Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Adventure (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/)
-   -   Bone is said to be available! (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/10390-bone-said-available.html)

Tramboi 09-15-2005 08:39 AM

Bone is said to be available!

And there is a form for buying episode one at TellTale :crazy:

I'm downloading the trial installer.

Click here!

Don't download it or you will slow my download :devil:

bigjko 09-15-2005 08:42 AM

New site design!! And Bone demo!!

Why on earth does telltalegames.com forward me to the Texas Hold 'Em game?

The Seed 09-15-2005 09:02 AM

I'm in the middle of downloading it now. I'm so excited, has anyone been able to try it yet?

Jackal 09-15-2005 09:04 AM

It's not just a demo. :D

fov 09-15-2005 09:05 AM

I edited the original link to go to the Bone product page instead of just to the installer. There's some info there about how to buy, etc. that people might want to read before they download.

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Seed
I'm in the middle of downloading it now. I'm so excited, has anyone been able to try it yet?

Yes. *D I'd played it before at an earlier stage, though. I'm excited to see how everyone reacts to it.

Maquisard 09-15-2005 09:08 AM

Yes! I've played the demo. Looks like a very fun game. :D

Jake 09-15-2005 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigjko
New site design!! And Bone demo!!

Why on earth does telltalegames.com forward me to the Texas Hold 'Em game?

It shouldnt do that anymore now that they redesigned the site.... I used to have that problem too but not anymore

bigjko 09-15-2005 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jake
It shouldnt do that anymore now that they redesigned the site.... I used to have that problem too but not anymore

Looks like it was just something with my browser. Doesn't forward me anymore.

squarejawhero 09-15-2005 09:18 AM

Bought it, no-questions-asked. ;)

Kolorabi 09-15-2005 09:21 AM

Downloading now. Wow, this weekend will be superb - Bone, Fahrenheit, TrackMania Original Beta, C64 DTV (if I'm lucky).... :9~

squarejawhero 09-15-2005 09:24 AM

Eh, once you've bought it, aren't you supposed to receive a code via email? :shifty:

Mimus 09-15-2005 09:26 AM

This was all a bit out of the blue... I normally tend to keep up with release dates and the such-like.

Sounds good though. Downloading the demo now... Looks like it makes it nice and easy to buy the full game if I like it, which all seems like a very good way of doing things.

Right on the tail (excuse the pun) of the Sam & Max announcement as well, so I guess their site will be getting a lot of business due to that. Good stuff.

fov 09-15-2005 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by squarejawhero
Eh, once you've bought it, aren't you supposed to receive a code via email? :shifty:

I think so. But their servers might be a little overwhelmed, considering they just went live. Give it a few more minutes. :) (You can still play the beginning while you're waiting...)

nordic_guy 09-15-2005 09:27 AM

Can't wait to try this out! :9~

jamesfoti 09-15-2005 09:29 AM

I dont get it do you pay 20 dollars for each episode or do you pay 20 dollars and then you get all 9 episodes?

nordic_guy 09-15-2005 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jamesfoti
I dont get it do you pay 20 dollars for each episode or do you pay 20 dollars and then you get all 9 episodes?

9 episodes? I thought there were 3... Anyway, it's for one episode.

20 dollars, eh?

BTW, I see that the difficulty level is set at 2/6. How long is the game?

squarejawhero 09-15-2005 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fov
I think so. But their servers might be a little overwhelmed, considering they just went live. Give it a few more minutes. :) (You can still play the beginning while you're waiting...)

All a little odd, though, my order's there in the database, but there's no serial or code listed. :crazy:

Kolzig 09-15-2005 09:33 AM

50% ready now...

I have to try the demo portion of the game now.
Though I'm not going to buy it immediately if/when the game turns out to be great.

I want my own computer to come from the repair shop before I buy the full game.

fov 09-15-2005 09:37 AM

Re: price - $20 for one episode. The whole Bone series will be covered in the end but it won't necessarily be one book per game. It's sounding like there may be around 3-6 episodes altogether, but this is something even Telltale isn't sure about yet.

Re: game length - Telltale has been saying 4-6 hours. Obviously, it's going to depend on the player. I haven't played the whole thing yet so I can't comment on that.

Kolzig, my understanding is that you set up a user account when you purchase, so you'll be able to install on a different computer later and play with the same user account. You wouldn't have to pay a second time.

Coop 09-15-2005 09:40 AM

How big is the d/l? im close to my limit at school. Hopefully it's not too big