Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Hint Requests and Technical Problems (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/hint-requests-technical-problems/)
-   -   Gray Matter Help (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/hint-requests-technical-problems/28044-gray-matter-help.html)

Bakhtosh 05-23-2011 01:04 PM

Which location is still written in golden letters?
This tells you where to find the last to points.

I guess it's in the library. Can you check if you have really read all articles at the library computer. You get 2 points for most of them. Have you already talked to the librarian?

nNikita 05-23-2011 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bakhtosh (Post 581169)
Which location is still written in golden letters?
This tells you where to find the last to points.

I guess it's in the library. Can you check if you have really read all articles at the library computer. You get 2 points for most of them. Have you already talked to the librarian?

I just had to exit and enter the library a few times to get it working - don't think that was part of the game but hey, glad it worked.

I'm at Chapter 6 now. Thanks!

tsa 05-23-2011 07:26 PM

Strange. Well, anyway, have fun playing!

nNikita 05-23-2011 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsa (Post 581181)
Strange. Well, anyway, have fun playing!

Thanks, I just finished it!

BoxFreind 06-05-2011 06:53 PM

Im stuck at the end of Chapter 4. I'm at 87% for "there's always a plant" and 100% for everything else. I've read through the walkthroughs and it appears I've done EVERYTHING. NO cutscene when I exit to the St. Edmund Hall Quad. What is going on? Is it a glitch? Does anyone have a save that's JUST BEFORE the end-of-chapter cutscene? This is getting really frustrating! :\

mcurty 06-13-2011 12:22 PM

I had the same problem with Chapter 4 -- "Plant" objective was 128/141 and I could not find Dr. Styles to complete the dialogue with him.

Discovered from previous save that when I talked to Dr. Styles, my "water" objective was only 41/43. Therefore, my conversation with Dr. Styles did not complete.

I went back to a save early in the chapter and played it over. It went very fast by skipping dialogue and knowing where to go etc.

Make sure your "Water" objective is 100% before talking to Dr. Styles.

Pinni 01-26-2012 11:40 PM

I'm stuck at chapter 4. I can't get into room 302. I start the magic trick as usual, put the help-yelling thing into the pink toilet paper and slip it under the door. I take out the controller and try to use it on the door, but Sam says she doesn't think this'll work.

I've checked the door 202's lock.

I've tried loading from a previous save, and even reinstalled the game, but no luck.

chsmt 01-27-2012 12:45 AM

Pinni - from memory you click on the Proctor (he should have the top hat magic trick icon), and Sam will use the remote automatically as part of the trick.

Pinni 01-27-2012 12:48 AM

This only makes Sam say "I can do that trick, but I'll need to get set up for it first".

There's only the eye-icon, no top hat icon when I point the proctor, because I've already started the magic trick.

fov 01-27-2012 09:26 AM

Did you try using the remote on the proctor?

Pinni 01-27-2012 11:19 PM

I did.

I borrowed a save game from the game's official forum, but I'd still like to find a solution for this one for the re-run. :)

Bakhtosh 01-30-2012 12:15 PM

After you've sliped the wrapped noise maker under the door you simply have to leftclick at the remote in the inventory (make sure it's not in Sam's hand) instead of using the remote on something or someone else.

jydemagt89 04-03-2012 11:48 AM

Help

Can someone help me.

Im stuck on chapter 2. I have 100% in everything. but i dont move on to chapter 3. What to do?

teme 05-16-2012 05:40 AM

Have any of you played this on Xbox 360? There's a "Play it through under 5 hours" achievement, and I thought I play this again to get that. However, I'd rather play it without extra hurry, to see cutscenes and all the dialogue, but how long does the normal walkthrough take? Do I have to skip everything to keep it under 5 hours?