Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Chit Chat (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/chit-chat/)
-   -   Now playing (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/chit-chat/7339-now-playing.html)

samIamsad 10-24-2005 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by squarejawhero
Boards Of Canada - The Campfire Headphase

I've heard they sound somewhat similar to Air or Dntel. Wanted to check it out.

Quote:

Bought and downloaded from bleep.com!

Pffffffff. Nothing beats the beauty of a nice record. :D

The Appleseed Cast - Fight song. Pan me, I'm feeling emo today. :r

samIamsad 11-03-2005 12:49 PM

Story Of The Year - In the wake of determination (album). No masterpiece, but after lots and lots and lots of Screamo crap a pleasant surprise. Produced by Steve Evetts, who also produced those goddamn awesome Snapcase records (one of the best HC bands. Ever). The riff at the beginning of "'Is this my fate?' he asked them" reminds of Metallica's "Master of puppets" or "Blackened". Funny. :D Just finished my review. I'm gonna light a cigarette.

samIamsad 11-03-2005 01:36 PM

Thrice - Vheissu. Holy crap! They've changed their sound COMPLETELY. Cool!... It's good to see them back, since "The artist of the ambulance" wasn't that good (waaaaaay too formulaic) at all. It'll be exciting how this one will be received. As said.. this is something completely different. I'll stop posting now.. But hey it's "New records" day. :D

Gknight 11-03-2005 01:55 PM

Fable: The Lost Chapter interesting game. The opening part of the game has a certain event that let's you decide which direction your character could turn out. The game is filled with mini quests I'm not sure if they are all required.

Melanie68 11-04-2005 08:41 PM

I just bought The Immaculate Collection from Madonna. It's her greatest hits from '83-'90 when I thought she was her best. I just haven't been able to get into her newer stuff.

Gknight 11-05-2005 12:52 PM

Shame by The Motels. Sorry about the last post didn't know you meant music.

Talas 11-05-2005 02:26 PM

I'm listening to Del The Funky Homosapien - Both Sides of the Brain. The album is pretty cool, he's one of the few rappers I can stand.

RLacey 11-05-2005 02:29 PM

I'm listening to The Remains of Tom Lehrer, which isn't really an album but is a compilation of old albums.

Not that it's really "popular" music anymore :frown:...

Ninth 11-07-2005 03:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gknight
Shame by The Motels. Sorry about the last post didn't know you meant music.

It's kinda confusing, isn't it?

Anyway, I've tried Eisbrecher, by... Eisbrecher, since I was in a Rammstein mood. Seems ok, but nothing extraordinary.

seebaruk 11-08-2005 01:30 AM

Oasis, discography. Reliving my schooldays.

samIamsad 11-14-2005 12:24 AM

Chiodos - One day, all women will become monsters. Straightjacket Core from the good old US of A.

Zanthia 11-16-2005 12:28 PM

blind guardian-battlefield

adventurefan 11-18-2005 08:12 AM

The White Stripes' Denial Twist single (with a rather good cover, one of the White Stripes better covers)

And right now, the new Franz Ferdinand album, which is making me very happy (and making me dance in my chair!) as it's reminding me of seeing them live on Wednesday. :D They were great live!

samIamsad 11-21-2005 11:50 PM

JR Ewing - Maelstrom. Yeah. One of the coolest Scandinavian rock bands you've never heard of.

Maybe if someone shot them, they'd get the attention they really deserve (NME)

mouse on mars 11-22-2005 12:02 AM

well

I'm currently playing old games from my Amiga 1200 computer on a emulator.

I'm playing Zeewolf 2 at the moment. It's a mix between the mission based shooting tasks of Desert Strike and the 3d patchwork kind of view of Virus (but with extra stratefic vehicles and a mouse control). It's awesome!:D

I'm also playing a lot of Guardian. It's a 3d version of defender with flips and missiles and lasers and it's more awesome then Zeewolf (Zeewolf sounds cooler though:P ).

Zeeeeeeeeeeewooooooollllllfffffff

oops wrong forum.

Well musically I'm playing Mule Variations by Tom Waits.

samIamsad 11-22-2005 12:03 AM

Yeah. I like you nickname, though. :P

Intrepid Homoludens 11-27-2005 01:54 PM

:crazy: big R just put on Scissor Sisters' Take Your Mama.

(he mixes music for his spinning classes he teaches every week)

Intrepid Homoludens 11-27-2005 02:05 PM

:shifty: Shit. Now he put on Natalie Merchant's Because The Night. I HATE that version, she completely and utterly castrates it, she's too f#&king vanilla for that song. And the violin part is pathetic!

I miss Patti Smith! WAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!

:frown: hold me.

RLacey 11-27-2005 02:32 PM

Still The Remains of Tom Lehrer for me. I like to write essays to the sound of someone singing stupid songs :D.

samIamsad 11-28-2005 02:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens
I miss Patti Smith! [I
WAAAAAAAAAA!!!!![/I]

:frown: hold me.

If you let me.. ;)

I Can Make A Mess Like Nobody's Business - But when the little fellow came close, and put both arms around his mother, and kissed her in an appealing boyish fashion, she was moved to tenderness

Don't look at me like that! :D Cute. So cute. (audio / my review :P )