Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   General (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/general/)
-   -   Game you're playing. How far you are. (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/general/14062-game-youre-playing-how-far-you.html)

Jazhara7 10-14-2006 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RLacey (Post 353252)
You've completed the main quest? I played for hours without getting anywhere near to doing that :crazy:.

Well, I played for hours too. But most of it was doing side quests. I didn't start the main quest until after some time.

Once you play Morrowind again, I suggest that you download Necessities of Morrowind. You don't have to install the main module, but in the archive there's also two other modules: Nymeria's Monthly Respawn (for alchemy ingredients) and Nymeria's Faster Walk which increases your travelling speed by 10%.

Also, there's several modules adding readable signs (I like the ones with colourful writing, especially since it looks irregular and handdrawn, like chalk.) all over Morrowind, as well as signs to Vivec, to make navigation easier.

I also like the "Book Jackets" modules, which add book jackets that are less fuzzy, and that often have the name of the book on the spine, as well as the alternate for some of the Book Jackets (like "Flora of Tamriel", which had a photo as the cover. Now it has lovely flower paper.)

Oh, and I absolutely love how the Dunmer pronounce their name "doon-MARE" as opposed to the Imperials, Bretons etc. "DUHN-Mare". (Though I'm not sure if they actually do so in game).

For completeness' sake:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael
Pronounced AHLD-Mary.[*NOTE: He's referring to the word "Aldmeri"] Means 'of the First Folk.' 'Old Mary' is a Colovian corruption, and joke.

Dwemer (the Dwarves) is DWAY-mare. Means 'Deep Folk.'

Dunmer (the Dark Elves) is doon-MARE. Means 'Dark Folk.' Colovian hicks say DUHN-merh, but the Dark Elves laugh at them or strike at them, depending upon the number of hicks present.

Chimer (precursor to Dunmer) is KY-mare. Means 'Changed Folk.' Oops! This is a secret..!

Altmer (High Elves) is AHLT-mare. Means 'High Folk.'

Bosmer (Wood Elves) is BO-mare. Means 'Green Folk.'

And, finally, Daedra is EITHER DAY-druh OR DEE-druh, depending upon your inclination. DEE-druh is the Dunmeri preference and, since they made up the word, will be more acceptable come TESIII. Means 'Our Stronger, Better Ancestors.'

- :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Yellow Tentacle 10-15-2006 10:47 AM

Broken Sword 4 The Angel of Death
Right now im at the Meat Factory :-)

Tiocfaidh 10-15-2006 03:43 PM

Replaying GABRIEL KNIGHT 2 for the third time :)

Chapter 2 - Schloss Ritter

It´s a great game

Only annoyance in chapter 1:

Spoiler:
Walkin back and forth between Übergau´s office and Hunt Club

Davies 10-19-2006 04:36 AM

I've just played The White Chamber, which I learned about on this very website!
http://www.adventuregamers.com/article/id,560

I can recommend it to anybody, or at least anybody who is attracted by the description "science-fiction horror". The graphics are stunning and the music very atmospheric. The puzzles are all logically solvable. And (apart from various ways of getting killed) there are two clear endings: "damned" or "redeemed".

I know the review mentions an "illogical" slant, especially referring to the assembling of certain items in a certain place for no obvious reason. Let me just say, without spoiling anything, that when you begin to collect these particular items it soon dawns on you that you need to combine them; and once you've realised that, you also realise there is only one suitable place to put them. Knowing what you need to do, but not knowing why, ends up replicating the feel of being driven by an unfathomable compulsion, and is all of a piece with the storyline.

The review's complaint about having to keep wandering back and forth is also a bit over the top. The setting is compact, with no destination more than three areas away. If you're like me, you tend to wander from place to place a lot anyway in an adventure, looking for inspiration.

The only turn-off for me was a rather gratuitous sprinkling of four-letter words that were not really called for. I wasn't offended, just a bit dismayed. There is also graphic gore, which might offend some people, but what are they doing playing a horror game?

I'm putting together a compilation CD-ROM of freeware games to send to my client editors for Christmas, and this one is definitely going on the list.

Putrid Moldyman 10-24-2006 04:46 PM

Warhammer 40k Dawn of War: Dark Crusade

An "expansion" (it's actually a stand-alone product) to my personal favorite RTS for the PC. As the Necrons, I've defeated two factions, the Chaos Marines and the Imperial Guard, in the game's campaign.

Okami

I'm about three hours in. It seems I've entered a Zelda-esque dungeon.

Bully

Chapter 2. Won the respect of the Bullies, the admiration of the nerds, but the jocks and preppies aren't fans.

MadTricks 11-12-2006 11:24 AM

Just started Still Life today....and im pleasantly suprised about this game.
Even more...im thrilled.
Atmosphere, cutscenes are just awesome. Voiceacting seems to be good, graphics too.
Whoa...I don't see why I haven't played it yet...
AG score 4.5/5 ...:P

RLacey 11-12-2006 04:52 PM

I'm still on Act I of Neverwinter Nights 2. Confound this university work preventing me from having time to play.

I've also just started Condemned. And Tunguska. And I'm still playing And Then There Were None...

vivasawadee 11-12-2006 07:01 PM

Bully : 30% completed

samIamsad 11-13-2006 12:17 AM

Full Throttle: Started yesterday. Finished: Yesterday, five hours or so later. I didn't remember the game was that short (it's been almost ten years). Great art direction though, and seeing leeetle rabbits dancing on a mine field to Ride of the Valkyries cracked me up. I couldn't remember that either.

Icewind DaleII: Chapter 5 (out of six). Cool battles, I expected it to be harder, though, after all the fuss regarding its level of difficulty. Maybe I'm just getting the hang of the 350+ or so spells that made it into these games, but I had a much harder time in BG2 and Throne Of Bhaal. What with their sometimes ridiculous and a little repetitive UBER-level cast-protection-spell/crack-protection-spell kind of battles, which could eat up hours of your precious life. Only to find out that you just made a fatal mistake and had to reload an earlier save. And again. And again. I still don't bother with all of 'em spells. A lot of them are a little redundant anyway, but hey, it's Deee Enn DEEEEEEH, so the freaks are gonna love to just have them in the game (and flame our forums to death if we dare not to include all of 'em)!

But hey, aren't they gonna do that anyway?

Yeah, but.. Ah, f&ck it. Toss em in!

P.S.: I like D&D video games. Most of them. I like Icewind Dale II, too.

LeisureSuitedLooney 11-13-2006 07:33 AM

In NWN2, reached Old Owl Well. Have been kickin' a$$ n takin' names! lol Gawd, killing Trolls n Orcs is soooooooo satisfying. Took the newest companion, the bard, along. His intro cutscene amused the hell outta me. Getting sick of Ironfist, though. Man, is he stubborn!

Panthera 11-18-2006 06:34 PM

I'm currently playing "Another Code" on my ds lite.. Just finished chapter two, and, though skeptical at first, I'm really starting to immerse myself in the story and the characters.

I've just read through the review of the game (this site's review) and though I agree with most of it, I can't quite see the interesting new puzzles this game has.. Most of the puzzles I've gone through so far are old classics, like the sliding puzzle..

My major complaint (so far) is that the touch screen recognition is terrible. I think I spent almost a quarter moving that *** rock, and I even looked up a walkthrough to see if I was really supposed to move it. I've had big problems with every "move or turn an object with your stylus" puzzle, with the exception of the iron ball one, witch actually worked well, and showed me how very, very bad my aim is..

Reflection 11-18-2006 07:39 PM

Bully...32.0% completed.

LeisureSuitedLooney 11-19-2006 04:12 AM

Wii Sports and Rayman Raving Rabbids...just started em last night at half past midnight...YAY!!! Got my Wii!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

insane_cobra 11-19-2006 08:50 AM

About to finish Undying (what a bore) and casually playing Mutant Storm (the original PC version).

Lucien21 11-19-2006 10:32 AM

Just finished Act 1 of Gears of War on Hardcore level.

Also in Year 2 of Grim Fandango.

MadTricks 11-19-2006 11:15 AM

Still Life

pretty much at the beginning, im at my fathers house.

vivasawadee 11-19-2006 08:23 PM

The Dig : At the Alien planet

Bully : 40%

Okami : some village somewhere

Yakuza : last chapter hopefully. Getting bored

Half Life 2 : 2nd time round but this time on a widescreen LCD :D

Reflection 11-22-2006 03:52 PM

52% Bully

CrimsonBlue 11-22-2006 03:59 PM

Final Fantasy XII. Shrine of Miriam, at the moment. Level 30 for all my characters. Well, all those I use that is.

Panthera 11-23-2006 06:45 AM

I'm playing Phoenix Wright.. About half way into the second case
Spoiler:
(I've just been arrested)