Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Chit Chat (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/chit-chat/)
-   -   Recent Splurges (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/chit-chat/17195-recent-splurges.html)

Not A Speck Of Cereal 04-22-2008 08:09 PM

And?

Jatsie 04-25-2008 10:07 AM

It was the UK launch of Wii Fit today, and I impulsively bought it. Well, it was less impulse, and more panic buying. Everywhere on the internet had sold out weeks ago, and when I saw one in a Game store I grabbed it. I thought it looked interesting, yet hadn't really decided if I wanted one, sure it's gimmicky which I like, but it's basically exercise, and how much fun can that be? Anyway, I couldn't stand the possibility of deciding I wanted one at a later date, and them being sold out by then, so I had to have it. The shame of being reduced to one of those pitiful people who have to wait for the second batch to be made, would be far too much for me to bear.

Jazhara7 04-25-2008 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jat316sob (Post 467000)
It was the UK launch of Wii Fit today, and I impulsively bought it. Well, it was less impulse, and more panic buying. Everywhere on the internet had sold out weeks ago, and when I saw one in a Game store I grabbed it. I thought it looked interesting, yet hadn't really decided if I wanted one, sure it's gimmicky which I like, but it's basically exercise, and how much fun can that be? Anyway, I couldn't stand the possibility of deciding I wanted one at a later date, and them being sold out by then, so I had to have it. The shame of being reduced to one of those pitiful people who have to wait for the second batch to be made, would be far too much for me to bear.

If it's any consolation, it's not real exercise. They don't even instruct you on warm up exercises. It's still better than sitting and playing in front of the TV, though.

- :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Ninja Dodo 04-26-2008 02:16 AM

My Graphire tablet died on me recently, so I went and got this baby:

http://www.ninjadodo.net/temp/wacom_intuos3_a5_a.jpg

I use one at work, so I'm familiar with its degree of awesomeness, but it's nice to have for one for my own projects.

D.C. 05-01-2008 10:31 PM

Today I bought season one of 30 Rock. Haven't seen many eps, but loved what I have seen.

Trader 05-10-2008 09:45 AM

I just bought a PS3 bundle pack [Grand Theft Auto] for my nephew, he is doing a building apprenticeship and is doing very well so this his reward [he isnt very acedemic but he tries]

D.C. 05-10-2008 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trader (Post 468284)
I just bought a PS3 bundle pack [Grand Theft Auto] for my nephew, he is doing a building apprenticeship and is doing very well so this his reward [he isnt very acedemic but he tries]

Oh, man. You've got to be one of the greatest aunts ever! I bet you earned some serious street cred there. :D

Not A Speck Of Cereal 05-11-2008 08:26 PM

A new TV (and a Blu-ray player). Wow.

Erwin_Br 05-18-2008 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ninja Dodo (Post 467060)
My Graphire tablet died on me recently, so I went and got this baby:

http://www.ninjadodo.net/temp/wacom_intuos3_a5_a.jpg

I use one at work, so I'm familiar with its degree of awesomeness, but it's nice to have for one for my own projects.

Niiiice. I'm tempted to ditch my Graphire for that one. :D

--Erwin

Melanie68 05-23-2008 07:04 PM

I really shouldn't have, but I've been going back and forth about getting an MP3 player and I finally got this one:

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a2...ansaFuzeGI.jpg

It isn't fancy but it was about $100 for 4GB and you can expand it with a microSD card. I've never had earbuds and I already hate them. They don't stay in my ears! Is there a trick to that?

D.C. 05-23-2008 07:56 PM

That's a nice looking player! I'm not fond of the buds either. (My iPod ones give a subtle crackle for some reason.) If you don't like them you can always get a quality pair of the other kind. They'll probably stand out more than the buds, but are definitely more comfortable.

Speaking of recent splurges, I just bought the Braun CruZar 4. I've been meaning to get an electric razor for a while now and this one has everything I need. (Mainly styling and trimming options instead of just a clean shave, although it can do that too. I like the stubble look. :D Hmmm, a little to much information?)

tsa 05-23-2008 08:22 PM

I also don't like earbuds and I bought a normal pair of headphones instead.

Yesterday I slurged on a 2 GB SD card for only 7 euros. Now I can make an insane amount of pictures on my trip to Sweden in July.

Kolzig 05-24-2008 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jazhara7 (Post 458895)
I feel your pain. My monitor came with one dead pixel that burns bright green *all* the time.

And thanks to my father, it has a scratch on the screen. :( It's not deep, but still noticeable.

- :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

I've tried to fix the red pixel with sofware methods but I still should try the other two possible ways. The pressure method and tapping method. I really would like to get rid of the bright burning red pixel.

My recent splurges include buying couple of plane tickets. :)
Oh and back in March I finally got myself a decent tv, Samsung 32" tv with both cabel and antella digibox inside it.

Jazhara7 05-24-2008 01:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Melanie68 (Post 469709)
It isn't fancy but it was about $100 for 4GB and you can expand it with a microSD card. I've never had earbuds and I already hate them. They don't stay in my ears! Is there a trick to that?

Those earbuds look huge - maybe that's the problem.

- :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

tsa 05-24-2008 04:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jazhara7 (Post 469749)
Those earbuds look huge - maybe that's the problem.

I think they are photoshopped in Jaz :D

tsa 05-26-2008 09:06 AM

Today I splurged on my trip to Sweden with my father in July. We go first to Stockholm and then to Norrköping. I booked and paid for the flights and the hotels. I have to go back to the travel agency to book a car too.

Jelena 05-27-2008 08:10 AM

Yesterday I bought the 6th season of Star Trek Voyager which means I have the whole series. I started out by getting the 7th season to watch the ending as I had missed it when it still was on TV in Sweden. Then I just started buying season after season.
I'm not sure whether I'll continue buying DS9 after this or just stick to my Voyager series. I know what Mr J thinks about my splurges. :P

Lucien21 06-01-2008 05:04 AM

Last month I worked a ton of overtime for the year end so decided to treat myself......

http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/3...odtouchly6.jpg

Ipod Touch is cool.

Trumgottist 06-01-2008 05:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ninja Dodo (Post 467060)

I can only agree that it's great, except that the drivers for Vista have some trouble. When starting up the computer from "sleep", I have to unplug / replug the tablet to get it working properly. (Otherwise it just acts as a generic mouse.)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucien21 (Post 470453)
Ipod Touch is cool.

I'll wait for the 3G version of it to be released in Sweden later this year. (Unless it's horribly expensive or tied to an unreasonable subscription.)

tsa 06-01-2008 11:50 AM

Yesterday I splurged on a new electric razor: http://www.projexml.com/41/resim_buy...8060038816.jpg

I was sick of the Braun I had for a few months. It only got the short hairs and not the long ones. This Philips razor is much better.