Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   General (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/general/)
-   -   Game you're playing. How far you are. (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/general/14062-game-youre-playing-how-far-you.html)

LeisureSuitedLooney 12-11-2006 06:07 AM

Bought the new LSL collection the other day. Got it home and immediately started LSL6...anxious to see if the DOSBox program in it helps with all the crashes in the previous versions!

Also re-installed City of Heroes. Really miss playing it. Oh, and in Twilight Princess, I'm at the place where I face 3 shadow-creatures, and I learn a new combat move...but I keep dying before I can use it on all 3.

Manhunter71 12-11-2006 06:37 PM

Barrow Hill *shivers* - I'm just trekking through the forest to check out the stones, but it's dark and I'm by myself, so I think I'll try again when its light outside :(

Tobbe 12-12-2006 02:29 AM

I started playing Flight Of The Amazon Queen a few days ago, haven´t played so long yet, but the game seems interesting..

JemyM 12-12-2006 03:45 AM

I am playing too many games atm and I feel I have a short attentionspan due to a diet im going on, or maybe it's just that none of the games really got me interested. Or maybe I am just not as enthusiastic during the diet. I do not know.

Dark Messiah of Might & Magic
Fable - The Lost Chapters
Sanitarium
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Double Agent
Elvira 2

LeisureSuitedLooney 12-12-2006 05:49 AM

Finally got the timing right in that Zelda battle...now I'm bug-collecting, lol. Oh, and zipping right along in LSL6. Amazing how quickly it flies by when you don't have a crash every 15 minutes. ;)

Eureka 12-12-2006 05:56 AM

Just beat GoW after trying to be that last boss for hours (on hardcore diff.). Now i'll be playing...hmmm...

...either one of the Burger King games or Company of Heroes.

RLacey 12-12-2006 10:09 AM

What are these Burger King games? I've heard that they've been giving some away, but I have no idea what games they actually are/were, since I don't live in America and never go to Burger King anyway.

bysmitty 12-12-2006 10:27 AM

The burger king games are very budget xbox360 / xbox releases you can get for $4 when you purchase food. I think they all look pretty terrible but I give them credit for trying something different.

Sneak King
Pocketbike Racer
Big Bumpin

...bysmitty

SoccerDude28 12-12-2006 10:34 AM

Finished Okami.
To me it is game of the year. Beautiful graphics, better than any of the so called "next-gen" crap. Epic story. Brilliant gameplay.

Now I am torn between playing Bully or Legend of Kay.

insane_cobra 12-12-2006 04:11 PM

Brilliant gameplay? I've seen many people complain about how dull-ish (and easy) gameplay is its only fault.

LeisureSuitedLooney 12-12-2006 04:21 PM

Is that the game put out by that studio that closed? Clover, I think it was called. The studio, I mean.

Dale Baldwin 12-12-2006 05:30 PM

Yep, Okami was one of Clover Studios' very last games (along with Godhand). I'm looking forward to its PAL release next year.

Eureka 12-12-2006 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bysmitty (Post 372738)
The burger king games are very budget xbox360 / xbox releases you can get for $4 when you purchase food. I think they all look pretty terrible but I give them credit for trying something different.

Sneak King
Pocketbike Racer
Big Bumpin

...bysmitty

They're actually pretty fun. And the graphics are pretty good for $4 games. Better than anything you'll find on marketplace at double the cost.

I don't like BK either, but choking down one chicken sandwhich is worth being able to get these games, as a gamer and game collector.

SoccerDude28 12-12-2006 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by insane_cobra (Post 372854)
Brilliant gameplay? I've seen many people complain about how dull-ish (and easy) gameplay is its only fault.

The brush technique is the most brilliant innovation I have seen in a game in a long time. Yes it is easy, but that's what makes it appealing for me. It never frustrates you, and without even dying once, you clock about 55 hours into the game. There is no fat here. Only brilliance. Insane you should really try it out.

Eureka 12-12-2006 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoccerDude28 (Post 372889)
The brush technique is the most brilliant innovation I have seen in a game in a long time. Yes it is easy, but that's what makes it appealing for me. It never frustrates you, and without even dying once, you clock about 55 hours into the game. There is no fat here. Only brilliance. Insane you should really try it out.

I'm not really interested in this game, but I always root for games like this. The innovation, if nothing else, is refreshing.

insane_cobra 12-13-2006 01:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoccerDude28 (Post 372889)
Insane you should really try it out.

I definitely intend to, once I get my hands on that elusive PS2. :)

trudysgarden 12-13-2006 05:50 AM

I finally finished Oblivion and am about half way through The Bard's Tale.

Really enjoying it, simplistic combat and all. It's a nice break.

happy trails,

Carolyn

SoccerDude28 12-13-2006 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trudysgarden (Post 372974)
I finally finished Oblivion

How long did it take?

Dale Baldwin 12-15-2006 07:01 PM

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, Gamecube version. Nearly 8 hours in, and have just reached the second temple.

MdaG 12-16-2006 05:04 AM

Farcry, trying to reach the archives, but keep getting ass whopped by fat dudes...