Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   AG Underground - Freeware Adventures (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/ag-underground-freeware-adventures/)
-   -   A poll: Are fangames bad, by definition? (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/ag-underground-freeware-adventures/12798-poll-fangames-bad-definition.html)

Dasilva 01-16-2006 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens
How come you never post in Chit Chat?

His too obsessed with making people hate fan games. :P

Dale Baldwin 01-16-2006 01:05 PM

Dasilva, you may be trying to be funny, but you're coming over as incredibly obnoxious.

Squinky 01-16-2006 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AudioSoldier
You'd have to be pretty pretentious to pass off a viedogame as art.

You're just saying that because Roger Ebert told you to, right? ;)

AudioSoldier 01-16-2006 01:52 PM

Intrepid, Chit Chat seems like yet another off-topic forum, something I'm not interested in participating in.

Edit: I lie, I just have.

Krazy 01-18-2006 12:51 AM

You've certainly taken the time to post in this thread quite a bit, just wondering why you haven't voted in the poll yet AudioSoldier ;)

AudioSoldier 01-19-2006 09:35 AM

Maybe later.

the gnome 01-19-2006 09:53 AM

Telling someone he's pretentious is a totally cheap way of not giving a counter-argument. Because it's you Audiosoldier I won't get rude, as I think I generally like you...

But I will be waiting for a decent answer (you know.. using arguments and stuff)...

Before you explain to us if video games are (or can be or aren't) art... tell me... Do you consider comix an art? Movies? Terminator 2?

Make your answer a good one... Philosophy of Art is a pretty strong interest of mine...

gnome

JohnGreenArt 01-19-2006 03:53 PM

I don't think whether something is art is synonymous with whether it's good or bad.

the gnome 01-19-2006 04:55 PM

Quote:

I don't think whether something is art is synonymous with whether it's good or bad.
Well, I absolutely agree with you and never claimed such a thing.... But how would you decide if something is art?

By the way, how do you decide if something is good or bad? Do you think you usually reach conclusions that can be considered 'objective'?

Lain 01-19-2006 07:35 PM

Fan games are limited in terms of time, budget, etc put into them, but that does not make them bad persay. It really depends on what you want in a game.

Would I spend money on them? No.

Would I spend hours playing one of them? Yes, depending on the game.

Squinky 02-12-2006 01:16 PM

Things have gotten mighty quiet since AudioSoldier left us...

the gnome 02-12-2006 03:07 PM

Yes, it is quiet... Let's hope he'll soon come back and breathe new life to this thread.