Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Hint Requests and Technical Problems (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/hint-requests-technical-problems/)
-   -   Gray Matter Help (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/hint-requests-technical-problems/28044-gray-matter-help.html)

HELPME9999 11-19-2010 04:03 PM

i can give you a link to a german walkthrough. either you can understand it or you can translate it via google, which should you guys help a bit ;)
http://www.gamona.de/games/gray-matt...e,1831589.html

and again: it would be very nice if someone could upload his save game near the end of chapter 5, unfortunately i lost mine...
it can be found here: C:\Users\*user name*\Documents\GrayMatter
thanks very much!

nomarch 11-20-2010 10:28 AM

Here's another German walkthrough translated into English.

@Helpme9999

Just replay the chapter it only takes 30-40 mins if you're not listening to dialogue and just storm through.

I had to do that in chapter six (cut scene bug again)

Owskie 11-21-2010 01:23 PM

At the end of chapter 2, last bonus task i need to do is ask librarian about scientific article but it just says i haven nothing left to talk to her about :(

any help?

Lupin The Third 11-25-2010 10:11 AM

A technical issue here if that's ok. GM runs on my laptop but it's rather slow, so I decided to give it a go on my desktop. All of the text is replaced with white or other colored boxes and when the game starts I get a white screen though I can move the cursor around and the top menu appears. Anyone else had this issue?

fov 11-27-2010 12:02 PM

I know nothing about this game's technical specs, but what you're describing sounds like a video or DirectX issue. What video card are you using, and have you tried updating your drivers? Did you do the DirectX update during installation?

Bakhtosh 11-28-2010 02:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lupin The Third (Post 564371)
A technical issue here if that's ok. GM runs on my laptop but it's rather slow, so I decided to give it a go on my desktop. All of the text is replaced with white or other colored boxes and when the game starts I get a white screen though I can move the cursor around and the top menu appears. Anyone else had this issue?

This sounds like your desktop graphics card doesn't support or doesn't fully support hardware accelerated Shader 2.0. But hardware accerlerated Shader 2.0 is part of the minimum requirements of Gray Matter.

There's a slight chance that obsolete drivers of your desktop graphics card causes this problem. But in most cases the problem of your desktop graphics cards is caused by insuffficient/obsolete hardware.

So either you try the lowest possible resolution and graphics settings at the laptop or update the desktop graphics card (exchange the existing one for a newer model).

Lupin The Third 11-28-2010 05:39 PM

I've tried updating everything (did before installing) on the desktop already. When I installed on my laptop I got a warning about Shader 2.0, updated my card's drivers and had no problem installing afterwards. On the desktop I updated everything before attempting an install and didn't receive and Shader 2.0 or direct X warnings/update notifications...so i thought I was good. It probably is that my card is too old on the desktop but I wanted to make sure no one else had the same issue and an easy fix.

lily.bart 11-29-2010 11:29 PM

I'm done with the game and posted my solutions here Gray Matter English Walkthrough
https://sites.google.com/site/grayma...lkthrough/home for 100% points and bonus points.
I attempted to make it as spoiler free as possible. Hope it helps someone.

lucifersam 12-07-2010 11:51 AM

I´m stuck in chapter 1, I´ve read all the walkthrus, but I cant go up in Carfax Tower, It just wont aperar the "go up" option when I pass the cursor over the tower door. Any idea????
Thanx a lot!

millenia 12-08-2010 10:27 AM

You have the riddle in your inventory and you have clicked the tower plaque with both left and right mouse buttons?

morriss 12-10-2010 01:44 PM

How on earth do you work out what the RNG machine numbers should be on Chapter 3? I don't want to know what they are, I just want to know where to start!

zane 12-10-2010 02:46 PM

Make sure to carefully read the manual for the machine, you want to set the machine up like the manual on the tables tells you. Hint: the two diagnol o's represent %

L.Goshin 12-13-2010 04:07 AM

Hi there,

Chapter 1: Everything is %100 but Betrayers Secret is not. I found two pieces of paper from Tower- behind the tower door- and from Church Collegue -black box in pool-. So where is the other pieces of paper?

Thanks. :)

Edit: Ok, I find the what I need to do. :)

dazzle 12-22-2010 04:11 AM

(Spoiler)

[QUOTE=nomarch;563354]I'm stuck at the end of chapter 2, not sure if it's a bug or I'm just missing one tiny little thing.

Progress bar is

100% total
84/84 - 100% - Betrayers Price - Part 2
40/40 - 100% - Strange Events at Horspath Track
166/166 - 100% - The Mysterious Doctor Styles
19/19 - 100% - Sam Plays Lab Assistant
41/41 - 100% - Sam Gets Carded
17/20 - 85% - Chapter 2 Bonus

Spoiler:
I managed to steal the Experiment sheet from Susan, went to the quad and met the other lambs and found the condolances card and worked out that linkweller is a bad guy

But I can't figure out what to do next, Styles is nowehere to be seen so I can't give him the experiment sheet and I can't get anything out of the guy at the magic shop or anywhere Linkwellers office.[/QUOTE

(Spoiler)
Have you blew into the horn inside the pub yet?,Get the mouthpiece from the bartender blow again and he will give you the christchurch postcard that will open the scene up some more.

Canio 01-01-2011 02:03 AM

Gray Matter Magic shop machine puzzle.

Seems strange, I cant click on the buttons of the gaming machine inside the magic shop. What else am I missing?

fov 01-03-2011 08:37 AM

Have you looked at the Daedalus Club logo at the bottom of the machine? Might need to do that before Sam thinks it's worth tinkering with...

If that doesn't work, have you talked to the shop owner yet?

Olimpus87 01-17-2011 10:18 AM

Charapter 4 Help !

Hello everyone, I am new to the forum. I wanted to ask for help for chapter 4! Basically I can not see me for the last time with all the students! How do I do? thanks
:D

Len Green 01-18-2011 04:42 PM

NEED HELP BASDLY.
Only at the beginning – actually near the end of chapter 1. I have 2 walklthru's in English – I guess translated from German and Italian & Dutch versions.
The first 2 don't help at all.

I've conscripted Ilse and Charles but am stalled (for a LONG time) trying to get Angela.
I've managed to get the number of the payphone into my (i.e. Mrs. Dalton's) cellphone. After that I understand that I have to "Set up" the cell phone
Easier said than done.
AFAIK there are 3 pairs of buttons which perform different functions on the cell p[hone screen

Could somebody give me accurate clear instructions what to do so that I can't go wrong.
TIA

jhetfield21 01-19-2011 04:16 AM

check this out(this is from a walkthrough so it's the whole thing from the beginning of the recruitment of angela till its end):
Spoiler:

-Talk to Angela Mullholand, go through all the dialogue.
-Click on the Payphone next to her.
-Equip your cellphone then click on the "Phone number" on the bottom of the phone.
-Exit the phone, then bring up your cellphone screen. Click Menu, then Options, then on Mute click On (Use the top-right botton "Select" to select something on the cellphone)
-Click on Angela Mullholand and Select the Telephone Psychich trick.
*Drag your cellphone to your left hand.
*Click Missdirect.
*Click Manipulate.
*Drag cellphone to your left sleeve.
You have now recruited Angela.

Len Green 01-19-2011 10:44 AM

Very Many Thanx!

Done it!:D