Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   General (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/general/)
-   -   Game you're playing. How far you are. (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/general/14062-game-youre-playing-how-far-you.html)

Intrepid Homoludens 09-10-2010 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammerite (Post 559212)
Having just discovered the Playstation Store on the PSP, I am going to find me a 4gb memory stick (my current one is too small - aw shucks) and get MGS and FFIX.
Oh yes.

Download the demo for Echochrome and see if it agrees with you. If yes the full game is available from the store.

The original Silent Hill is also for sale for something like $6 (USD).

Hammerite 09-10-2010 03:00 PM

A game inspired by M.C. Escher? I think I may have to. :D

Thanks for the recommendation. :)

Niko 09-16-2010 07:27 AM

Drakensang The Dark Eye currently in the Marshes area, helped the mage, and going to see the boss Lady i rescued before i leave back to the City :)

Lucien21 09-19-2010 12:42 PM

About 8 hours into the latest Prof Layton game.

Lot of fun.

jbunniii 09-19-2010 01:13 PM

Currently playing Simon the Sorcerer, not sure how far I am but have solved some clever puzzles so far, e.g. pigs like to eat truffles...

Crunchy in milk 09-22-2010 06:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SamandMax (Post 556690)
I've been playing The Saboteur a lot lately and I love it, it really got overlooked when it came out and it's probably Pandemic's best (and unfortunately last) game.

This game is gorgeous. Dripping with style and still fun to play. I'm sure it gets shelved under GTA clone too easily by many, when its got loads more going for it.

When I say this game is gorgeous I don't mean it looks damn pretty, I mean everything about it is gorgeous. The cars, the music, the effects, the camera (moveable dialogue camera that's worth a damn!), the gun play, the women (...and the gents). And the whole damn game is one giant, beautiful jungle gym. You can run and zip across nearly every roof, fluid and near effortless.

Mirror's edge without the motion sickness, GTA with old world charm, Hitman type mission freedom, and the world reacts visually to your every success in such a charming way.

Do yourself a favour and check this game out. More than just a video, more than just some screenshots. Saboteur brings it all together with an eye to loving detail.

stevemy12 09-26-2010 10:52 PM

I am playing Mario 8 and just started playing it

Intense Degree 09-27-2010 01:00 AM

Civilization V

Not had a lot of time to get into this yet, due to being busy and trying to catch up on the Sanitarium community playthrough, but from what I have played, I like it!

Takes a bit of a while to get used to the hexagonal tiles but it looks good and plays well. Once again things look like they've changed enough to present new challenges, with only one unit per tile and the happyness system that I haven't really worked out yet, whilst keeping the basic game mechanics which make this series great. This iteration seems to be a little bit more combat focused than the last two, although science, diplomacy etc. still play their important parts.

Now Gray Matter has been delayed again, I look forward to investing far too much time into this game over the coming weeks/months!

If you really like the series you probably already have it, but I would recommend it to anyone who likes stratergy/world building games.

Niko 10-02-2010 04:54 AM

Just started.....http://asset01.metaboli.fr/repositor...jpg?1285938268 very good so far, Indiana Jones meets Broken Sword! :9~

Phenomsandwich 10-10-2010 12:23 PM

http://webassetsb.scea.com/pscomauth...me-tn-3951.jpg

Been playing that a lot lately. Didn't beat it, but the music is great.

Dwagginz 10-10-2010 12:31 PM

The Witcher: Enhanced Edition - I enjoy it, but I'm struggling with getting around to picking it back up.
Dreamfall: The Longest Journey - Again, enjoying it, but it's not great.
Red Alert 3 - Feel like giving up with it. Not great at RTS games, to be honest.
GTA IV - Last mission is doing my head in. Given up for now.
King's Bounty: Crossworlds - Just more of the same. Not really "playing" it as such, mind you.
Star Wars: Battlefront II - Same as KB:C.
Eschalon: Book II - Not really given it a lot of time, but it's not really "grabbed" me.
Drakensang - I really need to give this a proper go. I keep trying, but I just need to sit down and play it.

Phew :p

Crunchy in milk 10-12-2010 09:47 AM

Tomb Raider: Underworld.

Since I got TR:Legend for free with Guardian of Light, I ran through it for laughs. Despite confirming everything I hated about the TR formula (camera deaths, terrible combat) I was curious to see how the story ended. I decided to skip Anniversary and jump right to Underworld to see the plot's conclusion.

Underworld is beautiful to look at and leaps and bounds more fun to play than Legend. I begin to hate any completionist tendencies as I spend ages looking for everywhere Lara can go in a level and still wind up many treasures short of a full set. Both treasures and parkour elements are much better hidden in Underworld. I can see myself going back with a walkthrough later, to get them all.

The combat is still terrible though. After the string of cover shooters I've recently played (ME2, The Saboteur, Mafia 2) I find myself completely unused to old school DIY cover and being rushed by opponents. Combat animations are also terrible with characters striking truly weird, how-does-their-spine-do-that poses or pulling The Exorcist head turns.

I just want to turn off enemies completely and 'finger bang' ... my keyboard, exploring. Much more satisfying than shooting cloned minions, spiders, sharks and those poor, poor tigers.

Also: Lara is the hottest 42 year old woman I've ever seen.

jbunniii 10-12-2010 12:28 PM

Dark Fall: The Journal. I'm not sure how far into it I am. I finally got into the room that contains the journal and so now I have some idea what is going on and a vague idea how to proceed. I solved a couple of the puzzle boxes and still have some other puzzles to work on, then from what I can tell there are some trials I have to undergo...

Really nice game so far, very atmospheric.

Dwagginz 10-12-2010 01:30 PM

I'm on... Uh... Chapter 10 of Dreamfall now.

Oh, and I'm replaying Fallout 3 on/off.

Niko 10-27-2010 03:10 AM

Fallout New vegas - Not got too far as i have started over a couple of times :D

Dwagginz 10-27-2010 02:33 PM

Finished Dreamfall.

I did a sad :(

Lucien21 11-07-2010 11:07 AM

Playing Force Unleashed II and found a Guybrush Threepwood character model in the game.

Guybrush Kicks force power ass.

Foinikas 11-08-2010 05:50 AM

I started playing Black Mirror and I'm at the beginning of the game.

jdenicholls 11-15-2010 11:12 AM

Discworld 2: Mortality Bytes. Half way through the second act and have to say its wearing a bit thin on me, but I have to finish it so I can review it. Definitely not as good as Discworld Noir.

HeBuguM 11-16-2010 01:32 PM

Gray Matter, just complete first chapter