Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   General (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/general/)
-   -   I Just Bought... (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/general/13132-i-just-bought.html)

D.C. 03-17-2010 12:53 AM

Dragon Age: Awakening!

AndreaDraco83 03-17-2010 04:09 AM

I should have it today! Yay! :D

DustyShinigami 03-24-2010 07:00 AM

Imported the original big boxed copy of The Secret of Monkey Island, which has everything with it. The only snag is that it's the Mac version, not DOS. But it doesn't matter as it'll run through ScummVM anyway, so...

And I now own the original boxed copy of Beneath a Steel Sky, which again has everything with it - including the comicbook. :)

SharonB 03-25-2010 03:09 AM

Sanitarium & The Longest Journey.

Irons 03-25-2010 03:28 AM

Runaway 3: A twist of fate..

Gotten to chapter 3 so far and enjoying it!

Intrepid Homoludens 03-25-2010 03:28 AM

http://img.xataka.com/2009/08/sony_ps3_slim.jpg

And...

http://www.konsolekingz.com/blog/wp-...yraincover.jpg

MoP 03-25-2010 04:09 AM

http://www.aeropause.com/wordpress/a...791048b5e3.jpg
Well, technically I didn't buy it, got it as a gift... but what the hell. It's still all mine... as soon as I find some bloody free time...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gazzoid (Post 543120)
Imported the original big boxed copy of The Secret of Monkey Island, which has everything with it. The only snag is that it's the Mac version, not DOS. But it doesn't matter as it'll run through ScummVM anyway, so...

And I now own the original boxed copy of Beneath a Steel Sky, which again has everything with it - including the comicbook. :)

Oy, now that is cool.

Irons 03-25-2010 04:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gazzoid (Post 543120)

It's not that long ago that I played trough Beneath a steel sky, it was actually free from another site (legal that is not in free as pirated incase someone tought thats what I ment)..

DustyShinigami 03-25-2010 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Irons (Post 543228)
It's not that long ago that I played trough Beneath a steel sky, it was actually free from another site (legal that is not in free as pirated incase someone tought thats what I ment)..

Yeah, it's been freeware for a while now. Revolution were kind enough to release it at no charge. I still wanted to own the original copy though to add to my collection. :D

Denaron 03-27-2010 10:39 AM

http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/3686/theblackmirror1.jpg

HaroldO 03-27-2010 11:23 AM

What I bought in March

I won't even bother posting pictures as the list in quite long.
- Sam & Max: Beyond Time & Space (WIN)
- Sam & Max: The Devil's Playhouse (WIN) (MAC)
- Wallace & Gromit Grand Adventures (WIN)
- Bone: Out From Boneville (WIN)
- Bone: The Great Cow Race (WIN)
- Sanitarium (WIN)
- The Longest Journey (WIN)
- Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers (WIN)
- Altitude (WIN)
- Kindom Hearts II (PS2)
- Guitar Hero: Aerosmith (PS2)
- Silent Hill 2 (PS2)
- Chrono Cross (PS1)
- Chrono Trigger (NDS)
- Silent Hill: Origins (PSP)

The last six were games I ordered a few months ago but only arrived this month. Silent Hill 2 is the american Greatest Hits version, meaning is the enhanced Restless Dreams version. The Longest Journey is actually a second copy as I still have the version that came with Dreamfall GotY Edition. I ordered the disc version of all Telltale's games including Sam & Max: Save the World but excluding Devil's Playhouse as it haven't been released yet.

Fantasysci5 03-27-2010 07:54 PM

I just bought "Rhiannon: Curse of 4 Branches" since the price dropped from about $20 to $10, and since it's compared to my favorite Jonathan Boakes/Dark Fall games, etc. They advertise it on their own site, and I ehar the story is awesome, if I don't mind bad controls and still environments. I'm excited; I don't buy games much, since I'm in college and don't have any money.

Denaron 03-28-2010 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fantasysci5 (Post 543537)
I just bought "Rhiannon: Curse of 4 Branches" since the price dropped from about $20 to $10, and since it's compared to my favorite Jonathan Boakes/Dark Fall games, etc. They advertise it on their own site, and I ehar the story is awesome, if I don't mind bad controls and still environments. I'm excited; I don't buy games much, since I'm in college and don't have any money.

It looks interesting indeed. Actually, I was in doubt between Black Mirror or Rhiannon, I decided to buy the Black Mirror. Please, let me know your thoughts when you finish it! Then perhaps I'll get it, since you made great recommendations so far! :)

I know how that student life is. I'm frequentely running out of money, right after being paid. :P

Niko 04-01-2010 07:30 AM

Broken Sword 3 :the sleeping dragon

£3.99 from Steam, hopefully it will last me the weekend. The controls are a bit odd, but it is a good game thus far :)

Fantasysci5 04-02-2010 12:31 PM

Besides just buying "Rhiannon", I couldn't resist the $3 Simon the Sorcerer over at GOG. I've been wanting to play this game, because I hear Chris Barrie (who played Rimmer in "Red Dwarf") voices the main character, but I didn't want to spend too much on a comedy game, since I'm not much into comedies.

Somedays, I just feel like buying everything. :P

HaroldO 04-02-2010 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fantasysci5 (Post 544158)
Besides just buying "Rhiannon", I couldn't resist the $3 Simon the Sorcerer over at GOG. I've been wanting to play this game, because I hear Chris Barrie (who played Rimmer in "Red Dwarf") voices the main character, but I didn't want to spend too much on a comedy game, since I'm not much into comedies.

Somedays, I just feel like buying everything. :P

LOL, I got Simon too. And Myst ME. I've always wanted to play Myst someday.

DustyShinigami 04-02-2010 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fantasysci5 (Post 544158)

The first Simon the Sorcerer is one of my favourite games and the game that got me into adventures in the first place. Sadly though, I don't think it would be your kind of game. The humour is hit or miss whether you like British humour or not. I tried to get 2 old friends into the game when I was back at middle school, but because of the type of game it is and its humour, they didn't like it. And these were guys who watched and liked the likes of Monty Python and Red Dwarf.

bulldog 04-02-2010 03:05 PM

I just read the posts..... Fantsy you have to tell me how Rhiannon turns out and where did you get it for $10? This GOG site...... is it mostly older games? Do they have new releases? Are there other sites like that one? Do tell me more :D

Fantasysci5 04-02-2010 03:29 PM

I got it off Amazon. It was a pain to get it to install, but now I'm playing it. A bit far-fetched near the beginning, but I haven't run into the plot yet, so we'll see. :)

bulldog 04-02-2010 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fantasysci5 (Post 544197)
I got it off Amazon. It was a pain to get it to install, but now I'm playing it. A bit far-fetched near the beginning, but I haven't run into the plot yet, so we'll see. :)

Where at on Amazon did you download it? Are there other sites like that GOG site?