View Single Post
Old 07-06-2004, 12:13 PM   #11
Royal Fool
Statement: Not a meatbag.

Send a message via AIM to Royal Fool Send a message via MSN to Royal Fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhotray
Seriously Upt?!

I'd heard rumor that Valve was going to ship the original Half Life, with the sequal free of charge, but I didn't realise they were going to up the graphical spec as well!?!?

Oooooh man. . I was going to buy the game before, but now...
The leaked alpha version (Despite popular belief it was not in a beta state) of Half-Life 2 included the necessary files to play Half-Life using the Source engine. The models were pretty much the same, as were the textures, but the water and physics had all changed for the better. As for how Valve will release the final port is anybody's guess. I'd think that Opposing Force and Blue Shift will also be running on Source.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConcreteRancor
As far as Doom 3 goes, I think it is a remake, albeit one that goes at a much slower pace than the original Doom. (So that you can admire all the fancy scenery.) That disappoints me. In fact, I have yet to be convinced that there will be an actual game behind the tech demo that is Doom 3.
Part remake, part original concept. I guess a fitting word is 'retelling'. It takes place on Mars and has many of the classic Doom monsters but also introduces new ones. The plot is somewhat the same, although id Software are promising a much bigger plot involvement than in their previous games. Should be interesting to see how this works out.