View Single Post
Old 10-27-2004, 03:06 AM   #2
timcclayton
23 Railway Cuttings

Mmm, good review Emily.

But this is a real shame as I had been really looking forward to this game (and it seems like the development team has had enough time to iron out these sorts of problems with all their publisher problems, so there is no excuse there...)

It seems to me that so many potentially good adventure games are being produced these days and yet the finished article is just not up to scratch. For me, there is a clear need for an editor of sorts who is involved throughout the entire development process and has the veto (within reason) over the development team.

I think I speak for the majority of people here when I say that we are all tired of the same mistakes being made time and time again in games (annoying timed sequences, frustrating mazes, poor speech etc.) so maybe it is time that development teams changed the way they do things with regards to the editing process.

Releasing early engine or game demos would be perhaps one way to get feedback from the community (people like ourselves who know what works and what doesn't) rather than having to pay an editor to sit on the team during development.

To get back to Legacy though, I'm not saying I won't buy it, I'll just wait until the price comes right down. Shame, as I really want to support these kinds of efforts, but at the end of the day, I'm not here to throw money at people.