View Single Post
Old 10-07-2003, 10:41 AM   #2
Marek
Puts the 'e' in Mark

Hmmmm:

Quote:
thats the compiled source test version. the beta that I had was 1.5 gigs in size. it is pure crap and definately a mis-representation (if you can even say that) of what the final game will be.

you are exactly correct. there is nothing to see, and you'll be wasting your time getting the beta. I have already removed it. For those looking to actually play, you wont find it here. Its more of load a map, look at half finished map, move stuff with the manipulator.

the game contains e3 maps as well as some other maps. many are missing. for example there is a map of some underground tunnels, but you walk through them and you get to the end, and nothing happens. I am guessing that this is a point where the next part loads, except in this so called "beta" nothing happens. You can go into a room with 5 bad guys and they don't shoot at you, because they are not scripted. like I said this beta sucks and it is more of an alpha.

Like the UT2003 leak alpha demo ... It's just shit , nothing to see ... Just waisting you'r time to get it anyway .

there is no gameplay. you load the map and you basically look at it. many maps are missing textures and many scripted events. put it this way, you walk around looking at orange or white walls, floor and ceiling. there is no gameplay, there is no beta... it is more of an early alpha, a development version.
http://www.halflife2.net/forums/show...5&pagenumber=1