Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Chit Chat (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/chit-chat/)
-   -   Are you from the UK? (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/chit-chat/6472-you-uk.html)

maladroid 01-21-2005 05:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens
........I miss the British Museum, the Elgin Marbles and the bullet holes in them from the war....

They belong in a GREEK museum!

:pan:

squarejawhero 01-21-2005 05:30 AM

Quote:

The Finnish bags can't be reused, they are made to crumble to bits.

I learned this a while ago.
Isn't that annoying when you walk home with the shopping?

:D :pan:

stepurhan 01-21-2005 05:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deadworm222
Now we'll find out!

EDIT: Damn, now we have the problem of definitions! What does "from somewhere" mean anyway? Born there or moved there or...? :frusty:

I think definitions are the least of your worries. If I'm not much mistaken you made the poll so you can select more than one choice. Or was that to help out people with identity issues? :D

I am from the UK by the way. (Should say that somewhere over on the left) I live on the sunny South coast (Well, it's sunny at the moment anyway.)

BoyToy 01-21-2005 09:12 AM

Pinksie gave me a stylish reusable nylon(?) shopping bag for Christmas! :kiss:

Quote:

Originally Posted by remixor
Well, it wouldn't be an AG poll without a nonsense "other" option. I can't wait to see how people explain that one...

Quote:

Originally Posted by EasilyConfused
Not from the UK, but wish I was.

Sounds like a reasonable answer for "-other-".
Or something like "No, but I wouldn't want to admit it."

pinkgothic 01-21-2005 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoyToy
Pinksie gave me a stylish reusable nylon(?) shopping bag for Christmas! :kiss:

Yes, and with your Hugo Boss shopaholic tendencies, you need it! :D :kiss:

gillyruless 01-21-2005 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pinkgothic

So BoyToy is a good looking man who likes to shop Hugo Boss. Jeeze, I guess Trep did find himself a boytoy after all.

:D

Now all you have to do, BoyToy, is to pass Trep's boxers or briefs test.

http://forums.adventuregamers.com/sh...&postcount=116

:D

BoyToy 01-21-2005 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pinkgothic

Yes, but first I got to have some money again! :rolleyes:
Do you have to give away all my secrets? Baaaaad kitty, bad bad kitty! ;)

Now, let me report:
Quote:

Originally Posted by gillyruless
Now all you have to do, BoyToy, is to pass Trep's boxers or briefs test. [...]

Nah, I'm all for these! (In various colours, but mostly black or red.)
*phew* *sweatdrop*

Manhunter71 01-21-2005 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jazhara7
*joins pinkgothic, carrying a sign which has "We heart Britain!" written on it*

I want to live in Britain. Or Scotland. Or Australia.

I'm going to london in two weeks. And my sister is going to study near Edinburgh for some weeks this summer - I'm still trying to convice her to take me with her.

- :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

:confused: :confused:
I really can't understand this fascination with the UK - it's cold and wet and grey and most people here are just sooo dull!
I have to admit though, Edinburgh is a great city - lots of historical interest, and a great Starbucks!
Just outside there's a small square and steps you can sit on with your mocha and watch life pass you by :7

(Manhunter sits back in his chair and feels nostalgic :) )
Ok - I must admit there are a few places of interest here, but on the whole it wouldn't be my first choice of residence.

Intrepid Homoludens 01-21-2005 03:24 PM

Cold and wet? All the more reason to cuddle up with a hot Brit guy. :kiss: Love your accents.

And c'mon, EC!!! Not ALL Brit guys suck. Maybe you haven't met the right one yet?

< remembers the smart arse Curt >

*sigh* :z

squarejawhero 01-21-2005 03:27 PM

?!

You're a girl?

Sorry, going O/T here. :D

Wormsie 01-21-2005 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by squarejawhero
?!

You're a girl?

Pardon me while I laugh my ass off.

"You're a girl?" Seriously! Hahahaha!! OHOHOHOHOOO! HHHAHAHHA H H AHHAhahahhAHHAH AH HAHAHA H HAHAHA HHHA HHAHAHHH AHA HHA HH A HA HH AHHA HAH HH HAHAHHAHH AHHAh ahahhAHHAHAH HAHAHAHHA HAHAH HHAHH AHAHHHAHAHHA HHAH AHHAHHAH AHH HHAHA HHAHHAHHAha hahhAH HAHAH HA HAHAHHAHA HAH HHAHHAH AHH HAH AHHA HH AHAH H AHH AHAHHHHA HAHHA HH A HHA hahah hA HHA H AHHA HAHA HHAHAHAH H HAH HAHA HHHA HAHH AHHAH AHHAH HAHA HHH HAHAHH AHHAHH Ahaha hhAHH AHAHH AHA HAH HAHAH AHHH AHHAHAHH HAHAH HAHHA HAHHA HHA HAH!!!!

Intrepid Homoludens 01-21-2005 03:51 PM

Mind if I join you?

Trephttp://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/...elrotflmao.gifhttp://smilies.jeeptalk.org/ups/dvx_rune/lol.gifwormsie

Intrepid Homoludens 01-21-2005 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoyToy
Quote:

Originally Posted by pinksie

Yes, but first I got to have some money again! :rolleyes:
Do you have to give away all my secrets? Baaaaad kitty, bad bad kitty! ;)

Now, let me report:Nah, I'm all for these! (In various colours, but mostly black or red.)
*phew* *sweatdrop*

You passed, hon. You definitely passed.

And Hugo Boss - perfect for a man like you. You may want to spice it up a bit with a couple of Helmut Lang pieces and, if you happen to have some extra money a nice treat from Jil Sander. :D

Wormsie 01-21-2005 04:09 PM

....hahahahahaaa.....

That was great, wasn't it Trep? :D Ha-haa.

Manhunter71 01-21-2005 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by squarejawhero
?!

You're a girl?

That is quite funny :D :D

EasilyConfused 01-21-2005 04:19 PM

Quote:

And c'mon, EC!!! Not ALL Brit guys suck. Maybe you haven't met the right one yet?

Unclear which thread to put my apology for insulting British manhood in . . . this one or the tea/coffee one . . . ;)

But glad to know Manhunter (!?) that I just turned up a few rotten apples in the barrel. :)

Ninja Dodo 01-21-2005 04:19 PM

Quote:

Love your accents.

Heh, depends where you are.

I'm not sure what exactly they call the accent here in Middlesbrough ("Are we 'avin a parmo or wot?"), but stylish it is not. :rolleyes:

Quote:

The real Middlesbrough accent it seems is the blighted child of a Scouse father and a mother who has mild traces of Newcastle in her accent. It is more evident in the younger generation what the true sound of the accent is , and it usually sounds like its going to scrounge a cigarette from you or steal your bike.
Then there's Geordie a bit further up North...

Quote:

Workman visiting doctor: "Me leg's bad, man, can ye give us a sick note?"

Doctor: Can you walk?

Workman: Work? Y'a kiddin' man, A cannet even waak!
That last line just cracked me up totally... maybe it's cause one of my lecturers is from there. Spot on. :D

Ninja Dodo 01-21-2005 04:27 PM

My god, I'm just reading the rest of that, erm, essay.

Quote:

It is interesting to hear some of the misapprehensions that people Not From The North East hold of the area.
They may refer to a warm and friendly welcome. They may enthuse about the accent. Career-students might enthusiastically pipe-up on the topic of the cost of beer. Someone who has replaced their life with football might also interject, to inform you of its premiership-status team.

Unfortunately, with the immediacy of a javeline poked sadistically through the spokes of someone's speeding motorcycle, this is where these facile and hopelessly optimistic statements must end.
Wow. As hilariously appalling as that sounds it's not actually that bad... anymore anyway. I've heard stories, and yeah it's still kind of a shithole if you wander somewhat into the wrong direction, but you wouldn't believe how much they're rebuilding this place. And though the warmth of the locals is indeed dubious at best, at least the students are a fun crowd and there's plenty of them. Anyway what with all the rennovation that the university attracts, I imagine in ten years or so Boro might actually be a nice place to live.

Meanwhile: "No, sorry. I'm all out of change and I don't have any booze on me. No, that's water."

Manhunter71 01-21-2005 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ninja Dodo
Heh, depends where you are.

I'm not sure what exactly they call the accent here in Middlesbrough ("Are we 'avin a parmo or wot?"), but stylish it is not. :rolleyes:

Then there's Geordie a bit further up North...

That last line just cracked me up totally... maybe it's cause one of my lecturers is from there. Spot on. :D

I've met people from Middlesborough - I think it's pretty close to a geordie accent (please don't feel insulted by this :o )

Ninja Dodo 01-21-2005 04:39 PM

I would be insulted why?

Actually, I might be insulted if you implied that I was from Middlesbrough, something which I've been going to rather great lengths to deny, indeed in this very same thread among others. :rolleyes: