Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   General (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/general/)
-   -   Game you're playing. How far you are. (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/general/14062-game-youre-playing-how-far-you.html)

JemyM 12-18-2006 04:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoccerDude28 (Post 373013)
How long did it take?

You can finish Oblivion in 2 days if you push it.

jacog 12-18-2006 04:30 AM

oblivion. we've been playing for a few weeks now and still haven't delivered that amulet... having too much fun with all the side quests... now we've added 'knights of the nine' too... oi what an awesome game... level 21 character now, mostly with +3 attribute level ups, so he's doing well even with the npc leveling the way it works.

JemyM 12-18-2006 06:07 AM

I finished all sidequests, the main quest, all official mods (except for Knights of the Nine that wasnt out at the time) and I made sure I got max bonus for every level except the first. It was difficult to max at first but became easier to keep the skills in control once my primary weapon and heal was maxed. I am planning to save Knights of the Nine until there's a larger expansion to the game.

Having said that, I prefer the Gothic approach when it comes to leveling/monster difficulty. You have free roaming just like before, but you hesitate to go into areas where you know there are monsters you cannot yet beat. I hope they take that approach for the next Elder Scrolls game. I also look forward to see how they can top Oblivion when it comes to graphics.

All in all it took me 3 weeks to finish everything in the game (using an alternate character for "evil" quests).

I upgraded the computer to be able to play it with top graphics. You can see some of the screenshots I took of the game here: 1024x768, if you click "Parent Directory" you can see them in full resolution (1920x1440).

Dasilva 12-18-2006 06:10 AM

I've been playing Oblivion for 6 months on and off. And I just finished the main quest, and got shit loads of side quests still. Although I think theres a bug in the game for some reason the fighters guild quest has screwed up.

I downloaded the Nights of the Nine and just played 5 min of that quest so far. :) I look forward to all the new content.

Kurufinwe 12-18-2006 06:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JemyM (Post 374384)
Having said that, I prefer the Gothic approach when it comes to leveling/monster difficulty. You have free roaming just like before, but you hesitate to go into areas where you know there are monsters you cannot yet beat.

Oscuro's Oblivion Overhaul makes the game work somewhat like that (on top of adding loads of monsters, bosses, items, a few quests and dungeons, etc.). I think it makes for a more interesting experience.

Jelena 01-03-2007 11:43 AM

I'm playing my first Sierra game: Gabriel Knight The Beast Within. I was really surprised to see it was filmed instead of a cartoon. I've just started Chapter two and so far almost everything has been going smoothly.

Hammerite 01-03-2007 01:03 PM

silent hill 2: director's cut

i've just used a fire escape in a flat complex to get into ANOTHER flat complex. i'm enjoying it so far, i like that you CAN run away from enemies if you want and how Pyramid Head just seems to appear and disappear leaving no sort of information as to who he (or she) is.

Cold-Factor 01-03-2007 09:38 PM

I've just completed the thoroughly excellent Xenosaga 3. A great game, if a bit confusing at first since I haven't played the first 2. Now I'm playing Final Fantasy X-2, and I'm on Chapter 3 doing some sidequests.

Crunchy in milk 01-03-2007 11:20 PM

Playing slowly through Geneforge 4: Rebellion and have downloaded the latest Dosbox to play through Albion, Heart of China and Veil of Darkness.

Tiocfaidh 01-04-2007 02:51 AM

Playing "GTA Liberty City Stories" on the PS2.
I have a great time :)
Liberty City is still my favourite GTA town !

I´ve completed the first couple of missions.
Now playing through all the Portland side missions.

I already finished/found:

Paramedic Level 12
Taxi Passengers 27/100
35/40 Hidden Packages
10/13 Unique Jumps
6/6 Rampages
SCOOTER SHOOTER
9MM MAYHEM
RC TRIAD TAKEDOWN
WONG SIDE OF THE TRACKS

ca. 15% completion (haven´t checked stats for a while)

Way to go !!! :devil:

wilco 01-04-2007 07:42 AM

Speaking of GTA, I'm playing San Andreas on the PC.

And I'm stunned on how big the game world is, the first time I left Los Santos and looked at the map... Incredible! I think I spent the first two hours with a bike doing insane jumps through the mountains.

One could wonder what Rockstar can do with GTA IV... a country? :) although they will probably be aiming for better instead of bigger...

On the actual story, I just learned to fly... and it's the only thing I hate about the game right now, but parachuting is cool!

insane_cobra 01-04-2007 09:56 AM

I started playing Escape From Hell, just for kicks. :)

JemyM 01-04-2007 11:54 PM

Divine Divinity
I cannot believe I missed this gem when it was first released. I expected an empty and generic Diablo clone, but instead it's filled over the edge with subquests, NPCs and excellent writing.

Avernum 2
I am not sure I will ever play this through since I considered the first "too long".

Space Rangers 2
Not really a game to be completed. Might stay on my harddrive for a long time to come.

Titan Quest
I was not planning to play this at all when my girlfriend wanted me to find something that worked in multiplayer. Titan Quest was probably the best choice.

Call of Juarez, Runaway 2, Sanitarium, Splinter Cell 4
I started to play them, now im waiting on updated nvidia drivers so I can play theese on 8800gtx. All three have severe graphics errors or even total freezeups.

MdaG 01-05-2007 03:13 AM

Oblivion - 40h into the game and lvl 13. Trying the get the amulet back ;)

Halo 2 - Playing as the arbiter and getting bored already... :\

Crunchy in milk 01-07-2007 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JemyM (Post 378503)
Divine Divinity
I cannot believe I missed this gem when it was first released. I expected an empty and generic Diablo clone, but instead it's filled over the edge with subquests, NPCs and excellent writing.

It's certainly a pretty game and there's plenty of sidequests. I didn't think the major story arc was all that special. I loved the gameplay, certainly. There really are a few gems out there that do the genre better than the fan favourite diablo/2.

I enjoyed Sacred (with the underworld expansion) even more than Divine Divinity, you might like to give that a try if you've not yet. I thoroughly enjoyed the character building as relates to managing and executing your powers (which have fluid 'cool down' periods based on character level, stats and power level).

Karmillo 01-07-2007 07:54 PM

Dead Rising - Im around day two when you need to go get some medicine. I actualy had to restart the game the first time I got to this cause it didnt give me a time limit and when I went to hand it in I realised I had missed the time limit for like 2 cases after it, thank god it lets you save Franks status and begin again with all your skills.

Ive actualy been playing better this time around managing my time better, so far Ive saved every hostage ottis has told me about...but I think theres some others that I havent been told about I may have missed.

samIamsad 01-07-2007 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crunchy in milk (Post 378260)

Tell me if you ever finish it. I only made it to an island inhabited by a Vikings- or Celts-like tribe or something... If there's any game that has even more text than "Torment", and IF doesn't really count, it's this one. :crazy: "Albion's" predecessor "Ambermoon" is one of the biggest, fattest, juiciest and best Amiga games ever.

UUW - The Stygian Abyss. Looking Glass are sorely missed.

JemyM 01-07-2007 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crunchy in milk (Post 379211)
It's certainly a pretty game and there's plenty of sidequests. I didn't think the major story arc was all that special. I loved the gameplay, certainly. There really are a few gems out there that do the genre better than the fan favourite diablo/2.

I enjoyed Sacred (with the underworld expansion) even more than Divine Divinity, you might like to give that a try if you've not yet. I thoroughly enjoyed the character building as relates to managing and executing your powers (which have fluid 'cool down' periods based on character level, stats and power level).

I play most RPG's and adventuregames although im actually not a huge fan of the diablo-style games. I did play through Sacred and Dungeon Siege 1+2+BW. So far I enjoyed Dungeon Siege II the most, thanks to more attention to companions, companion dialogue, sidequests and lots of additional story to flesh out the world. I will stick Sacred Underworld to "Play when youre out of games" list.

trudysgarden 01-08-2007 05:24 AM

I forgot about this thread :pan: . I spent months playing Oblivion and uncovering every cavern, etc. Now I'm just wrapping up the Knights of the Nine quest - my idiot companions keep running themselves through with my sword and getting killed. I hate that.

Tossing the dice later today to see what I'll play out of this group - Demon Stone, Indigo Prophesy, Baldur's Gate, Pain Killer, POP Warrior Within or Beyond Divinity. Wish me luck :devil:

happy trails,

Carolyn

phankiejankie 01-10-2007 03:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JemyM (Post 374358)
You can finish Oblivion in 2 days if you push it.

You mean the main quest only? Coz' if you finish the game 100% (all quests) in 2 days I will give you my collectors edition but I ain't paying no hospital to heal you up afterwards :)

170 hours of gameplay and rising, I am level 37 right now so no real challenge there but it's cool. I am finishing Daedric quests (5 remaining) and started the Fighters Guild quests which is the only guild I am no headmaster yet. I find the quests boring so far coz' I am more of the Dark Brootherhood/Thief type, go alone, sneak in, kill (optional) and leave without anyone taking notice…

I’ve regretted finishing the main quest because no more nice sigil stones for me now :( Unfortunately, the alter of enchanting produces less powerful weapons or armour. The only real challenge for me now is to come up with armour that is both nice to look at and powerful enough on the active effects level. I had a killer combination with 75% resist to magic and 100% fire resistance plus 50% damage and spell reflection but it looked like a damn carnival costume :9

I believe most of you are aware of the new Oblivion expansion "Shivering Isles" --> http://www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/elder...opten;_title;1