View Single Post
Old 10-18-2004, 10:22 PM   #7
Stinger
Retirement is stupid

Well, since your last post was joyously civil I will explain the situation in greater detail.

- We were granted the exclusive demo by the developers. We were the only ones provided the original file.

- Gamer's Hell--though they intended to seek permission, they jumped the gun a little--mirrored the demo. Anyone who would find the demo through the Gamer's Hell website would see the "Courtesy of Adventure Gamers" line and the link. We had a good discussion with their chief this afternoon and all of this was ironed out. They're actually darn good folks.

- Clearly you followed a link from elsewhere to the GH page you linked to--I can't say what exactly motivates people to link to one site instead of another; I don't want to outright accuse someone of actively denying AG credit, but...the person who gave you that link in the first place certainly had to have gone through the screen with the Courtesy disclaimer and it would have been nice if they had alerted others to it as Bluesnews.com and others did...but anyway, all of that aside, the only reason anyone in the world is playing Project Joe today is because of Adventure Gamers, regardless of what site actually served them the file. That being the case, I will sleep at least my usual 4.75 hours tonight fairly comfortable with our use of the word "exclusive."

(by the way Jim, did you like the game )

"An episodic sociopathic lagomorph? The mind boggles."