View Single Post
Old 03-08-2012, 11:07 AM   #10
Shnubble

While I don't agree with the "lots of money" statement, I think you're right that it's about the individuals, not if they are indie-developers or not.
Might be you can't work as freely in bigger companies but take a look at Ghost Trick for example. Or Portal for that matter, which even started out as kind of an indie game, if I remember correctly. (I know, a controversial example and most certainly not at the "core" of adventures.)
I think the main difference nowadays is it's gotten pretty easy (again) to develop and distribute small games. Also gaming is more socially accepted than it used to be. So there are lots of new indie games around. The better ones get spread and seen.

Paraphrasing from another thread, but it fits better here:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adventurere No.1 View Post
BoUT of ex. why was it praised that much, i guess simply because their publisher just played it right from German release until the english one, they only kept people waiting and waiting until they squeezed the market of adventure games and at the end it was (the game) already on every player's tongue
I get it, you don't like BoUT. I guess one of your 99 comments about it must have tipped me off.
Please realize there are actually people who do like BoUT.
Because, you know, it's not a bad game, after all. o__o
Neither is it a multi-million dollar production nor was it forced down our throats by some almighty publisher. Its makers don't have to find back to the "core" of adventures, if such a thing exists and they are adventure fans like you and me. Just go read some of the interviews. Then you also will know they struggled hard to get it released internationally at all.
You don't like it and that's perfectly fine. You feel underwhelmed by the easy puzzles and I can agree with that. But please realize that's your opinion and not some universal truth. You constantly slip your own opinions into your postings as if they were common known facts.

Last edited by Shnubble; 03-09-2012 at 04:07 AM. Reason: Tried to correct my grammar