Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   General (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/general/)
-   -   Game you're playing. How far you are. (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/general/14062-game-youre-playing-how-far-you.html)

Dasilva 06-24-2006 02:41 AM

Half-Life 2 episode 1, half way through the 2nd chapter.

&

Command & Conquer (the Original), 3rd mission on GDI side.

insane_cobra 06-24-2006 10:58 AM

I succeeded getting Messiah to run properly and it's a surprisingly engaging game. The whole concept of changing bodies is fun and makes for some pretty puzzle-ish gameplay so it's unfortunate that combat is almost inhumanly hard. Those bastards rarely miss and poor controls and a horrible camera make it hard for you to shoot back. Thankfully, you can possess anyone at any time so when they kill your host, you just jump into someone else, but you're an easy target when changing bodies so you still end up dying a lot.

I don't know, I'll give it one more try and then decide whether to continue or forget about it.

insane_cobra 06-25-2006 06:21 AM

Yep, I'll continue playing, it's not that hard after some practice (especially if you take a stealthier approach) and the game is pretty addictive. Some platforming, some action, a bit of stealth and all generously sprinkled with puzzles, what more could you ask for? Okay, less technical problems and somewhat better controls, but at least I finally made it to run under XP. :)

trudysgarden 06-25-2006 10:03 AM

Ah, Bloodlines, what fun that one. I still spot Malkavians walking around my town occasionally. Not to mention Brujahs.

Currently playing Agon, in Madagascar in the treehouse.

Still stuck in Meat Circus in Psychonauts though I'm planning to tackle that and take care of it once and for all today. God help me.

RLacey 06-25-2006 12:31 PM

Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth

I've just been attacked at the hotel. The mood and the actual gameplay of this title are great, but unskippable cutscenes and save points really don't work together well.

Despite this, however, I'm going to say the following: everyone should play this game.

TM3 06-28-2006 01:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RLacey
Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth
Despite this, however, I'm going to say the following: everyone should play this game.

And I'll be sure to do that once I get a more powerful computer. Looks very interesting and it's good to see an FPS do something different than the usual blow @$&% up, uninspired main character, and shallow story garbage. :frusty:

Final Fantasy 8
Probably half-way through disk 2. Tried this game a couple of times but kept getting frusturated with the random battles and such. Now I'm really getting into it and grasping the gameplay mechanics such as the Junction system. Story is going well and can't wait to see how it all unfolds for Squall and the gang.

X-Men: Legends
Not a fan of the comics but I enjoyed the film adaptations...and this game so far. The team-based/brawler/realtime combat system is hell alot of fun. I'm at the Arbiter level where I got to rescue some crewmembers and so on.

kuze 06-28-2006 02:15 AM

Colin McRae Rally 05: I'm using this for the braindead moments of the day when I tune into Pandora and turn off the game sounds. Time goes by like butter. Currently playing 3rd stage of the career.

Bloodlines: Decided to replay the game, since I never made it to Chinatown before. Currently killing people for VV in Hollywood.

insane_cobra 06-28-2006 02:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TM3
Looks very interesting and it's good to see an FPS do something different than the usual blow @$&% up, uninspired main character, and shallow story garbage. :frusty:

It's not an FPS and not all FPSs have uninspired main characters and stories that are shallow garbage.

Spiwak 06-28-2006 02:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kuze
Bloodlines: Decided to replay the game, since I never made it to Chinatown before. Currently killing people for VV in Hollywood.

Ah...Loved that game. Probably in my top ten for RPGs, maybe even top five... What clan are you?

kuze 06-28-2006 02:52 AM

Tremere, with lots of points in melee, seduction and thaumaturgy. I also have a big hammer.

MadTricks 06-28-2006 08:01 AM

"The Longest Journey"
chapter 5-6

"TES3: Morrowind"
lvl8
beginning of the MQ

Dasilva 06-28-2006 11:16 AM

Finished HL2 Episode 1. And having a hard time with C&C, I dont remember it beign so hard...

Chaosphere 06-28-2006 12:00 PM

I'm currently replaying the chapters in Hitman: Blood Money, trying to get Silent Assasin on all of em. I'm also playing Gabriel Knight 3 and i'm on the Le Serpente Rouge-puzzle.

SoccerDude28 06-28-2006 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dasilva
Finished HL2 Episode 1.

How did you like it?

Quote:

Originally Posted by insane_cobra
I succeeded getting Messiah to run properly and it's a surprisingly engaging game. The whole concept of changing bodies is fun and makes for some pretty puzzle-ish gameplay so it's unfortunate that combat is almost inhumanly hard.

What is this Messiah game and when was it released? Is it like Omnikron or is it something completely different.

RLacey 06-28-2006 12:46 PM

Messiah was a game made by Shiny in 2000 that, if I remember correctly, trumpeted itself at the time as having some special, scaling, futureproof engine. Which was a big lie. The game, on the other hand, was fairly fun if unspectacular. And hard. I never got very far in it, anyway.

It's almost nothing like The Nomad Soul. It's a third-person action game with the occasional puzzle, with the nifty feature that you play a little cherub who can possess people ingame (and has to in order to solve the puzzles). If only the possession thing was a little easier to pull off.

insane_cobra 06-28-2006 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoccerDude28
What is this Messiah game and when was it released? Is it like Omnikron or is it something completely different.

Messiah was released in 2000 after many delays and months of relentless barrage from Shiny's hype machine. Arriving on the wings of phenomenal, yet much more action-oriented MDK, it was supposed to be a truly revolutionary game, both in concept and execution. However, it garnered rather lukewarm reviews once it finally hit the shelves. Much like Fable, it wasn't really a bad game, but after all the promisses people expected, well, the Messiah.

That, and initially it was full of bugs. It's been patched reasonably well, though, the only problems I encountered so far (after I got it running by setting the compatibility mode to Windows 2000 :crazy: ) were some random crashes mostly occuring after the cutscenes.

And to answer your other question, it's not really like Omikron. There are some platforming elements and maybe a bit more action to it, but it actually depends on the way you choose to play the game. I've seen it compared to Deus Ex in that regard, but I wouldn't know because Deus Ex still sits on my shelf unplayed................... Noooo, not on the head!

Anyway, this review should give you the basic idea.

EDIT: Oops, RLacey beat me by an hour, but I don't much agree with what he said so it's okay. :)

Oh, and the possesion couldn't be simpler, you just jump into someone (from any direction on easy, from the back and the sides on normal and from the back only on hard) and flap your wings a little.

Spiwak 06-29-2006 02:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kuze
Tremere, with lots of points in melee, seduction and thaumaturgy. I also have a big hammer.

Ah, well I'd say after playing the game that persuasion is more useful than seduction. But Thaumaturgy rocks anyway and with melee points you shouldn't have any problems. I was a Toreador with decent firearm skill and OK stealth skill and then a lot of points in seduction and persuasion and the awesome celerity. Towards the end of the game there a lot of long combat missions which took me forever, so I wouldn't recommend my build. I'm thinking of replaying it, probably as a Malkavian so I can have funny conversations.

MadTricks 06-29-2006 10:50 AM

still TLJ
today completed 3 chapters.
now im in 8.Chapter. Its like game gets better with every chapter...Arcadia is much cooler than Starks...I love to read April´s diary too, some cool sarcastic lines can be found there once in a while ;)
I loveed this puzzle underwater(chapter 7)....one of not so many in this game...
needed to share....

kuze 06-29-2006 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spiwak
Ah, well I'd say after playing the game that persuasion is more useful than seduction. But Thaumaturgy rocks anyway and with melee points you shouldn't have any problems. I was a Toreador with decent firearm skill and OK stealth skill and then a lot of points in seduction and persuasion and the awesome celerity. Towards the end of the game there a lot of long combat missions which took me forever, so I wouldn't recommend my build.

Funny, I took the same approach when playing Bloodlines for the first time, so I knew I had to tweak my build for fighting. Firearms are ridiculous in this game, I wish they took a less D&D-like approach for them.

Stoofa 07-01-2006 07:20 AM

I'm playing the new Mario Bros. I'm only in world 2.

I'm also playing Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town. It's so.boring. and yet I can't stop playing it. I wake up thinking, "Have my pineapples grown yet? Will Popuri be nice to me today? Maybe I can save up enough dough to buy a sheep!

"