Drew and the Crystal Skull, just begun the first of this series that I have tried, like the 3D world and the style very much....will see how it goes.

SoccerDude28 12-21-2007 04:46 PM

Super Mario Galaxy:

Currently in my third galaxy, with 32 stars. This game so far is simply AMAZING! To me, this is the game of the year. It provides what a lot of "next-gen" games don't. Tons of fun, and a great amount of variety that keeps the gameplay fresh through out. I have a soft spot for platformers, and they don't come any better than this game.

MdaG 12-22-2007 07:08 AM

Metroid Prime 2
Running around in the Sanctuary fortress trying to find a use for my newly acquired power bomb. The plot so far is far darker than in the previous game and the appearance of dark Samus is intriguing. I have a feeling
Spoiler:
she really is my old Phazon suit from the last game with a Metroid Prime inside...
, but one can't be sure. This game is also noticeably harder than the last game, there is far more backtracking and if it wasn't for the built in hint system giving me (vague) directions of where to go next if I loiter too long, I would probably have given up by now. I don't agree with the critics that this game isn't as good as the first installment. So far it's been at least as good.

MoriartyL 12-22-2007 01:37 PM

You're reading too much into Dark Samus, I think. She's exactly what she seems to be.

Jatsie 12-31-2007 04:19 PM

Metroid Prime 3

I'm on Bryyo, fighting the boss. This particular battle isn't that interesting, so I can't really be bothered, I'd rather just skip it and move on if that were an option. I'm sure I'll get to it eventually. On the whole I'm enjoying the game, and the fact that I haven't played a Metroid game since the SNES doesn't seem to be an issue.

Davies 01-01-2008 05:25 AM

Just started playing Sanitarium last night. Got pretty far along in Chapter 2 when I stalled and decided it was time to go to bed anyway (2 am). I must have been mulling it over during sleep, as I've woken up this morning with some new ideas. Don't know how to implement them yet, but at least they're new ideas. Somewhat tempted to have a peek at some hints, just to make sure I don't get too discouraged this early on.

Edit: I've just had a tiny peek at one hint, enough to assure me I'm on the right lines after all. Hooray!

Marrow 01-02-2008 04:14 PM

In Agatha Christie: And Then There Were None, chapter 3.
Final Fantasy III, The Crystal Tower.

Monroeski 01-02-2008 06:34 PM

I'm all over the place right now.

Bioshock - Farmer's Market.
Contra 4 - Boss of level 4.
Brain Age 2 - Just started, though it's not really something you can "complete."
Team Fortress 2 - Can't really say where you are, since it's MP only, but I figured I'd at least list it.
Puzzle Quest - just took out Dugog.
Mario Galaxy - just unlocked the second galaxy.

I think that's it for now. So many new games last December, I have a feeling there will be a lot that I quit before I finish, particularly since there are a number of cheap adventure games (mentioned in another thread) that are calling my name right now... :D

CrimsonBlue 01-03-2008 05:48 PM

Replaying FF7. Just got Yuffie to join my party, and about to enter Junon for the first time.

Christian IV 01-04-2008 11:02 AM

In a deep study of Star Wars games, almost done with KOTR I, and loving it still, amazing achievment and one of the best games i have seen yet in any genre, playing also SW Jedi Knight III Academy, just started SW Jedi Knight II Outcast, both use a very nice engine and have great graphics and level design and one of the nicest and smoothest in game full 3D movement cycles and main character interface i have seen. Also began Crysis, Grim Fandango (finally and love it!), still playing LucasArts Indianna Jones and the Fate of Atlantis, still stuck in Japan in Dreamfall and promise to get back to it), about to start the MQ in Oblivion, after a ton of mod study and major beta testing, still playing through the episodes of Sam and Max and just began the original San And Max Hit the Road also from Lucas Arts, .......and ongoing with MOUL online, and Gothic III, about to hit the desert area again, had to replay back from earlier because i made the Orcs too mad at me and risked losing too many side quests.....so do i have time to eat and sleep? well barely, but with all the snow here in Colorado and two recent operations and being on medical leave, i got time. :)

DustyShinigami 01-04-2008 03:59 PM

Whilst awaiting for BioShock for the 360 i'm finishing up on Dead Rising. I've finished the game but i have at least 4 more achievements to unlock until i've officially completed it. And two of them are very, very tedious. :shifty: