Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   AG Underground - Freeware Adventures (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/ag-underground-freeware-adventures/)
-   -   King's Quest IX - Saved. (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/ag-underground-freeware-adventures/12233-kings-quest-ix-saved.html)

Tramboi 12-10-2005 04:35 AM

Now I will be able to buy all these Quest packs :)

insane_cobra 12-10-2005 04:51 AM

You gotta be kidding me, I finally downloaded the trailer yesterday and thought to myself "what a bloody shame". :)

Bee-yutiful! Yay for Vivendi!

Jazhara7 12-10-2005 05:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RLacey
But aren't Sierra the spawn of the devil? :shifty:

Haven't they single-handedly destroyed all that we hold dear in this genre? :shifty:

And aren't they trying to murder our children and burn down our homes through their evil corporate practices and senseless cancelling of harmless fan projects? :shifty:

No, you're mistaking them for "Electronic Arts".

Sierra and LucasArts are the Dead Gods (actually, LucasArts is more of a Fallen God).

- :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

RLacey 12-10-2005 05:42 AM

I apologise for yesterday's outburst.

RLacey 12-10-2005 05:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jazhara7
No, you're mistaking them for "Electronic Arts".

Sierra and LucasArts are the Dead Gods (actually, LucasArts is more of a Fallen God).

- :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Damn straight.

RLacey 12-10-2005 05:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by squarejawhero
Or not, seeing as 98% of this forum don't have a clue what that is!

Lucien

Isn't that a bit like saying that all adventure gaming news should be posted in Chit Chat on the grounds that some people only check that board?

squarejawhero 12-10-2005 05:48 AM

Well, yes, it's worth having information repeated to discuss here. Not many people check the indie forums as it doesn't seem relevent to them, and seeing all the stuff I've seen so far on this title I'd say it's far above average for an indie. Evidently they've impressed VUG to some degree.

I know I'm not the only one for a fact.

koko 12-10-2005 06:42 AM

I just want to thank EVERYONE for their support of Phoenix Online through this difficult time for them! They have said over and over that they wouldn't have been able to make it through without you! Many of you may have signed the petition I had or sent the emails that myself, Matt and the rest of the SaveKQIX team were promoting. If you participated in that, please email VUG and thank them! Their email address is [email protected]. We want them to know that we do appreciate them allowing the continued development of the game!

AFGNCAAP 12-10-2005 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by squarejawhero
Well, yes, it's worth having information repeated to discuss here. Not many people check the indie forums as it doesn't seem relevent to them, and seeing all the stuff I've seen so far on this title I'd say it's far above average for an indie. Evidently they've impressed VUG to some degree.

I know I'm not the only one for a fact.

If underground forums aren't "relevent" enough for some people, tough luck for them. Merging...

Quote:

Originally Posted by RLacey
I apologise for yesterday's outburst.

If it makes you feel any better. you said what I only dared to think. :)

Oh yeah, I almost forgot: Yay!

RLacey 12-10-2005 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AFGNCAAP
Oh yeah, I almost forgot: Yay!

I should echo this sentiment, if only to state that I bear no grudge against the game itself. I genuinely am looking forward to playing it :).

Hamham Chan 12-10-2005 08:18 AM

Wonderful news!
There is a god, and he loves King´s Quest!:D

Josho 12-10-2005 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snarky
To sum up: This is what Vivendi should have done in the first place.

No, what Phoenix should have done in the first place was NOT thumb their noses in Vivendi's face by calling their project "King's Quest 9" and garnering as much prepublicity as they possible could.

As they were advised not to do. TWO YEARS ago. And to which they replied, "We couldn't possibly do that...it would hopelessly confuse our fans."

I'm glad the game's going to be released, though.

--Josh

squarejawhero 12-10-2005 10:21 AM

Merge it then. But you'll find mention a KQ game in the main forum it'll garner more interest. Your deal, not mine.

Dasilva 12-10-2005 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Josho
No, what Phoenix should have done in the first place was NOT thumb their noses in Vivendi's face by calling their project "King's Quest 9" and garnering as much prepublicity as they possible could.

As they were advised not to do. TWO YEARS ago. And to which they replied, "We couldn't possibly do that...it would hopelessly confuse our fans."

--Josh

What about SQ7? It seems to be taking the same rout except its keeping a low profile.

BerserkerTails 12-10-2005 12:34 PM

The news has even made IGN, haha.

http://pc.ign.com/articles/674/674825p1.html

cesarbittar 12-10-2005 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Josho

--Josh

then again, gathering all the publicity lead to the big following, and this was what ultimately saved the project. Otherwise, if we had kept the low profile, and not be known by a lot of people, we would still be shut down. Vivendi reacted directly to the press and the fans.

Having had a change of name before wouldn’t have changed things. We would have still gone through this. The Cease and Desist would have come whether our name was King’s Quest IX or not.

Personally, whether it’s called “King’s Quest IX” or “The Silver Lining”, I still fail to see your point. We are still making a sequel based on Roberta William’s work. And by the way, Roberta has seen more than what you think she’s seen. Her blessings have come not only once, but repeatedly over the years. Both from her and from Ken. You can ask them so you are clear of doubts.

Am I telling other fan-games to go through this? No. It’s risky, and the same way we were saved, we could have been shut down and left shut down. At the end, it’s up to the directors of each game what you guys want to do.

Anyhow, I just wanted to thank everyone for their incredible support. I’ve made the promise that this game will see the light of day, and I’m known for keeping my promises!

Cesar Bittar
Phoenix Online Studios

cesarbittar 12-10-2005 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BerserkerTails
The news has even made IGN, haha.

http://pc.ign.com/articles/674/674825p1.html

yeah, we are on MTV too :)

http://www.mtv.com/games/video_games...tml?id=1517812

and 1up

http://1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3146238

and we'll be in a lot of other places soon ;)

Dasilva 12-10-2005 02:06 PM

How the hell did it reach to places who dont care much about adventure games? Wierd. :crazy:

Josho 12-10-2005 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spitfire
What about SQ7? It seems to be taking the same rout except its keeping a low profile.

I believe (and hope) that they'll change the name. I've been asking them to do it for quite some time.

--Josh

cesarbittar 12-10-2005 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spitfire
How the hell did it reach to places who dont care much about adventure games? Wierd. :crazy:

Never underestimate the power of publicity :)