View Single Post
Old 03-09-2012, 05:08 AM   #16
Pyke

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTwelve View Post
I do disagree somewhat with this comment. I think there's a big difference with low-res graphics and low-quality. Two totally unconnected spectrum. (Maybe just a different interpretation of the OP's choice of words, there, though.) Beautiful low-res graphics can be created on a self-funded budget much easier than beautiful high-res graphics unless you are or know a very talented artist with lots of free time.
Oh-I definitely didn't mean 'low res' graphics. I meant low quality graphics. I think that Gemeni Rue is one of the best looking games I've seen in a long time.
Essentially what I mean is that I don't think that indies should use the excuse of 'being indie' to let any part of their product be below the best quality they can make it.
AAA titles are really good because nothing is just 'good enough'. Every aspect of the productions get attention. Indies need to be the same.

If you cant draw, there are many many ways to get your story across. I personally would LOVE to see a 'claymation' game done by indies. South Park has proven that if you have fun characters, you don't need super smooth graphics to get across a (good?) story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTwelve View Post
Otherwise, I'm right on board with your comments, Pyke! There's lots of reasons to be optimistic! Good luck with STASIS, it looks amazing!
Thanks man. I can tell you its rough going-but quite an experience!