Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   General (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/general/)
-   -   Final Fantasy XIII and Versus XIII (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/general/21554-final-fantasy-xiii-versus-xiii.html)

J-MAN 04-16-2009 07:41 AM

What is the difference between versus and just the normal one?

TiAgUh 04-16-2009 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrimsonBlue (Post 504674)
I think I read somewhere that Versus XIII will actually be a much more traditional Final Fantasy than the main game.

Really? I've read somewhere that it will be kinda like Kingdom Hearts\Crisis Core. :P

Quote:

Originally Posted by J-MAN (Post 504688)
What is the difference between versus and just the normal one?

Same universe, different characters\story.

nomadsoul 04-16-2009 09:00 AM

Did walkthrough of demo on youtube, excellent , loved it, the visuals, presentation, futuristic settings,cutscenes, story, environments and design everything.

Music was best thing, though some character designs were 'too similar' nomura stuff, also there were some graphical rough edges, i still dig that old first trailer outlook than this shader infested approach, also snow's coat needs some better animation and there is clipping. It didnet set graphical benchmark of WOW EPIC stuff that FF series was known to set. I think yak3 models and rendering was miles better also kz2 overall graphics is to blame, times sure have changed, SE sure have lost somebits this gen, maybe they got too late.

Gameplay feels exciting if somewhat mix of X and X-2.

I loved FF for some reasons and this part has them all, so i am happy , loved the leading leady and her attitude, that afro guy isnt so bad either, the whole resistance and stuff better presented than i thought.

I hope they will avoid startrek type influence like FF12.
And hope it would come in japan this year, also should must have save tranfer option.

As far as versus and agito goes, digging the artstyle of them both since day 1, the new agito trailer is sexy. Have high hopes for Versus too.

CrimsonBlue 04-17-2009 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TiAgUh (Post 504690)
Really? I've read somewhere that it will be kinda like Kingdom Hearts\Crisis Core. :P

Depends on what you're referring to. I've no idea what it meant, perhaps it was om terms of feel and atmosphere, storyline and progress. Might not be gameplay. I surely hope it's more than a turn based hack'n'slash game that Crisis Core was. Too little exploring, to my tastes. Other than that, Crisis Core was a great game.

TiAgUh 04-17-2009 03:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrimsonBlue (Post 504791)
Depends on what you're referring to.

heres something from wikipedia :P :
Quote:

Within recent Japanese gaming magazine interviews, Tetsuya Nomura has stated that Versus XIII's gameplay will be a realistic derivation of Kingdom Hearts battle system with some elements of a third-person shooter aspect similar to Square Enix's Dirge of Cerberus.
--
Quote:

Originally Posted by CrimsonBlue (Post 504791)
Other than that, Crisis Core was a great game.

Spoiler:
Someone told me that Zack isn't killed by a sniper anymore, instead they went for something a bit more dramatic. Changing stuff sucks.. :shifty:

CrimsonBlue 04-17-2009 08:18 AM

Quote:

Spoiler:
Someone told me that Zack isn't killed by a sniper anymore, instead they went for something a bit more dramatic. Changing stuff sucks.

Spoiler:
I don't remember Zack being killed by a Sniper in FFVII. I remember him being shot by normal shinra troops. And THISvideo proves I'm right. :)

TiAgUh 04-17-2009 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrimsonBlue (Post 504833)
Spoiler:
I don't remember Zack being killed by a Sniper in FFVII. I remember him being shot by normal shinra troops. And THISvideo proves I'm right. :)

Spoiler:
Man, i've always thought he got killed by a sniper, at least that is what I remember from playing FFVII when I was a kid. Maybe it was this that f*cked up my memories :crazy:. You just need to watch the 1st 2minutes.

nomadsoul 04-17-2009 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TiAgUh (Post 504849)
Spoiler:
Man, i've always thought he got killed by a sniper, at least that is what I remember from playing FFVII when I was a kid. Maybe it was this that f*cked up my memories :crazy:. You just need to watch the 1st 2minutes.

If there are 2 deaths that made me moved empotionally , those were in FF psp and darkness 360(of you know whom if i played) , so FF psp reimagining did much more than than whole FFVII.

Lucien21 04-17-2009 11:20 PM

http://www.gametrailers.com/game/fin...tasy-xiii/2649

There is a bunch of new trailers and gameplay footage taken from the Japanese demo.

MikeLXXXVIII 04-20-2009 12:48 AM

Was tempted to get the demo but held back since Crisis Core is supposely a terrible film,
I think I will avoid seeing the walkthroughs as I would prefer getting suprises in such a game when I get to play it myself. I can't wait for it though!

TiAgUh 04-20-2009 08:45 AM

Crisis Core is a psp game, Advent Children is the movie.

CrimsonBlue 04-20-2009 12:55 PM

The movie isn't that bad. I've only seen the original version, but this new version (called Advent Children Complete) apparently has quite a few scenes that the original didn't have, and supposedly it explains a lot more than the original. It's supposed to have improved the movie quite a bit. I'm looking forward to a european release unless I find out wether the movie works on PAL PS3s. If this is the case, and it has english subtitles, I may order it somewhere down the road (unless the PAL release is just around the corner, which I doubt).

MikeLXXXVIII 04-21-2009 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrimsonBlue (Post 505297)
The movie isn't that bad. I've only seen the original version, but this new version (called Advent Children Complete) apparently has quite a few scenes that the original didn't have, and supposedly it explains a lot more than the original. It's supposed to have improved the movie quite a bit. I'm looking forward to a european release unless I find out wether the movie works on PAL PS3s. If this is the case, and it has english subtitles, I may order it somewhere down the road (unless the PAL release is just around the corner, which I doubt).

Blue Ray is region free, thats why people went bananas to pre order the Complete version due to getting the FFXIII demo with it. The film I am not sure if it has english subtitles but the dubbing is there so it shouldn't be a problem to understand. Then yet again if you wont have a chance to get the demo with it is better to wait for a much cheaper reasonable european version.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TiAgUh (Post 505276)
Crisis Core is a psp game, Advent Children is the movie.

Sorry yeah I actually know that :P

nomadsoul 04-21-2009 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeLXXXVIII (Post 505394)
Blue Ray is region free, thats why people went bananas to pre order the Complete version due to getting the FFXIII demo with it. The film I am not sure if it has english subtitles but the dubbing is there so it shouldn't be a problem to understand. Then yet again if you wont have a chance to get the demo with it is better to wait for a much cheaper reasonable european version.

Sorry yeah I actually know that :P

Bluray games are region free on ps3 but not films, they are region coded, check playasia for region coding and compatibility for bluray movies.They went bananas because luckily the japanese bluray of Adventcomplete works on american and even singaporean ps3(fall in same region, yeah its different form DVD stuff, check wiki).

And the new Advent animation has more graphic fidelity too than last one, not just added scenes.

MikeLXXXVIII 04-22-2009 03:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nomadsoul (Post 505423)
Bluray games are region free on ps3 but not films, they are region coded, check playasia for region coding and compatibility for bluray movies.They went bananas because luckily the japanese bluray of Adventcomplete works on american and even singaporean ps3(fall in same region, yeah its different form DVD stuff, check wiki).

And the new Advent animation has more graphic fidelity too than last one, not just added scenes.

I see so it wouldn't work with a PAL machine, well glad I didn't took that chance then...

nomadsoul 04-23-2009 04:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeLXXXVIII (Post 505473)
I see so it wouldn't work with a PAL machine, well glad I didn't took that chance then...

Check wikipedia for bluray regions before ordering movie BDs nexttime.

J-MAN 04-23-2009 10:11 AM

Personally I'm looking forward to versus more.

Trickless 04-25-2009 04:38 PM

Played the demo and really enjoyed it, can't wait for the full game. Battle was real quick and slick once you get used to it. Game also looks gorgeous.

Regarding the Advent Children film - It's region free. It will play on any bluray player.

nomadsoul 04-25-2009 07:04 PM

When i checked the site in feb, they didn't have the box , they mentioned it region A , now they have official box/game now they say region free indeed

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-...e-70-384b.html

for region(on movies)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bluray