View Single Post
Old 10-27-2004, 09:52 AM   #5
fov
Rattenmonster

Thanks everyone. This was my first review so I was a little nervous.

I think we tend to really get our hopes up when we're waiting for a game... especially games that take a long time to come out... and in this case, excitement was heightened because the developer had released a lot of information about the story that made us think the game was going to be a certain way. I have seen a lot of posts (on this board and others) from people who are anticipating this game being better than TLJ. To tell you the truth, it made me feel really bad to tell people this might not be the case... I hate hurting people's feelings (it's a girl thing!)

From a few things I've heard and Razbor's synopsis of the storyline, I get the impression that they had a desire to go in one direction, but for whatever reason (money, time, etc.) they had to make some sacrifices. Unfortunately, IMO, the game that resulted is not what they were promising... and I think that's where the disappointment comes in. With some games (like the new LSL ) I make a point of being cautiously optimistic; then there are others (like this one) where you really, really, really just want it to be good.

I am eager for the game to be released. It's very strange to be one of the few who has played something. I can't wait to hear what others think of it.

-emily

ps Two Birds, I understand what you're saying about coming to a different conclusion. I'm not sure how well I can explain this - but even with all the strikes against it, I still considered it worth playing. I think the fact that I DID come to that conclusion speaks to Razbor's potential as an AG studio.