Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Chit Chat (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/chit-chat/)
-   -   Now playing (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/chit-chat/7339-now-playing.html)

100ja a.k.a. mr_mitja 06-18-2005 03:36 AM

In other news: currently listening to Kraftwerk: "Die Roboteur" and other gems from their "Die Mensch-Maschine" album.

Watcher of the skies 06-18-2005 04:58 AM

As far as Johnny Cash covers go, I preferred his version of Soundgarden's Rusty Cage.

And who can argue with Wall of Voodoo's version of Ring of Fire.

That is all. Dismissed.

Mike

Igor 06-18-2005 05:48 AM

Franz Ferdinand.. what a great, great album :)

Manhunter71 06-18-2005 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Watcher of the skies
As far as Johnny Cash covers go, I preferred his version of Soundgarden's Rusty Cage.

Mike

What? :crazy:
How can Johnny Cash cover "Rusty Cage"?
I can understand "Hurt" as it is quite a melodic song, but "Rusty Cage" is pure rock!
I really can't see how he can make this song believable, but I am downloading it as I type, and hopefully I will be pleasantly surprised!
He made an excellent cover of "Hurt", so maybe He will do the same for "Rusty Cage" :D

Sage 06-18-2005 06:01 PM

Johnny Cash actually started off in Rock&Roll, and was part of the "Million Dollar Quartet" (Elvis Presley, Jerry Lee Lewis, Carl Perkins, and Johnny Cash) who were originally signed by Sam Phillips to Sun Records in Memphis.
Although photos exist of a "jam session" with all four of these men, no recordings of that session have ever surfaced.

ScottMate

insane_cobra 06-19-2005 12:56 AM

I prefer Soundgarden's version of Rusty Cage.

np: Alexis Strum - Nothing Good About This Goodbye

What a nice pop song... [sigh][/sigh]

samIamsad 06-19-2005 02:39 AM

Sometree - Nosebleed. :\ By the time I listened to this an awful lot, my grandpa died.. Shivers down my spine!

samIamsad 06-19-2005 08:31 AM

As I Lay Dying - Shadows are security.

Yeah, make some f$%cking noise! :devil:

Aj_ 06-19-2005 03:42 PM

Mindless Self Indulgence - Shut Me Up
"I like my coffee black just like my metal"
Mindless Self Indulgence - You'll Rebel To Anything (As Long As It's Not Challenging)
http://www.mindlesscrackers.com/modu...owpage&pid=137

I really like the music, and the lyrics are IMO superb, the singer has been described as "sings like a girl and a guy, at the SAME time." which is incredible, and excellent.

They have toured with Korn, System of a Down, Rammstein, ICP, Orgy, and Staind.

Ninth 06-20-2005 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thrift Store Scott
Who but Johnny Cash could do justice to a Nine Inch Nails song? If I recall correctly, Trent Reznor was very flattered by Johnny's desire to cover the song, and help out on the production.
Has anyone besides me heard Blondie's cover of Johnny Cash's "Ring Of Fire"?

Never heard of it... Thats interesting, because I'm crazy about Blondie and I like Johnny Cash a lot. :)

insane_cobra 06-20-2005 01:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aj_
Mindless Self Indulgence - Shut Me Up
I really like the music, and the lyrics are IMO superb, the singer has been described as "sings like a girl and a guy, at the SAME time." which is incredible, and excellent.

Yeah, Mindless Self Indulgence can be fun. Do they still exist? Haven't heard anything about them in years.

np: The Killers - Mr. Brightside (Thin White Duke Remix)

A simple yet effective remix, I love it.

Aj_ 06-20-2005 04:36 AM

Quote:

Yeah, Mindless Self Indulgence can be fun. Do they still exist? Haven't heard anything about them in years.
New album was released 2005.

Manhunter71 06-20-2005 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thrift Store Scott
Johnny Cash actually started off in Rock&Roll, and was part of the "Million Dollar Quartet" (Elvis Presley, Jerry Lee Lewis, Carl Perkins, and Johnny Cash) who were originally signed by Sam Phillips to Sun Records in Memphis.
Although photos exist of a "jam session" with all four of these men, no recordings of that session have ever surfaced.

ScottMate

Oh MY GOD!!!

How cool was that? I just downloaded the Johnny Cash version of "Rusty Cage" and I have to say I am well impressed!!!

Can Johnny Cash record a bad song? I don't think so!!

As much as I love Soundgarden (one of my favourite bands) - the Johnny Cah cover of "Rusty Cage" is absolutely amazing!!!

Intrepid Homoludens 06-20-2005 09:29 PM

Texas - Inner Smile

insane_cobra 06-21-2005 02:09 AM

Hilary Duff - Come Clean

samIamsad 06-21-2005 07:32 AM

Darkest Hour - With a thousands words to say but one

And I thought I outgrew that At The Gates soundalike sound *years* ago. :D

Talas 06-21-2005 08:02 AM

Gorillaz - 12D3

gillyruless 06-21-2005 08:54 AM

Simon and Garfunkel - Old friends (from the The Concert in Central Park CD)

It always cracks me up to hear Paul Simon acknowledging the little people who do good for the city but don't get recognized - the guys who are selling loose joints are donating half of their income tonight!

insane_cobra 06-21-2005 10:34 AM

Mutronium - I'm All Over You

Now, this is ripping off Pixies so much that it's embarrassing.

insane_cobra 06-22-2005 01:56 AM

Einmusik - Jittery Heritage (Short)

Had a completely crazy time dancing (and wooing one of my friends, ouch!) last night, this song was one of the early highlights. DJ played it right after that Killers remix from a few posts ago, what a combo!