View Single Post
Old 03-03-2012, 03:12 AM   #8
mjomble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonchi View Post
For the others coming out together recently, I'm guessing there was probably some dialogue between the different projects, aiming for a similar release date? That would make sense to me anyway.
Actually, it was just one massive coincidence
It was extremely unlikely and I wouldn't believe it if I hadn't been a part of it myself.

If we had planned any of this, I probably would've preferred spreading the releases further apart, to let each game have its own period of time when it was the one new SQ game that everyone is talking about.
But it just sort of happened that the games reached completion around the same time (despite the projects having started years apart from each other) and the idea of artificially delaying a release of a game that was already complete didn't feel right.
In hindsight, it may have even worked in everyone's favour, since "Three/Four new full-length SQ fangames released almost simultaneously" makes for far more noteworthy news than the release of just one.

Quote:
I know there's a speech pack in the works for Vohaul Strikes Back, no idea what its status is though
You can get some idea of the progress by following our Facebook page or checking this page - although there's a big difference between a character being cast and all their lines being recorded and in the game.

At the moment, 1368 lines are in the game, out of a total of around 8000, plus many that have already been recorded, but not yet cut up.

And if you or anyone you know is interested in auditioning for some of the remaining characters, check our forum

Quote:
and I think I read somewhere that one for Incinerations would be considered depending on interest, but I'm not really sure.
You can find more information about the state of the voice pack in this thread.
The tl;dr version - it probably won't go into production until VSB's voice pack is done (Chris, the author of the game, is also working on VSB), but it's quite likely one will be made eventually.