View Single Post
Old 05-12-2012, 02:41 PM   #11
cbman

Quote:
Originally Posted by mart View Post
I think the reviewer was quite harsh, and though not incorrect about many aspects, should have approached it a bit more as a first game by an indie developer.

Adventure Gamers never reviews games from that perspective and that is why I value their reviews more than those from other AG specific sites, which very often come across as puff pieces. If you're charging money for your game then it is a commerical release and should be judged as such. Even the price of the game (ie it may be cheap) can't really be factored into a review because that is an ephermal factor and the reviews will stay for years.

I feel that a review I read on this site is the author's honest opinion about a game, and not a favour for a friend to help them sell it to me.

I haven't played this game but I might at some point. I like Lovecraft and horror games, although this looks to have a slightly cartooney tone, which I generally don't care for. But I would rather wait and see how future chapters get reviewed; if the series seems to progress I will get it and play from start to finish, which I prefer to do anyhow.