Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Chit Chat (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/chit-chat/)
-   -   This court will now come to order. (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/chit-chat/17543-court-will-now-come-order.html)

Giligan 10-24-2006 06:07 PM

This court will now come to order.

We will now conduct the hearing of case (docket #4-8-15-16-23-42), the Honourable Judge Giligan Dan presiding, on who "The Imposter"'s real identity is. The defendant is being defended by attorneys-at-law Mr. Step Urhan and Mrs. Squinky, vs. Mr. Lacey, who is under the impression that rlpw is also the Imposter. Mr. Urhan, you may call your first witness.

:P :P :P :pan:

rlpw 10-24-2006 06:40 PM

Well you can count me as not the Imposter for 2 reasons

1: When the post for The Boring Thread came out I was at work. I have web access there BUT I also had a large case of cylander-qualifying-dial-wire-burnout today so me and the shop engineer were kinda busy.

2: I don't write as good as he does

The Impostor 10-24-2006 07:21 PM

It was me! I'm the impostor!

Sage 10-24-2006 07:34 PM

A more convincing case could be made that rlpw and I are the same person. ;)

Whoever the Impostor is, it's not rlpw.

undeaf 10-24-2006 07:44 PM

It's not me, I would not be foolish enough to claim to be male in one thread and claim to be female in another.

The Impostor 10-24-2006 07:44 PM

Don't forget the possibility that I was never on this forum, Scott Stuff.

The Impostor 10-24-2006 07:46 PM

Quote:

It's not me, I would not be foolish enough to claim to be male in one thread and claim to be female in another.
wouldn't that actually be a smart thing to do?

Sage 10-24-2006 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Impostor (Post 356953)
Don't forget the possibility that I was never on this forum, Scott Stuff.

A newcomer would be unlikely to know my real name, and only one person calls me "Scott Stuff". You just told me who you are. :D

Don't worry. Your secret's safe with me. ;)

The Impostor 10-24-2006 08:12 PM

Quote:

Don't worry. Your secret's safe with me.
No, reveal it! Reveal it!

Cold-Factor 10-24-2006 08:45 PM

Who is The Impostor? The truth must be revealed!!!

The Impostor 10-24-2006 08:46 PM

Yes! Yes! Reveal the truth!

Sage 10-24-2006 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Impostor (Post 356958)
No, reveal it! Reveal it!

Hey, it's your world...I'm just livin' in it.

I'd rather see how this plays out than to spill the beans too soon. :devil:

The Impostor 10-24-2006 08:52 PM

Yes, but you could be wrong............ Reveal it!

Squinky 10-24-2006 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by undeaf (Post 356952)

Ah, but he didn't claim that he was female; he claimed that he lacked a phallus. He must be John Wayne Bobbitt!

The Impostor 10-24-2006 09:03 PM

I didn't actually say I was a "he" either.

Sage 10-24-2006 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Impostor (Post 356963)
Yes, but you could be wrong............ Reveal it!

Oh please.

Let's examine the facts:

1. Your spelling is impeccable and your sentence structure is very near perfect and free from local dialectic aberrations. Those two qualities in your posts eliminate most of the usual prankster suspects.

2. Your exuberance and impish cheer are not qualities normally displayed by another one of our dear departed who reappeared under another nickname for a while.

3. You love being provocative and watching people's reactions. One might even say you enjoy playing the social anthropologist from time to time. (And in that last sentence I just told you who I think you are. ;) )

4. Calling me "Scott Stuff" merely confirmed my initial suspicions. :D

The Impostor 10-24-2006 09:06 PM

You're lucky I rose at 6:00 this morning, TTS. I can't stay awake any longer. My true identity better be revealed by tomorrow. I'll be back if I can't sleep long. And rats, I thought that wildly incorrect elipsis would have lead you off that track.

Sage 10-24-2006 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Squinky (Post 356964)
Ah, but he didn't claim that he was female; he claimed that he lacked a phallus.

But he did not claim he lacked a phallus of his own.

undeaf 10-24-2006 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Squinky (Post 356964)
Ah, but he didn't claim that he was female; he claimed that he lacked a phallus. He must be John Wayne Bobbitt!

Well, yeah, but I'm assuming that that claim was just made due to misunderstanding of terminology, and so I think it implies that The Impostor is actually female and not some self surgery freak(no offense meant to any actual self surgery freaks that might be reading this). It sounds like a more accurate indicator than the marriage comments.

Since it's someone Sage knows, it's likely someone that lives near him. However, the only other two people with alabama in their location field say they're male.

Maquisard 10-24-2006 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sage (Post 356966)
Oh please.

Let's examine the facts:

1. Your spelling is impeccable and your sentence structure is very near perfect and free from local dialectic aberrations. Those two qualities in your posts eliminate most of the usual prankster suspects.

2. Your exuberance and impish cheer are not qualities normally displayed by another one of our dear departed who reappeared under another nickname for a while.

3. You love being provocative and watching people's reactions. One might even say you enjoy playing the social anthropologist from time to time. (And in that last sentence I just told you who I think you are. ;) )

4. Calling me "Scott Stuff" merely confirmed my initial suspicions. :D

So you're thinking Trep?