Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   General (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/general/)
-   -   Game you're playing. How far you are. (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/general/14062-game-youre-playing-how-far-you.html)

Hammerite 02-28-2010 12:26 PM

By tomorrow, I may have Silent Hill: Shattered Memories on the PSP - I hear it's actually available at some places in the UK, now?

Hammerite 03-03-2010 07:46 AM

Silent Hill: Shattered Memories

I am liking, thus far.
I was somewhat cynical about the idea of remaking the first game, but from this game, I can safely say that it is a genuinely interesting reinvention - that is putting a good focus on the explorative side of the previous games.
If the main canonical series continues, I would say that this game's focus on exploration would be a good area from which to progress (probably reintroducing combat, rather than mad running away sequences though). :)

Dale Baldwin 03-03-2010 03:28 PM

Heavy Rain. Finished it once, now going back to trying things different ways.

If you have a PS3, do yourself a favour and play this game.

Erwin_Br 03-04-2010 04:10 PM

I started playing Fahrenheit (or Indigo Prophecy). I know I'm a bit late to the party, but oh well...

First impressions: Clunky controls, annoying Simon Says sequences, confusing camera's in the indoor scenes (outdoor is doable), engaging characters, interesting plot, I like the quick decision making, convincing voice acting and animation.

AndreaDraco83 03-04-2010 04:37 PM

I'm still playing Mass Effect 2. I'm too tired to go into details, so I'll just say... amazing.

Intrepid Homoludens 03-04-2010 04:44 PM

:crazy: On my fourth playthrough of Dragon Age - female City Elf, Mage.

Bagged all companions except for Oghren. Alistair as boyfriend. Revived the Arl of Tight Pants (Eamon).

Fantasysci5 03-04-2010 08:05 PM

I swear, I have a love-hate relationship with the Sims 2. I'll become obsessed for awhile, then I'll become bored. Right now, I'm in the "obsessed" stage...:crazy:

SharonB 03-05-2010 03:45 AM

Currently playing GK2. Now in Chapter 5, The Lodge. Also, halfway thru Casebook 0.

Little Writer 03-05-2010 05:26 AM

I've started "Secret Files: Tunguska". Trying to figure out how to get the cat back in the kitchen. Already made the brailer (there's a word in the English voc I've never encountered before!), and filled the porcelain bowl with water, though haven't yet found an application for either. Don't tell me, though!

I love how the inventory is always on screen and immediately applicable; certainly beats always having to click on an icon to call it up, then choose an item, close the inventory, see if you can use it, and repeat the process a dozen times.

I love the realism of this game, graphics wise. Really refreshing after the cartoonish Sam & Max and Monkey Island. Nina is a great character. I didn't like the way her dad looks in the opening movie, all stiff, dead-eyed and devoid of facial muscles. But all the settings look like real places. It's not completely real, you can clearly see it's still a drawing, but there's a great attention to detail.

Puzzles were pretty straightforward so far. I missed the carpet's edge in the bedroom, then I guessed the combination (but I immediately understood where the last number came from once I got it). Now I'm stuck, so I guess I'll just have to look around some more to try stuff, because I've already tried every intuitive idea.

AprilLives 03-06-2010 05:36 PM

Heavy Rain

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dale Baldwin (Post 540800)
Heavy Rain. Finished it once, now going back to trying things different ways.

If you have a PS3, do yourself a favour and play this game.

Actually, I was inspired to finally buy a PS3 today ... mainly so I could play this game. I heard so many good things about it and I'm just past the introduction. It really IS awesome. The realism is amazing!

D.C. 03-07-2010 04:44 PM

After Heavy Rain definitely check out the Uncharted games. You (probably) won't be sorry. :D There's a demo for Uncharted 2 on PSN.

I'm back on Dragon Age. Changing my ending in preparation for the expansion pack.

booB 03-07-2010 04:50 PM

Titan Quest... I finally killed the Manticore for the first time! Woohoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HaroldO 03-08-2010 11:09 AM

Final Fantasy VI (Playstation): 43 hours of game so far.
Spoiler:
I have all 14 characters around level 41 and I'm finishing sidequests before heading to Kefka's Tower. I completed all but the tower of fanatics and the about strago avenging his friend. By the time I finish those at least Celes, Terra and Relm should already learned the best spells (Quick, Pearl, Ultima, Meteor, Life 3, Cure 3, Fire 3, Bolt 3, Ice 3...)

The Longest Journey (Windows): I'm taking this replay really slow, playing only a few minutes everyday. I stopped at Chapter 6.

Plants vs Zombies (Windows) I've already finished and have 75% of the Steam Achievements unlocked. I just play it to pass time occasionally and to get coins from my zen garden.

Denaron 03-09-2010 08:25 AM

I've started Assassins Creed 2 today. I've just finished the first memory "block". Bello Gioco!

Jelena 03-10-2010 10:50 AM

Just started Still Life 2. Too early to pass any judgments.

AndreaDraco83 03-10-2010 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Denaron (Post 541397)
I've started Assassins Creed 2 today. I've just finished the first memory "block". Bello Gioco!

It's Bel Gioco ;)

In Italian, some adjectives, before a masculine singular form of a noun, lose their final sounds.

Denaron 03-10-2010 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndreaDraco83 (Post 541556)
It's Bel Gioco ;)

In Italian, some adjectives, before a masculine singular form of a noun, lose their final sounds.

Ops, sorry! :P

I knew I shouldn't trust too much on google translator! :D Thanks for the information, though. :)

Little Writer 03-11-2010 02:05 AM

Secret Files: Tunguska - reached the cabin after making the man in the tent some medicine. I really like this game and its realistic graphics, though some puzzles are really maddening and I just solved them by pure luck (the safe? the coins?) I guess they're there to prevent people from going through the game too fast; I have this feeling there's not much playtime left and I'm heading toward the ending already, though I hope I'm mistaken.

Gledster 03-11-2010 06:28 AM

Currently coming to the end of Dreamfall: The Longest Journey. It's been a good game but these final few sequences are proving to be over VERY quickly, with little interaction from me.

Shame as I REALLY enjoyed The Longest Journey and want lots more!

colpet 03-11-2010 06:51 AM

I have 4 games on the go:
Myst V - have finished Taghira
Uru - have done the 4 ages plus the Path.
Trace Memory - on chapter 4
Professor Layton Diabolical Box - finished about 27 puzzles.