View Single Post
Old 04-02-2012, 12:51 PM   #7
Banter

Hey Brian,

I will be happy to pledge my support, but one thing I noticed and that I think is the best advice anyone can give you is this: The intended budget of U$ 280.000 is way too high.

Not too high in the sense that you wouldn't make an awesome game with it(I played your "no budget" games and enjoyed them, so I know you will), or too high in the sense that it is wrong to be ambitious with your project(it is not). It is just that I doubt you will get the "pull" needed to reach this goal, and I would hate to see the kickstarter fail because of that. Cognition had the backing of Jane Jensen's name and a whole lot more attention than you will probably get... and in the end got much less than that(about 35.000 bucks). You see my point?

If you lower the kickstarter goal you will increase your chances of succeeding, increase confidence of others in it succeeding, and you will also still make a good game in the end. After all, you made 3 good games with no budget at all...

Cheers and hope it all works out. You can count on 15 of my hard earned bucks for it.

P.S: I just wondered now, I assume if the goal isn't reached the project is cancelled. Or can the person responsible for the kickstarter settle with less than the intended goal? Will you move on with the project if the goal isn't reached?